“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
orlando fl
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

this hotel has become our favorite "getaway place" on the worlds most famous beach.Outstanding staff and service,and consistently clean and updated rooms, all with great views.Nice quiet part of the beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been making an annual trip to Daytona for the last 6 years, this is the hotel I stay at every time. Prices are reasonable, off the boardwalk a little ways, cuts down on traffic and noise. Clean, friendly, and priced reasonably. Not alot of frills, but I know each stay will be relaxing. There is a decent restaurant which is priced cheaper than the almost every other place.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on upper floors, ocean front, with a room that has a kitchen.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Tropical Winds three times and all of my experiences have been very positive. The rooms are attractive containing a microwave and small fridge. The place is very clean and I have found the front desk attendents to be very nice and helpful. I have stayed in three different floors, and rooms and all were comfortable.
The pool and pool area is clean with beach access. It is a quiet atmosphere which is what I enjoy. I have seen several Spring Break college kids enjoying themselves but no rowdy parties.
THey have plenty of chairs and loungers to enjoy the sun and beach with.
Downstairs is a little cafe open from 7 to 2 serving breakfast and lunch. I have eaten both meals there and have no complaints. The hotel offers free wi-fi, towels for the pool. They also have an indoor pool that is kept clean.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. In all the hotels I have stayed in around the area while visiting, the tropical winds delivers quality every visit.

Room Tip: Ocean front is a must!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is an older hotel, as many of the hotels are on Daytona, but it is well maintained with helpful staff. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. It is directly on the beach and is located in north Daytona Beach which is quieter than down near the pier. The outside pool is heated to 84 but there is also an inside pool for use when it is cooler outside. There is also a small restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. My room also had a small kitchen with full stove and fridge so it was easy to eat in the room. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean side are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is phenomenal. It is in a fantastic location right on the beach. The rooms have great accommodations for all and at a great price too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great Florida vacation at an affordable cost. The best tip I could give would be to make your reservations early to lock in the lowest prices. I made my reservation in early March and got an amazing Oceanfront King room for 8 nights, only $811! Honestly the best vacation ever!

• Stayed July 2012
Tallahassee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of bike week. We are aware that hotels pricing skyrocket during racing weeks but we feel that this time we were really taken advantage off.
We booked our room through booking.com and with the added extra fee applied on site the cost of our 2 night stay was ridiculously high for the quality of the hotel. On top of this we discovered a sign outside the hotel which was promoting a 2 night deal but when we asked if it was possible to honor that rate (which was $200 cheaper overall) we were denied.
The hotel is a classical Daytona Beach style hotel. Good ocean front view but the room needs an update. Bathroom was very small and when asked for a disable room, we were told that the hotel does not offer any disable room.
The room was mostly quite considering the chaos outside because of the bikes and the beds were ok.
I don't see us returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I just left Tropical Winds in Daytona Beach with some friends on Spring Break. I cannot complain about the rooms or the cleaning service, both were great. However, the colored woman working the front desk was the complete opposite of hospitable. Upon arrival she treated us with disrespect, seemingly looking down on us just because we are college kids on Spring Break. We were nothing but kind and respectful, but this terribly dry version of Wanda Sykes would not let us have any fun. On several occasions we were scolded like school children for being "loud" in the indoor pool, which has the acoustics similar to an orchestra pit. Why offer an indoor pool if a dull roar carries out to the lobby? On an aside, the breakfast cafe was phenomenal, and the waitstaff was extremely friendly. Wanda could stand to brush up on her customer service skills, because she single handedly cost that fine establishment repeat customers. She is better suited working at the DMV. Please advise.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!