“A night by the ocean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Brooklyn Park, Maryland
“A night by the ocean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Nice place. very nice and fast employees. free breakfast (muffins and cereal). great pool more for adults becuse deep. walk around to the back and your on the beach go out the side and your in the pool. down side water controls in shower hot water only. tiki bar closed at pool and hot tub out of order. Ruby Tuesdays Restaurant and shopping center directly across the street.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach.
We appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and our staff and will share your review with the staff.
We are even more appreciative of the areas that you mentioned in your review where we can improve to exceed our guests expectations.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and we hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the Daytona area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

NOT as pet-friendly as they confirmed on the phone. Upon arrival, the desk clerk informed me that he was not aware of the pet & I would have to be downgraded from a 1st floor poolside room to a "pet-friendly" room. I was also instructed that they were never to be left in the room alone. (Thats a little difficult when dogs are not allowed on the beach) After inspecting the room because the smell, I discovered a bathroom with a toilet so filthy, the pvc pipes under the sink were black w/mold as well as the tub & shower tiles. The cabinets under the kitchen sink were warped & again covered in black mold. I gave Bermuda House the benefit of my doubt & asked to see another pet-friendly room. I was given the key to a handicap room w/urine running down the toilet. I checked out immediately & politely asked for a refund. When the clerk asked my why he tried to argue w/me until I showed him the pics I took on my phone. I was told my credit card had been refunded but a month later American Express is still desputing the charges.

theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
We are truly sorry to see this review for the Bermuda House.
Our management staff has reached out to address the issues discussed in the review with the person.
We apologize for the miscommunication regarding pets at our hotel and that our guest rooms were not up to standard.
Our management staff strives to provide excellent guest service for everyone and it is obvious that we missed the mark.
We will use this review to further improve our service and again apologize that this family was inconvenienced during their trip to our area.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I stay at Bermuda house June 24-30. I arrived at 1:00pm. which i advise anyone to do because around 3:00 there is a line of people checking in. i knew my room was not ready so toya at the front desk took down my number and called me at 2:30 when the room was ready. this gives you a chance to check out the beach or go shopping across the street. i stay in an ocean front efficiency. the litchen sink weas very small but i made it work if you plan on doing a lot of cooking bring you own pots and pans.
Once i got in my room the beds were clean but there were dark stains on the kitchen floor which looked liked someone has been walking on the floor before it dried when they were putting title on the floor. They vacuumed the carpet but it really needed to be shampoo. The baloney needs updating it has cracks and holds in it. the housekeeping staff was very nice. I brought my own cleaning products in which i do at any hotel i stay at so they didn't have to do much to my room. there is a hotel cat and he goes freely throughout the hotel. the only thing i didn't like was that he was in the breakfast area one morning. the bar was only open one day my whole trip for about two hours. I enjoyed my stay if i come back again it will be after they have done some updating.
I did hear one guest complain to housekeeping about her room smelling like urine and the housekeeping staff told her that she was aware and someone was suppose to have fixed the problem a week ago. I can't believe that they rented out a room like that .
Across the street from the hotel is dollar tree, gmc, walgreens, footlocker, payless, bealls
and publix.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thanks for sharing your review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach.
Glad to hear that our convenient location worked out well for you and your travel needs.
We thank you for your candid feedback and we will share your comments to the staff so we can address the issues that you mentioned in your review. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations during your stay.
We thank you again for taking the time to post your thoughts and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Daytona Beach area.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed at the Bermuda House during the Coke 400 - hotel itself is a typical daytona beach hotel, when your are at the beach you shouldn't be laying around your room anyway..beds were clean, sheets were clean, bathroom had a little deep mold on tile, a/c didn't get quite cool enough, but the staff more than made up for any short comings in the room. We were very happy and would stay again, simply because of the staff...thanks for a great stay..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
We thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach.
So glad that you stayed with us during the Coca Cola 400 and it is wonderful to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations! We will also share your review with our maintenance staff so we can improve on the issues where we fell short during your stay.
Hope to see you again the next time you are in Daytona!
Titusville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

