“So glad we found this place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #49 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Vero Beach, Florida
“So glad we found this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We enjoy going to Daytona and the location is close enough to everything but not in the middle of it all. We stayed on the 5th floor over the office, in a small room for two with a nice view of the city and the ocean. I'm fussy about clean and this was very well kept. The bed was soft for our taste but comfortable. The breakfast covered most everyones needs from hot, cold, fruit, dairy, juices, etc. All the staff was very welcoming, friendly and social. There was one kind man that was constantly watering plants, moping floors and greeting us as we came and went. Made us feel at home. Peggy Sue was very helpful with hotel reservations and dinner ideas. The checkout person was cold, didn't ask "how was your room or stay", maybe treat me like you'd like to see me again.
We live 2 hours down the coast and love touring Florida so I'm glad we found this place, because we'll be back! Get ready checkout people...smiling faces please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Your response was well welcomed from all the Staff and I. All of us work hard daily to make sure your vacation time is the best it can possibly be and when we get this kind of feed back it assures us we are doing all the right things. I hope you return to stay with us each year and permanently make us your vacation destination. All of the Staff will have smiling faces upon your return. Happy Holidays!

Angela Hearn, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel check in staff member was personable and friendly. The check out staff where cold and distant. They have to issue you a band to were on your wrist so you can use the pool and eat at breakfast, seems kind of silly to me. The room needs remodeling as everything was dated and worn out. The bed sagged on the edge and is right up against the Air Conditioner, not very comfortable at all. The breakfast room is very small and everyone was bumping into each other.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent stay at our Hotel. It is very unlike any of our Staff to be distant or cold but I do apologize if this was the impression at check out. I do hope you will make us your vacation destination again in the very near future and let us show you our fantastic team one more time.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms for my daughters birthday. At check in P J offered us to switch one room to ocean side for an extra $ 40. We took it and it was well worth it.

We had a great view from our balcony of the beach and air show! The room was spotless and the ac kept the room cold...exactly the way we love it! The towels were arranged in a creative welcoming manner! We had parking under the hotel in the shade and everything we needed.

We missed breakfast both days. I suggest they extend it till 10-10:30 for us weekend sleep in types.

PJ couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. She helped us figure out my daughters friends parking delima as they allow one car per room.

At one point a woman guest came to the desk and interupted us complaining loudly that she was reprimanded by police for walking her dog ON the beach. She went on and on complaining to PJ that the hotel shouldn't allow dogs cause they can't go on the beach. She made no sense at all since she was able to bring her dog to the hotel. All the time P J smilled, politely apoligized, said she would relay the message to management.....and had the patience of Job!
I felt bad for her just listening and taking the anger.

Once she left PJ continued to give us suggestions for parking and bent over backwards to make sure we had anything we needed. She was so sweet we brought her back some birthday cake.

On Sunday the other folks at the desk gave us extra towels for the pool, and then let us stay a few hours at the pool after check out to watch the air show! The maids were so friendly and helpful, and even the attendent by the pool was friendly and plesant! We may just start coming up one weekend a month it is such an afordable and great location. A sparkling gem in the midst if some pretty famous but run down hotels on the strip.
5 stars for the location & condition vs. Price!

• Stayed October 2012
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
As a General Manager it is wonderful to have an Employee praised upon by name in this way from a Guest that we hope will return over and over again. PJ saw the posting and she was so excited to see in writing how much she helped out with your stay. She is truly a wonderful Guest Service Specialist. Thank you for taking the time to write such great things. I do hope that our Great Little Gem will always be your vacation destination.

Newtown Square, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from the Comfort Inn this evening and I can't tell you how impressed we were. Everything was PERFECT. We decided at the last minute to get a room and see the Wings and Waves Air Show both Sat. and Sun. Best air show we have ever seen, by the way! I walked in to the hotel and was given the rate and I looked at the room just to be sure...... Everything has been redone and is very, very nice. Did I mention squeaky clean? I am just a little picky and this room was clean! No hairs, no grey mildew in the bathroom, no dust build up in the corners of the rug, nothing even a little bit ugly. And the air conditioner was COLD, as it should be. Comfortable new beds and nice linens. Need I say more? I can't wait to go back.

