“Awful service, would not recommend.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful service, would not recommend.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

I absolutely would not recommend this to anyone. My brother and I looked it up on the internet about 3 weeks before heading to Daytona. We called, made the reservations, and made sure everything was all set. On the phone, the man was quite rude and asked my brother to repeat the dates about 3 times, so my brother did. We dismissed his rudeness as.. whatever. Upon arriving, they told us our reservations had been made for the week after, and actually made rude remarks about my parents not understanding English, because we're Hispanic so their accents are really thick. My little brother and I both speak perfect English, and after being treated like absolute crap, he finally exploded and said, "Do I sound like I don't speak English? Maybe you should check yours!" (everyone who worked there had really thick Indian accents, so I don't understand what their problem was.) They then told us that we would have to pay $300 more dollars than planned and it was our mistake. They repeatedly told us it was our mistake, actually, and were really REALLY rude about it. Finally, they told us we should just take it because we "wouldn't find any other place as low as that on such short notice." ..well, we did. Sucks for them. I would not reccomend this place to anyone; I've never been so mad in my life at a hotel or something stupid like that. Ugh.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Foley, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

When we arrived our room wasn't ready until 3:30-standard I was told. Check in was for 12:00 according to itinerary. Also was given a roadside room after reserving an "oceanside room." Went to get my room I thought I reserved, on the water. Was told "ocean side" doesn't mean "ocean side"-it means the HOTEL is on the ocean side of-the-street. Was told I misunderstood when I made my reservation.

The rooms, forget what side they were on, were GROSS! The carpet must have been wet mopped and it was wet the entire time we were in our room. Wet socks. Had to wear shoes in the room the whole time. Everything was old and musty. Sliding door was hard to open. Was a chore to get housekeeping to part with any clean towels. They did't seem to want to give any away! They were smooth as sandpaper and as big as a piece when you did get some.

All in all, a crappy hotel. Stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed March 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

one of the few hotels with a king bed and seperate room for moms and dads at night and full kitchenette. very low rates for great views!!!!! i have been planning my family vacations here for the last 4 years and we will be back in july of 06! great staff!!! elevator a little smelly but hey!, thats ocean water for ya!

• Stayed July 2005
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

Rooms were recently redone and were nice and I'm very picky to the point of leaving other hotels after looking at our room. Very Clean. Magnetic strip entry to rooms. The rooms have an ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer, and you can request a private balcony facing ocean with 2 chairs on it. Pool area also looked redone. Pool was not heated during our stay and the water was too cold to swim in. I asked why it was not heated and was told that once the air temperature goes above 70 degrees that they do not heat it. It needs to be heated in Dec. no matter what the air temperature. Free Breakfast was good. They had donuts, muffins, cereals, english muffins and waffles that you poured the mix yourself onto the waffle maker and was very good. They had an attendant there who was very helpful and kept everything clean and filled. The office is open 24/7 and the staff was very polite. The shower was very good as rated by my husband, the shower expert. It had several settings on the shower head, all of which worked. Never ran out of hot water either. I would stay there again. It's a good value for the price.

• Stayed November 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

Sides of the pool were slick with sunscreen residue, room was moldy, staff was extremely nice. would stay there again in a pinch otherwise I would skip it.

Stayed July 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

What can I say, the boys and I felt like going to Daytona Beach for Spring break, so we did. We first dealt with the desk clerks. They were very friendly and helpful. We got to the room and realized we had a full kitchen with plates, silverware, stove, microwave, fridge, toaster, ect. This was great as we were there for a week and didn't feel like eating fastfood 3 times a day for a week. City View balcony was great. Room was clean and in working order. Maids were very friendly. Met so many other spring breakers too. Only complaints was that 1 elevator was out, pool was a little cloudy (probably from all the booze being dumped into it). But we had a great time with very few and minor complaints. We would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2005

Spring Break Nightmear>>>drunkin teen throwing bottles off balconies-running nude in hallways-loud & offensive-open sex in lighted pool at night-police roaming hallways..How does hotel handle this?? they cater to it..they even remove the fire extinguishers from the hallways and keep them in a closet so the children don't use them up. ...Then they over charge my bill by $ 1,500.00 in some strange accident. elevators were being fixed( only one of 2 working) look out wen it rains the doors leak and the carpet becomes indoor/outdoor. poor condition/poorly maintained/pool was cloudy water/small parking lot so watch your rental car...please stay away

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!