“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Pleasant Grove, Alabama
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from my semi annual trip to Daytona
Stayed my favorite all time Hotel.
You cannot beat. The location, friendliness , service and
Value... Management and staff go overboard to make my
stay very pleasant! Great Place !!!

• Stayed December 2012
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
It is always our pleasure to have you stay with us each year. We look forward to your twice yearly visits. From all the Staff and I at your home away from home, can't wait to see you again soon!

Angela Hearn, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this location on a few occasions while visiting Daytona Beach.

It is clean, comfortable,well maintained and typical of the brand. It is in a good location, on the beach and about a ten minute walk to Main Street.

Check in was quick and efficient. The young lady working the last time I visited was very pleasant.

The king room as nice sized with a workable desk. The restroom was average sized and clean. The bed was comfortable.

The rates vary greatly depending upon what events are in progress. Like most downtown properties, their rates skyrocket during bike week. Off season however, you can find some good deals.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
The Staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I do hope you will always choose us as your vacation destination.

Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My experience with this motel was excellent upon my arrival at this location until my departure .I was greeted at the desk by Peggy Sue Tackett. She recoginized the fact that I was an Elite member of Choice Motels and thanked me for my business. She already had my paperwork laid out so my checkin was very fast. She explained the rules of the motel and provided me with directions to the activities that I was going to be doing in the area. She also made a few suggestions of other things to do in Daytona. My room was very tasteful and clean. I had a beautiful ocean view with a balcony over looking the pool. When we checked out the next morning, Peggy SUe was again working the desk. She made sure that I was satistfied with my stay. and asked me to please come back and stay with them should I return to the area. Peggy Sue Tackett is a GEM of an employee and Comfort Inn should be aware of this fact. Friendly and helpful as well as efficient. Thanks for making our overnight stay a success! Oh I forgot to mention that this stay was completely free because I used my Choice Member points!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms cost a little extra but if you want a great view the cost is worth it! Ask for the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the fantastic review. I am so pleased because I know we have a great staff hear but to see their name(s) on Trip Advisor is wonderful. Peggy Sue and the rest of the Staff were very happy to read this review. All of us work hard to make everyone's experience a special one so it is great to hear when we achieve that. I hope we will see you again in the real near future.

Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice to stay at a hotel that lets you sleep in without disturbing you. We slept late everyday without being disturbed. The room was cleaned daily with plenty of fresh towels. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good and they kept plenty of food out. You have to wear a wrist band to eat breakfast and use the pool, but this is a minor inconvenience. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room with a balcony, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review. My Staff and I work very hard everyday to ensure you have a great experience and it is always a pleasure to hear this great feed back. I hope we will always be your vacation destination when you are in this area. Have a great year!!

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We enjoy going to Daytona and the location is close enough to everything but not in the middle of it all. We stayed on the 5th floor over the office, in a small room for two with a nice view of the city and the ocean. I'm fussy about clean and this was very well kept. The bed was soft for our taste but comfortable. The breakfast covered most everyones needs from hot, cold, fruit, dairy, juices, etc. All the staff was very welcoming, friendly and social. There was one kind man that was constantly watering plants, moping floors and greeting us as we came and went. Made us feel at home. Peggy Sue was very helpful with hotel reservations and dinner ideas. The checkout person was cold, didn't ask "how was your room or stay", maybe treat me like you'd like to see me again.
We live 2 hours down the coast and love touring Florida so I'm glad we found this place, because we'll be back! Get ready checkout people...smiling faces please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Your response was well welcomed from all the Staff and I. All of us work hard daily to make sure your vacation time is the best it can possibly be and when we get this kind of feed back it assures us we are doing all the right things. I hope you return to stay with us each year and permanently make us your vacation destination. All of the Staff will have smiling faces upon your return. Happy Holidays!

Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel check in staff member was personable and friendly. The check out staff where cold and distant. They have to issue you a band to were on your wrist so you can use the pool and eat at breakfast, seems kind of silly to me. The room needs remodeling as everything was dated and worn out. The bed sagged on the edge and is right up against the Air Conditioner, not very comfortable at all. The breakfast room is very small and everyone was bumping into each other.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent stay at our Hotel. It is very unlike any of our Staff to be distant or cold but I do apologize if this was the impression at check out. I do hope you will make us your vacation destination again in the very near future and let us show you our fantastic team one more time.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms for my daughters birthday. At check in P J offered us to switch one room to ocean side for an extra $ 40. We took it and it was well worth it.

We had a great view from our balcony of the beach and air show! The room was spotless and the ac kept the room cold...exactly the way we love it! The towels were arranged in a creative welcoming manner! We had parking under the hotel in the shade and everything we needed.

We missed breakfast both days. I suggest they extend it till 10-10:30 for us weekend sleep in types.

PJ couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. She helped us figure out my daughters friends parking delima as they allow one car per room.

At one point a woman guest came to the desk and interupted us complaining loudly that she was reprimanded by police for walking her dog ON the beach. She went on and on complaining to PJ that the hotel shouldn't allow dogs cause they can't go on the beach. She made no sense at all since she was able to bring her dog to the hotel. All the time P J smilled, politely apoligized, said she would relay the message to management.....and had the patience of Job!
I felt bad for her just listening and taking the anger.

Once she left PJ continued to give us suggestions for parking and bent over backwards to make sure we had anything we needed. She was so sweet we brought her back some birthday cake.

On Sunday the other folks at the desk gave us extra towels for the pool, and then let us stay a few hours at the pool after check out to watch the air show! The maids were so friendly and helpful, and even the attendent by the pool was friendly and plesant! We may just start coming up one weekend a month it is such an afordable and great location. A sparkling gem in the midst if some pretty famous but run down hotels on the strip.
5 stars for the location & condition vs. Price!

• Stayed October 2012
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
As a General Manager it is wonderful to have an Employee praised upon by name in this way from a Guest that we hope will return over and over again. PJ saw the posting and she was so excited to see in writing how much she helped out with your stay. She is truly a wonderful Guest Service Specialist. Thank you for taking the time to write such great things. I do hope that our Great Little Gem will always be your vacation destination.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!