A true let down. Not only will I never stay here again I will not recommend this place to anyone. Upon checking in, two desk clerks and one other customer besides myself. The desk clerk acted as though she didn’t even want to assist me and being pleasant was sure lacking. Once checked in, which I would have canceled upon entry if I wouldn’t have lost $336.00, the elevator was full of water without any caution signs, which my son slipped getting onto the elevator, flooring in hallway uneven due to tile breakage. Back door entrance to our hallway was full of water and sand from the beach, there was a sign, laying down further down the hallway. Where is housekeeping? The room had a musty smell, thank goodness I carried Febreeze with us. Every piece of room hardware was very rusty throughout the whole room, bugs on the bathroom ceiling like someone sprayed and didn’t clean up afterward. Tissue holder falling off the wall, toilet seat loose and falling off as well, not even property fitted. The bathroom fan did not work and the exhaust was full of dust and flea looking bugs (pictures). Water damage on ceiling from room above and popcorn ceiling falling. Apparent quick fix cosmetic repairs visible throughout the room. Cats, yes, cats running around the so-called dining area for a continental breakfast lacking substance. Cats are apparently permanent guests without complaints as they had their food and water bowls near the dining entrance. When asked about the special theme park admission booked through Hotels.com and offered by the hotel, the front desk staff knew nothing of such and couldn’t assist. Hotels.com indicated they only post the information as what the hotel gives them. Very Very disappointed. Not only will I NOT stay here again, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Not only posting here but will post throughout every site I can find, including social sites, such as Facebook, myspace, and twitter. I only wish I could post more pictures to show truth. Seemingly not worth the $336.00 it costs to stay here for sporting event.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Bogart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

I looked at motels for weeks before booking at the Bermuda House. We wanted to stay on the beach and also be able to bring our family pet. We needed two rooms .... our kids are 18 and 22 now so we really had to look for the best prices because of having to pay for both rooms. I was worried the prices were so low that it might be awful.... so I said if we get there and hate it we can go to another hotel but everyone will be in the same room. We arrived 3 hours BEFORE check in ... our rooms were not ready which we were not expecting them to be but ... they offered 2 other rooms that were ready both were pool side. We had booked and prepaid for oceanfront rooms for 4 nights. They offered us: no charge on a pet fee, no charge for the in room safe in both rooms, and no charge for the daily parking. We thought that was extremely nice that they offered us anything at all because we were 3 hours before check in so we took it. By them offering to let us have other rooms we got to spend the day on the beach and in the sun. We were checked in, unpacked and on the beach by 1:00. Everyone was extremely nice and friendly at the front desk. Like previous reviews it is an older building and can definitely use some work. But we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were big, the kitchen was perfect and also came with plates, silverware, glasses...etc. Housekeeping was very friendly also. We honestly have no complaints at all. I know others have said the air conditioning didnt work but we did not experience that problem in either of the rooms. You get what you pay for but for us we thought we got more than we paid for. This was our experience and we will stay here again when come to Daytona. Rooms 106 and 108

theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bermuda House Daytona Beach.
I am happy that our pet-friendly, oceanfront location worked out well for you and your family!!
After your travel on your check-in day, we were happy to accommodate you and your family in an alternate room type so you could start your family vacation right away.
We thank you for your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and we will most definitely share your review with the staff at the hotel.
Please contact us the next time you are in the Daytona area!
Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

When I booked this hotel I was a little worried given some of the comments listed here. But we got a great price through expedia and went for it. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Yes, the hotel is older and has suffered a little damage from time and storms but overall it was a great place to stay. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful and VERY friendly! If you give kindness you get kindness in return. We had an oceanfront room with a balcony and kitchette and it couldn't have suited our needs better. Ok so it wasn't a majestic palace but it wasn't bad AT ALL! The pool was extremely large and the pool area was clean. The kids enjoyed it VERY much! The tiki bar wasn't much to speak of but we mixed our own drinks in the room and enjoyed them at the pool (in styrofoam cups) and nothing was said. I'd recommend bringing your own beach and pool towels as they were never stocked but that didn't bother us because we came prepared!! The continential breakfast was adequate for us as well. Cereal, bagels, small danish, muffins, oatmeal, grits, juice, milk, coffee. Beach access was easy and convenient. Some of the comments here are people just being extremely picky over silly things. Some people are NEVER happy. For our two nights to come enjoy the beach it was a WONDERFUL place to stay and we will definitely come back here!!!

Austinsmom01,
Thank you for the review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our hotel was well suited to your travel needs. We appreciate your kind words regarding our front desk staff and nice to hear that they exceeded your expectations.
We are glad that you stayed with us for your family getaway and please visit us again the next time you are in the Daytona Beach area!

Been to Bermuda House? Share your experiences!