We were also able to pay for 1/2 of a day and stay in our room until 5, which was great. Or you could just check out of your room and still use the facilities......they are very accommodating.

We were ocean front and the view of the pool and the beach was expansive and beautiful.

Whoops! I forgot to say how great the staff was! Everyone was very nice and could not have tried harder. Thank you especially to PJ and Peggy Sue and the young lady (whose name I missed, sorry) that checked us out today !0/14

You won't be disappointed with this hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely choose ocean front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond on Tripadvisor.com. It means so much to my Staff and I. We are all so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that you will make us your vacation destination every year!!

Bethlehem, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

What can I say, The room was spotless, the pool was spotless, and the breakfast was awesome. The staff was pleasant, and Daniel is a workaholic, This gentlemen was always working and always greeted you. We have stayed in other motels in the area and this was a great stay, it is walking distant from the boardwalk, and is pet friendly, we didn't take our pets but this is good to know so if we wanted to next time we could. We will be back and thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you from the Staff and I we really appreciate the great comments it lets us know we are doing the right things to stay your vacation destination!

Pleasant Grove, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had another great 8 day stay at my favorite Daytona Hotel
Great facilities, location and above all "super staff"
Everyone there goes overboard to make my stay pleasant
I do suggest getting reservations as this facility is obviously quite popular with
travelers . Most of the rooms were occupied during my stay which was right after
the July NASCAR race. I also noted there were a lot of repeat visitors that come to
Daytona each summer for their vacations.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several rooms and all are quite comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
The Staff and I want to say thank you for all the kind words. It is always our delight to have repeat Guest like yourself visit us once or twice every year. Again, thank you for the great feed back it lets us know what we are doing is right!!

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The exterior of the motel is nice but when you enter the hallways, it appears to be an older hotel but is painted nicely.
The deadbolt lock didn't work on our front door. but it was so late when we discovered it didn't work that we went to bed just using the top lock that loops over a bar.
There was a nice balcony but the air conditioner cover was off and laying on the floor & we couldn't get it back on so just propped it up and told the grandson to stay away from it.
The room itself was clean and the bed comfortable, but the blanket was very stiff and old looking - I pulled it off the bed - didn't want it near me. The air conditoner worked great and we slept well. Bathroom was clean but could use a hook on the door to hold a towel or clothes as you change into or out of of a bathing suit.
The swimming pool walls looked sort of dirty. I was concerned that it was algae but it may have been sand. It was a good size and the kiddie pool was great for my grandson.
The staff checking in and out was very friendly. They give out a red bracelet that is to be worn by all quests so they know you belong there. I like this concept as we have stayed in several motels in Daytona and I've seen people come from the beach, use the motel swimming pool then go back to the beach and get in their car and leave. We have also seen people at other motels park in the motel we were at because there wasn't enough places in the motel they were at, which made parking sparse!
Breakfast was over at 10 and we were running late and didn't make it, but one of the other guests said it was ok.
I do think they need to put some rubber mats on the floor in the elevator as the floor was very wet from people coming back from the poll but they had two elevators, which was great.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms cost more but it's awesome to sit out on the balcony at night and look out at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our Hotel here in beautiful Daytona Beach Florida. Our Hotel is older but full of new age charm. We are open 24/7 so anytime you stay with us we will be glad to come and fix any issue you may have hopefully none but we are there for those rare occasions. I will take into consideration about the hooks for the back of the doors that is a great idea and so many other Guest may enjoy that luxury as well. The bracelets are a great policy and have really cut down on anyone coming onto our property we want all of our amenities to be used by our Guest only and we do not want anyone who is not a Guest on our property. Sorry that you missed Breakfast it is a large variety but we do close it at 9:30am so next time when you visit make it a point to join us and you will love it. I do hope that you will make us your vacation destination every year. Again, from the Staff and I we appreciate the good review.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!