“This hotel is very plain” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #47 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
Hollywood, Florida
“This hotel is very plain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel check in staff member was personable and friendly. The check out staff where cold and distant. They have to issue you a band to were on your wrist so you can use the pool and eat at breakfast, seems kind of silly to me. The room needs remodeling as everything was dated and worn out. The bed sagged on the edge and is right up against the Air Conditioner, not very comfortable at all. The breakfast room is very small and everyone was bumping into each other.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent stay at our Hotel. It is very unlike any of our Staff to be distant or cold but I do apologize if this was the impression at check out. I do hope you will make us your vacation destination again in the very near future and let us show you our fantastic team one more time.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We booked 3 rooms for my daughters birthday. At check in P J offered us to switch one room to ocean side for an extra $ 40. We took it and it was well worth it.

We had a great view from our balcony of the beach and air show! The room was spotless and the ac kept the room cold...exactly the way we love it! The towels were arranged in a creative welcoming manner! We had parking under the hotel in the shade and everything we needed.

We missed breakfast both days. I suggest they extend it till 10-10:30 for us weekend sleep in types.

PJ couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. She helped us figure out my daughters friends parking delima as they allow one car per room.

At one point a woman guest came to the desk and interupted us complaining loudly that she was reprimanded by police for walking her dog ON the beach. She went on and on complaining to PJ that the hotel shouldn't allow dogs cause they can't go on the beach. She made no sense at all since she was able to bring her dog to the hotel. All the time P J smilled, politely apoligized, said she would relay the message to management.....and had the patience of Job!
I felt bad for her just listening and taking the anger.

Once she left PJ continued to give us suggestions for parking and bent over backwards to make sure we had anything we needed. She was so sweet we brought her back some birthday cake.

On Sunday the other folks at the desk gave us extra towels for the pool, and then let us stay a few hours at the pool after check out to watch the air show! The maids were so friendly and helpful, and even the attendent by the pool was friendly and plesant! We may just start coming up one weekend a month it is such an afordable and great location. A sparkling gem in the midst if some pretty famous but run down hotels on the strip.
5 stars for the location & condition vs. Price!

• Stayed October 2012
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
As a General Manager it is wonderful to have an Employee praised upon by name in this way from a Guest that we hope will return over and over again. PJ saw the posting and she was so excited to see in writing how much she helped out with your stay. She is truly a wonderful Guest Service Specialist. Thank you for taking the time to write such great things. I do hope that our Great Little Gem will always be your vacation destination.

Newtown Square, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from the Comfort Inn this evening and I can't tell you how impressed we were. Everything was PERFECT. We decided at the last minute to get a room and see the Wings and Waves Air Show both Sat. and Sun. Best air show we have ever seen, by the way! I walked in to the hotel and was given the rate and I looked at the room just to be sure...... Everything has been redone and is very, very nice. Did I mention squeaky clean? I am just a little picky and this room was clean! No hairs, no grey mildew in the bathroom, no dust build up in the corners of the rug, nothing even a little bit ugly. And the air conditioner was COLD, as it should be. Comfortable new beds and nice linens. Need I say more? I can't wait to go back.

We were also able to pay for 1/2 of a day and stay in our room until 5, which was great. Or you could just check out of your room and still use the facilities......they are very accommodating.

We were ocean front and the view of the pool and the beach was expansive and beautiful.

Whoops! I forgot to say how great the staff was! Everyone was very nice and could not have tried harder. Thank you especially to PJ and Peggy Sue and the young lady (whose name I missed, sorry) that checked us out today !0/14

You won't be disappointed with this hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely choose ocean front.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond on Tripadvisor.com. It means so much to my Staff and I. We are all so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that you will make us your vacation destination every year!!

Bethlehem, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

What can I say, The room was spotless, the pool was spotless, and the breakfast was awesome. The staff was pleasant, and Daniel is a workaholic, This gentlemen was always working and always greeted you. We have stayed in other motels in the area and this was a great stay, it is walking distant from the boardwalk, and is pet friendly, we didn't take our pets but this is good to know so if we wanted to next time we could. We will be back and thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you from the Staff and I we really appreciate the great comments it lets us know we are doing the right things to stay your vacation destination!

Pleasant Grove, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had another great 8 day stay at my favorite Daytona Hotel
Great facilities, location and above all "super staff"
Everyone there goes overboard to make my stay pleasant
I do suggest getting reservations as this facility is obviously quite popular with
travelers . Most of the rooms were occupied during my stay which was right after
the July NASCAR race. I also noted there were a lot of repeat visitors that come to
Daytona each summer for their vacations.

Room Tip: Have stayed in several rooms and all are quite comfortable
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
The Staff and I want to say thank you for all the kind words. It is always our delight to have repeat Guest like yourself visit us once or twice every year. Again, thank you for the great feed back it lets us know what we are doing is right!!

