“Friendly staff and good place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1398 North Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32018   |
Ranked #24 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Newburgh, Indiana
“Friendly staff and good place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

By far one of the friendliest hotels I've been to in Florida, which is difficult to find. They were helpful, and overall very pleasant. Rooms are clean. Some have smoke smell, as does the elevator every once in a while, but overall pleased with the experience. The ocean view rooms have a wonderful view, although I do think you have to pay a little bit extra for those.

Room Tip: The top floor has the suites, but they smell like smoke so beware. I'd recommend 7th floor and u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

First impressions this hotel is in need of a little updating however we had a fab time there is a small but perfectly formed restaurant the food is great and a good price the staff are very pleasant and helpful look out for Choclat on the reception she is the best by far, the pools are warm and very pleasant. The main area pier and shopping is half hour walk away but very nice.There is a Tiki Bar about 2 hotels down on the beach great food and drink,the staff arent bad either. We visited Daytona race track had to get a taxi here as there is no direct bus cost $40 but driver gave us coupons to get in cheaper, well worth the visit there are restaurants opposite we ate in Ruby Tuesdays food was great.There is also a $1 shop there picked up some bargains,

Room Tip: pay a bit extra for a sea facing room thats what daytona beach is all about!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel based on the price and the reviews, we were not disappointed! The room was exceptionally clean, the view was amazing and the staff were always courteous and willing to help, what more could you ask for. If you are visiting Daytona this is certainly the place to stay for the best value and service.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room and even though the ocean front would have been nice, you really don't...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trion, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My Husband & I just spent a week here. Everything about Tropical was AWESOME! Diane & Gwen make sure that you are satisfied with your room, they speak when they see you, & make sure that all your needs are met. We stayed on 7th floor oceanfront & view was breathtaking. The rates are very reasonable, it is very clean & neat, there is a small poolside café that's open until 2pm & the food is good & very reasonable. The pics you see are what you get! The pool area is large enough for about 50+ lounge chairs as well as about 5 round tables with umbrellas. There is a lift by the outside pool for anyone with a disability that would prevent them from otherwise getting in the pool. The hotel is close enough to all the "action" but yet far enough that you aren't bothered by the noise. This was our 1st stay here but it won't be our last! I can't say enough positive about Tropical Winds & it's staff! The only thing & it's not against Tropical but against the vendors that rent out the chairs, they are very pricey for the short time that you have them. You're better off to bring your own chairs, umbrellas etc. THANK YOU TROPICAL WINDS for helping making our vacation a very relaxing, nice one!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Casselberry, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband, 4 year old daughter, and myself stayed at this hotel from June 14th through June 16th. I called in advance to ensure they received our reservation through Bookit.com. The sweet woman who answered my call was having trouble getting into the system and offered to take my number and call me back. I was very hesitant and was hoping that this hiccup was not a sign of things to come. To my surprise she did indeed call me back promptly and was absolutely polite and professional. She made sure that we were on an upper floor and gave me information about upgrading from ocean view to ocean front. I am SO glad we decided to upgrade to ocean front.

We were able to check-in early in the morning and start our vacation on a great note. Check-in was very smooth and extremely fast. The woman at the front desk gave us all the information we needed and was so professional and polite. Upon getting to our room my husband and I were both blown away. It was SO clean and there was a very subtle flower smell that just made the room feel very homey. The view was absolutely AMAZING. The kitchen area was small but we didn't require much and I was glad that we not only had a stove top but an oven as well! The bathroom was spotless and very clean. The sheets were not only clean but smelled very fresh. While the beds were a little on the hard side we didn't mind because the sheets were so soft and clean.

Housekeeping was great on the 8th floor! She was super polite and always asked if we needed anything. There was a friendly smile every time we passed her. We had clean towels anytime we needed them. The odor people have complained about in the halls was not noticed, I thought everything on our floor was very clean and smelled fresh. I think some people do not request a non-smoking floor and therefore end up having the stale stinky smell.

Our first night of vacation my daughter started to run a high fever. It was almost 11pm and I went downstairs to find the nearest pharmacy. The woman at the front desk was SO polite and helpful. She went above and beyond for me and started to call around to find a pharmacy that was open. The staff really appreciates their guests!

The hotel is right near a lifeguard which was very nice. The outdoor pool was clean and warm. The indoor pool was not my first choice as there is very little deck area and more of the older wild kids were in there. It did come in handy when a storm rolled in on the beach and my daughter was still wanting to swim.

Check-out was very smooth and fast!

This hotel is very family friendly. It was so nice to see the same faces every morning on the beach and around the pool. Guests were always talking to each other and young families had their children playing together. My daughter had so many other children to play with. Everyone was so mellow and polite. I even met a family who spends roughly 51 days of their summer at this exact hotel!

We will be staying here again. I would suggest this hotel to any family looking for a quiet getaway. There is no driving on the beach in front of the hotel either which was very nice.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 8th floor, room 807. The pool view coupled with the oceanfront view was absolute...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in June 2013. It was our first trip to Florida so we can't compare the hotel to others in the area. We chose to stay at Tropical Winds because the reviews were generally positive and the price seemed reasonable. We weren't disappointed. Our room on the 3rd floor was nice a spacious. We really enjoyed the ocean view and we made good use of the balcony. It was nice having the two swimming pools and we used both. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't included, which was fine by us. We used the hotel cafe one morning. It was nice and cheap but the menu was a bit limited. One two mornings we went to Steve's Diner, just minutes up the road. They have a great $1.99 breakfast menu there. We don't really have any negatives except that on one night, the 11pm pool curfew didn't seem to be enforced as there were people in the pool making some noise. Apart from that, we were very happy with the hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: You usually pay more for an oceanfront room. I would say it's definitely worth it with this hot...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Check-in was easy and hassle free. Front desk was very nice. Breakfast in hotel was really tasty and great prices. Hotel was clean and quiet I got exactly what I asked for except I was under the impression I was getting a full kitchen but it didn't ruin my trip or rating of the hotel. A little down the beach from all the traffic on the beach and from the boardwalk makes the location even better.Overall it was fantastic. Definitely worth a try!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!