“Putting on the Pitz!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   2560 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #87 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Gulfport, FL
“Putting on the Pitz!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

OMG!!! This has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever encountered...DISGUSTING!!! Sleep in your vehicle, you will be better off! First of all, when I approached the hotel I thought this place needs a face lift, that was definitely evident when I walked in, I would have walked out and found another place, but I found this DUMP on the internet and my charge card was already billed. I asked the Front Desk person where the luggage carts were and he informed me. I ended up making two trips to my rooms as the luggage carts were pitted with rust and I was afraid to touch them. I went into my room an was greeted with this awful odor, which now I believe was mold, I had to spray cologne around the room. After two nights there I started spitting up phlem! I complained to the Front Desk that the bathroom fan would not turn off, so for two nights I had this constant drone, not condusive to sleeping well. There were dried blood stains on the carpet, I would not walk barefoot in the room. The kitchen cabinets had peeling paint and wood missing (termites?). In most of the common areas there is broken and/or cracked windows, the fire estinguishers glass englassed holders are missing. Peeling paint is evident everywhere. The best thing to do with this place is to bulldoze it down!!! I will never stay there again and I am trying to dispute my charges for this DUMP! They had one working ice machine on the first floor and I was on the fourth floor, how convenient!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My boyfriend and stayed for four days in 7/11. We were very pleased with the services we received. All of the staff there were not only friendly but we feel went out of thier way to accomodate us on our vacation. We would like to send a special thank you to Latoya, a young woman who worked at the front desk. She always has a smile and a kind word. Her professionalism and positive demeanor were outstanding. Thank you, Wayne Ritchie and Susan Mann (Cincinnati, Ohio).

Room Tip: Really liked that they had kitchenettes.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, General Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for your review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach hotel.
Reading your review truly made my day! I am delighted that our friendly staff exceeded your expectations and you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I appreciate your kind words regarding LaToya, as she truly is a gem and an asset to the hotel. It is great to see her hard work and dedication recognized so nicely in your review.
Thank you for spending your vacation with us this summer and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Daytona Beach.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

nice hotel,, great location but propery needs to be redone... updated... front desk staff was very nice

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, General Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Bermuda House Daytona Beach Hotel.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff and convenient beach location.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests so it was nice to see that we exceeded your expectations during your stay.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Mayodan, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

First, we paid for an ocean front room, but all the balcony doors were nailed shut.. So we were moved to a side view, but not refunded for not having an ocean view. This place is truly a dump! It was nasty, it stank, honestly, we were surprised we didn't catch anything while staying there.

• Stayed February 2011
theresagio, General Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am very sorry that the cleanliness of the room fell short and I have shared this with our Housekeeping team. We maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness and will not accept anything less. The proper actions will be taken to assure this does not repeat itself.
I am so very sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel and based on your comments there is little I can do to change that. However I do appreciate your input and would be happy to discuss it further if you would like to contact me.

Jonesborough, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My best friend and I came down for a couple of day's and we booked this place through Delta thinking this is going to be a nice place to stay for the price, we weren't looking for the freaking Ritz or anything like that something decent and by that I mean CLEAN!!! We checked in and stuff and went to the room and could not get the door opened, this cleaning lad saw us trying to get in so she tried with her key and it wouldn't open Finally we got it opened and It was Nasty and the balcony would not lock. So we talked to the front desk lady and she put us in an ocean front room so we were like ok. We went to the room and walked in it was a little bit better so we decided to stay, Well after all that we decided to go out for the evening to eat and shop. We came back around 11 that night and I decided to lay on the bed I fell asleep then I heard my friend start screaming!! she had noticed these bugs jumping on her, then we noticed spiders on the bed so we start looking around then we found a Cockroach. Needless to say we Left did not want to stay in as bug infested Place Nasty!!! Never Ever Again, False Advertizing!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the Bermuda House hotel, I was truly sorry to this review .
We take all guest comments seriously and continuously make efforts to use any less than perfect reviews as training and coaching opportunities for our staff.
My apologies regarding the housekeeping issues that you experienced in your room during your stay and we have addressed this issue with the appropriate staff member.
I apologize if you felt that any website advertising was misleading, as that is not our intention.
We clearly fell short of your expectations during your recent visit and I offer my most sincere apologies.
We do appreciate your business and sincerely hope that you consider giving us another opportunity to provide a wonderful guest experience for you.

columbia, south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

afterreading some reveiws I was very hesitate to keep my reservation but I am so glad I did. Hotel is right on the beach and the staff went out of its way to make sure that our experince was a good one. I think his name was Mathew help us with what ever he could to finding us some extra dishe to giving my brothers directions to the local scene. This hotel better keep him. Rooms were not the most updated I have seen but were clean and well worth the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bermuda House hotel.
Glad that our convenient location on the beach worked out so well for you and your family this year.
I am ecstatic that you found our accommodations so comfortable and clean and that our hotel was an excellent value for your vacation.
I appreciate your kind words regarding our friendly staff as it is our goal to provide excellent service so it is rewarding to see their efforts recognized in your review.
Thank you again for the compliments and we look forward to your next stay with us the next time you return to Daytona Beach.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in. When you walked in the lobby you were hit with a smokers lounge smell from the 60's to present, and me even being a smoker of 28 years couldn't stand the stench. The only plus side was that instead of just a frig and micro that we were told it had in the room, it actually had a kitchenette, but the micro had to be unplugged after each use or it would just kick on and beep repeatedly without human touch getting louder and louder, the glass rotating plate on the inside was not even the right one for the micro and sat cockeyed so we had to turn it over to use it therefore it would not rotate since it was not fitted in the slots for rotation. The few pots and dinnerware included would not even pass the goodwill inspection and would of made the trash immediately. There were 3 pots(all scratched to heck and warped), 4 plates/bowls/spoons/forks/knives, a couple glasses, and a coffee maker. The room was filthy, the halls and elevator stunk and were SO filthy. We asked for a simple box of tissue replacement and couldn't even get that (included in the bathroom amenities). The continental breakfast included a muffin, bagel or cornflakes, and juice, reduced fat milk, or coffee...wow, really! The pool was a nice size but the deck chairs were sagging and warped and looked like the dumpster would reject them. The hottub sat empty of water and how about refinishing the deck wood once every oh say 20 years or so?!!

Room Tip: A tip to get the best room? Another hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
theresagio, Manager at Bermuda House, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day to share your most recent experience with us while staying at the Bermuda House hotel.
It is from individuals such as you who share their experience with us that enable us to correct our shortfalls for future guests. I do apologize that you felt this way and I am terribly sorry about that and committed to resorting the perception you had of our hotel.
Given the seriousness of challenges mentioned, I would love to discuss this stay with you directly to ensure that you are aware of the action that has been taken to correct our shortfalls and to aid us in why you felt this way.
I can be reached by phone and again thank you.

386-672-1440

Been to Bermuda House? Share your experiences!