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The exterior of the motel is nice but when you enter the hallways, it appears to be an older hotel but is painted nicely.
The deadbolt lock didn't work on our front door. but it was so late when we discovered it didn't work that we went to bed just using the top lock that loops over a bar.
There was a nice balcony but the air conditioner cover was off and laying on the floor & we couldn't get it back on so just propped it up and told the grandson to stay away from it.
The room itself was clean and the bed comfortable, but the blanket was very stiff and old looking - I pulled it off the bed - didn't want it near me. The air conditoner worked great and we slept well. Bathroom was clean but could use a hook on the door to hold a towel or clothes as you change into or out of of a bathing suit.
The swimming pool walls looked sort of dirty. I was concerned that it was algae but it may have been sand. It was a good size and the kiddie pool was great for my grandson.
The staff checking in and out was very friendly. They give out a red bracelet that is to be worn by all quests so they know you belong there. I like this concept as we have stayed in several motels in Daytona and I've seen people come from the beach, use the motel swimming pool then go back to the beach and get in their car and leave. We have also seen people at other motels park in the motel we were at because there wasn't enough places in the motel they were at, which made parking sparse!
Breakfast was over at 10 and we were running late and didn't make it, but one of the other guests said it was ok.
I do think they need to put some rubber mats on the floor in the elevator as the floor was very wet from people coming back from the poll but they had two elevators, which was great.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms cost more but it's awesome to sit out on the balcony at night and look out at...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our Hotel here in beautiful Daytona Beach Florida. Our Hotel is older but full of new age charm. We are open 24/7 so anytime you stay with us we will be glad to come and fix any issue you may have hopefully none but we are there for those rare occasions. I will take into consideration about the hooks for the back of the doors that is a great idea and so many other Guest may enjoy that luxury as well. The bracelets are a great policy and have really cut down on anyone coming onto our property we want all of our amenities to be used by our Guest only and we do not want anyone who is not a Guest on our property. Sorry that you missed Breakfast it is a large variety but we do close it at 9:30am so next time when you visit make it a point to join us and you will love it. I do hope that you will make us your vacation destination every year. Again, from the Staff and I we appreciate the good review.

Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Okay here goes...I checked in on Saturday after a very long drive and upon initial view it was okay. We ran out for food, came back and ate. Time for shower and bed...this is when it went downhill. The tub was dirty (I had to clean it), there was an old wash cloth hanging on the shower rail?!, the tub also had a very slow drain...but we endured since we were tired. One of the bulbs was out in the bathroom so it was very low light...no wonder it was'nt clean...they can't see! There was little piles of sand in the bathroom floor also??!! We have a 2 queen room oceanfront b/c no kings were available when we booked. The queen next to the balcony had long strands of hair all different colors...ewww! Overall room was'nt the cleanest. Sunday morning we reported the tub situation and the one bulb out situation to front desk, they were really pleasant and had george fix things accordingly. i told the housekeeper about the dirty wash cloth and she was apologetic...so we were okay at that point. Now Sunday night a HUGE flying cockrocah got in our room...I managed to get on the balcony and shut the door, the hubby was in hallway, the cockroach won the room. Hubby goes down to front desk for some type of pesticide or something to eradicate this sucker. Mimi at the front desk was very uncaring and asked hubby "What do you want me to do?", "I can move you". Not the best situation at almost 11 at night. So hubby comes back up and start packing (I'm still on balcony) he finally convinces me to run through room...by the way I only have a sheet wrapped around me...it was bath time! Picture that in the hallway! So hubby gets my clothes and I dress in HALLWAY!! I call Mimi from my cellphone to ask what room were going to. Mimi says you have to bring me your ID so you can get a new parking pass and room..huh! PRIORITIES!!! So, I ask Mimi if she has a bellhop to put our stuff on..."uhh, no". Okay I get to the first floor and bingo...bellhop! I send up to hubby and go to lobby. Mimi is sitting on her a**. I was instantly pissed! She could have at least had paperwork ready, key cards, and the all important parking pass ready...but not Mimi. So I asked who the manager was for Monday...Peggy Sue I was told. Now new room on the floor below had noisy toilet, noisy fridge, but much cleaner...yay! Monday morning...toilet in new room doesn't flush...go figure! Called and reported to front desk. they were very pleasant and said George would get right on it. Peggy s\Sue would not be in til 1 p.m?! Okay so I'm waiting for her arrival as I amstill here til Thursday! Dear God do not let anything else happen...to be cont.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Angelahearn, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I spoke with you on the day of your check out in great length about this situation. I spoke with Housekeeping about the things listed in your feedback here on Tripadvisor and the message has been heard. I do not tolerate a dirty room, we are not the newest and in most areas I can’t change that but being clean is a requirement just like we spoke about. I have spoken with the Desk Clerk that you dealt with because as I stated to you this is not in her character to be short or give a vibe of not caring about the Guest and their situation. She explained to me that she did not know what you meant by bell hop she thought you were speaking of a houseman to come up and help you move and no we do not have that here she did not know you meant the luggage cart and I explained to you when we spoke that I believed that to be the reason she told you no. I also spoke to her about having your paper work ready when you came down and she said she was trying to have it ready but the phones kept her busy until you arrived and for that she apologizes. Like we spoke about in Florida the flying Palmetto Bugs are here and no matter the spray you use they fly in like a fly or any other flying insect so if the balcony door is open they will come in it is natural for them to do that and this was told to me by our Pest Control Specialist. Again, I do apologize that your experience with us was less than satisfactory but we do work very hard to ensure everyone's vacation is a great one and hopefully in the near future you will give us another chance to make you satisfied.

Angela Hearn, CHA

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach? Share your experiences!