“Great Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Dallas, Texas
“Great Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Great food options.
Has bus line from DAB to Beach.
Nice place to walk around and visit the city!
Love to visit again!

st louis, mo
“So-So vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Daytona Beach beaches were clean and beautiful, but if you want to experience any of the water attractions (paragliding, surfing, jetskis, fishing, etc) it was quite expensive. My family wanted to try some of these things, but the price would've been at least a couple hundred dollars for the 7 of us.

The Boardwalk had arcades and tourist shops which my family wasn't interested in...it also smelled like trash.

The pier was inaccessible as the restaurant that you must pay to go through to get to the end was under construction.

Good vacation if you want to sit on the beach and relax!

Columbia
“Rip Off in Daytona Beach”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I am an over the road truck driver who got laid over in Daytona Beach for a recent weekend. I stayed at the Ramada on International Speedway Blvd. I had no problems with the hotel, they were one of the few that offered truck parking. So on Sat I dropped my trailer and went down to the beach. No place to park at all for a truck this size. Everywhere you turn there are signs that tow away zone. So I took my chances and found an empty lot where the store had closed down. Well sure enough 2 hrs later I watch my truck drive by. It cost me $500 to get it back. My problem isn't really that my truck got towed, it is that I found out that they tow companies prey on tourists for their business. They payoff local residents to let them know of vehicles that they can grab for some fast cash. They hide their signs behind trees so you can't see them. Then they gouge you to get your vehicle back, knowing that you have to pay to get it. Another problem is that the city apparently condones this action, as they don't do anything to stop. It is not worth the trouble to go here. Even when I take my family on vacation I am going to stay away from Daytona Beach. One bad experience can influence future decision , as there are plenty of other places to visit.

columbus ohio
“Trip Report”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Just got back from our vacation and had a fabulous time. We were there from Jul 16 - Jul 25. The weather was unbelievable, sunny and not a drop of rain the entire time we were there. We stayed at the daytona beach inn. - I was looking for no driving, location and value and settled on this place and came away from the experience very pleased with our choice. This place was very clean and the staff was very attentive in addressing our needs. The patio in back with the 2 pools was one of the best setups we have ever had at any of our previous 8 or 9 beach vacations. Took a day and went to Saint Augustine for a tour. We took the red train tour and enjoyed it. If I had to do it over again I would have got there earlier so we could spend more time at each of the stops. We didn't start the tour until 3PM which prevented us from getting off the train to walk around and take pictures. What a beautiful historic place - srongly recommend spending a day or 2 at this place. I'm not one that goes on vacation to eat but I was very surprised at how good the dining in Daytona was. The 2 best places we went to were Deck Down Under (great food long wait and reasonable), BubbaGump(great food, long wait and a little more pricey). BubbaGump was a very interesting place to see how they turned a movie(Forrest Gump) into a thriving restaurant - you have to see it to believe it. We also ate at Cruisers in Saint Augustine - good and reasonable, La Fiesta in Port Orange a mexican place was very good and reasonable prices. Ocean Deck was the worst place we ate at. - The quality of food did not match the price. I would avoid this place. Again, I don't go on vacation to eat but other people do and to give reviews on where we eat seems to be helpful to others. I go on vacation to relax, swim, boogy board and lay out and this part was by far the best. I've seen bigger waves at the outer banks and Myrtle beach but Daytona beach was not bad in this department. The boogy board rides are not as fast but maybe longer because the waves break further away. There is a sand bar that allows you to go out further as well. After dinner, we usually just walked around and hit the shops. I went with my wife and 18 year old daughter and they seemed to enjoy the shopping mush more than I. Oh and a very nice fireworks display on Sat night aroun 10PM. Had a great time at Daytona beach.

Ohio
“Wonderful Easter Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed on Dayton Beach, Florida this past Easter Weekend and it was wonderful.
The weather was warm and sunny, the beach clean and the sand nice and white.
On Easter morning there was a church service right on the beach,and people, as far as the eye could see, where attending.
Dressed in their Sunday bests, down to swim suits, and no one was out of place.
I would gladly come back to Daytona -

Been to Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!