“Wonderful Weekend at Beach & Pool” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful Weekend at Beach & Pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Took my Granddaughters and Daughters for a mini weekend vacation. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the free breakfast was over the top! Only 1 vehicle per hotel room, they have an overflow parking lot across the street for $15 per day.

Room Tip: They are all Ocean Front - There is a corner section that could be cool to ask for.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I loved the hotel! Great free breakfast, BEAUFTIFUL modern updated rooms and decor, 24/7 Starbucks, food, and bar. I can't say enough about the friendly staff. They are GREAT! Defintely a great place to stay. Very clean. Red Lobster, DQ, Denny's, and senior taco right across the street!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Wayzata, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a clean new hotel with a great breakfast! We enjoyed the beautiful view of the ocean from our 7th floor room balcony. Long walks on the pristine beach and relaxing by the pool were our favorites. Bottled water and hand lotion would have been nice additions in the room. We would recommend the Early Bird dinner at the Chart House and lunch at Caribbean Jack's also. The Dunlawton Sugar Mill Botanical Garden in Port Orange is lovely for an excursion.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor room with an ocean view away from the elevator and the ice machine.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Sharon R - Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay here at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our Oceanfront guestroom with beautiful ocean views. We are glad to read that you and your traveler(s) enjoyed our pool and location in the Daytona area. We do hope to see you soon! Thank you for visiting!
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I want to start by saying we booked this 3-day get away with the intent of relaxing on the beach all day everyday. The weather, however, did not cooperate with our plans. This may have unfairly clouded (pun intended) my opinion of this hotel as they are not responsible for the weather. We drove into Daytona Beach at around 3pm, just as the sun was disappearing behind clouds and a very thick fog. Parking at the hotel was tight, but we did not have a problem finding a parking space. I read in a review before our trip to look for parking in the lot behind the hotel. Excellent tip. There were at least 2 cars driving in circles in front of the hotel looking for a space, but the rear parking lot had at least 20 spaces available. There is no rear entrance, so it was a little inconvenient to walk around the hotel in the rain with our luggage but my daughter and I managed to laugh about it, so, not a bad start to the trip.
There were 2 families ahead of us waiting to check–in, so we had to wait about 10 minutes with the staff apologizing and explaining it was the spring break crowd that had them backed up. Check-in was easy, they had a few extra rules/warnings about parking, breakfast, etc. that they reviewed and explained were due to the spring break crowd. Our room was on the 10th (top) floor at the end of a hallway farthest from the beach. The room was clean with lots of room to spread out and relax. This was important since we ended up spending a lot of time in our room due to the weather and the lack of indoor activities in the area. There was a brief period during our 3-day stay were the fog cleared and we could see that there was an excellent view of both the beach and the intercoastal. Due to the layout of the hotel, you can see the beach from every room, but the room on the side have a view of both the beach and the intercoastal.
The biggest annoyance of our stay was the elevators. There are only 2. They are in a high traffic area of the lobby. They are very, very slow. They are small. Every time we used them they stopped on every floor and were very crowded. There was always a line. There was a stairway across the hall from our room on the 10th floor, the ground floor door led you outside on the side of the building (no access to the lobby) and locked behind you. This would not have been a problem for me (I like taking the stairs) if it had not been raining. The choice was to suffer through a very crowded elevator ride with unhappy people who were waiting for the rain to clear out so they could get on with their vacation or take a walk in the downpour outside. The elevators were so bad, I found an umbrella in the car and choose 10 flights of stairs and wet shoes over that experience. Even when taking the luggage down to the car. However, since the door locked on the stairwell, I was forced to take the elevator when going up. Had it not been raining, I expect more people would have been on the beach and it would not have been quite so bad, but it was the dark spot of our vacation.
We made the best of being stuck in the hotel room by hooking the laptop up to the TV (not sure why I had an HDMI cable in my briefcase) and watching some movies on Netflix. We also have a tradition of bringing monopoly on our vacations. There was enough room to spread out and keep a gaming going throughout our stay near the balcony doors so we could watch for a break in the rain, but it was out of our way so we weren’t tripping over it.
There are a few restaurants and a couple of shops right across the street. If it had not been raining, everything we could possibly need for a beach vacation was visible from the front of the hotel and very easy to walk to. The back of the hotel had stairs that landed right on the sand. We did take a couple of walks on the beach in the rain. With better weather and without the Spring Break crowd this would probably be a good choice for a hotel in the Daytona Area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a good view, but try to get a room away from the elevators and on a lower floo...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Aimee A - Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront. I am very sorry that the weather was not the best it could have been! However, I am glad to read that your our guestrooms were large enough for you to relax in and carry on your tradition of Monopoly. Thank you for your feedback, it will be reviewed with our team here to see what we can do to solve some of these issues you experienced. We hope to see you soon, we'll save some sun for you!
Norton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week. We were a large group of 60 taveling, they had us checked in as we walked through the door. The manager on duty was at the desk throughout check-in to make sure it went smoothly. Our rooms were blocked together and they accommodated our large group very well. Rooms were clean and spacious - my group loved every minute there! The breakfast each morning included hot breakfast with lots of options! The grill and the cookies were a big hit as well. The hotel is steps away from the beach - and the pool is large with lots of seating. We enjoyed it so much and plan to stay there next year! Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Angela M - Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront. We are delighted to read that your check-in went as smooth as possible, and allowed the group to get in and settle quickly. From our complimentary AM Skillet offered each morning, to our Bakery Café, we are glad you enjoyed the amenities provided. We hope to see you next year, thank you!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was coming out bathroom and a metal panel fell of and hit me. After follow up with assistant GM he was not that helpful. Never got panel replaced. I was quickly offered a few drinks and a app. When asked about replacing to panel I was told that it got done. Well needless to say the panel never got put on and my family was stuck with a bathroom door that stayed open the whole time.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, yesterday
PiFF W- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here. I am sorry to hear of the issues you had during your stay. This is not normal for our hotel and I would love to have you back in to get the true experience.

If you are making your way back to Daytona, please reach out to me.

Andrew Wright
Director of Sales
386-944-2010 ext. 5106
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time to the Daytona Beach area and I spent a lot of time researching beachfront hotels in the Under $200/night price range. The Hyatt Place sounded like the perfect match. Upon arrival I was extremely satisfied with my choice. From the time I walked up to check in until the last step out the door the staff was exceptional! They greeted us each time we walked by the desk, they were very helpful in providing a local map and pointing out suggestions for restaurants and shopping, they answered all questions cheerfully and everyone seemed to really work well as a team. Excellent job to all the staff!!!

The room itself worked out quite well for us. There isn't an overabundance of space to keep large suitcases but we made it work. Also, the glass bathroom doors are a bit of a nuisance but nothing major. The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job each day. We were on the 7th floor with the ocean view and it was perfect! We had a great view!

The area that this hotel is located was ideal. It wasn't the busiest part of Daytona Beach and it was close enough to many of the sites and restaurants we wanted to see. Very easy driving to lots of places.

I plan to visit Daytona Beach again in the near future and I will definitely be looking at staying at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach Oceanfront again! Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Any ocean view room should offer a great view. We were on 7th floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
AmyA2001 - Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay here at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront. I am excited to share your review amongst our team here. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your guest room, with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean. We hope to see you here at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront soon! Thank you!!

Been to Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!