“Nice place in quiet area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront

You added Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3161 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly The Islander Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
TN
“Nice place in quiet area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great stay at the Hyatt. First time in Daytona, really glad for our choice, it is south of the more congested area of Daytona, more in Daytona Shores. All the rooms have a balcony which is nice. Free breakfast was good, rooms were clean. We even had a special request and Nicole at the front desk went to the trouble of accommodating us. Nice beach area, parking wasn't a problem for us. Only issue was the hotel hot tub evidently had too many chemicals in it because 3 in our party had the color taken from their suits after getting in it.
Enjoyed Portofino restaurant across the street as well.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was my first time in Daytona and we choose to stay at the Hyatt, due to all the great reviews, we found on-line. My boyfriend and I checked in around 6 pm and were greeted by Mike at the front desk who gave us a thorough over view of the hotel. We were on the 6th floor, room right by the ice machine (which did make a little noise) but that didn't matter because the room and view were spectacular. Our room was ocean view right smack dab in the middle of the hotel. The furnishings and flat screen TV (with USB/HDMI ports) were great as well as the amenities; towels, soaps, coffee etc. Breakfast was included in the rate; coffee, fruits, juices, cinnamon rolls, bagels etc. (nothing extravagant) but it definitely did the job. They also had a pool and hot tub (but seeing as I am from Miami, water was to cold for me in December), plenty of parking and walking distance to denny's, a taco shop, souvenir shop. Had a great experience, pay extra for the ocean view.. it is 100% worth it! Check out was done by Kate who was also very pleaseant!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From check in to check out, the hotel was great. The staff are great, the rooms are clean and well appointed, the breakfast is tasty and with a nice selection and variety. All of this and at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms, even those with partial views are a treat.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay in Hotels usually twice a month and this was by far the best experience I think I have ever had! EVERY EMPLOYEE in the hotel treated my girlfriend and I as if we were the most important guests in the world. I kid you not we were treated like VIP's which having my girlfriend along with me this trip just made me feel that much more great about sharing this experience with her. VERY important to me. The room and grounds were well maintained and the view from or balcony was excellent. I enjoyed my stay so much that i wish that I had taken down the names of each and every friendly employee that I came into contact with to publicly express my gratitude for a job well done! Customer service and hospitality can make or break any hotel stay and i only wish that other places out there would take notes from this hotel on how to treat their guests because I will go out of my way to return to this awesome establishment again very soon! 10 STARS!!! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime. This hotel has the friendliest people around. From the maintenance crew to the managers, everyone is extremely nice. It really made our stay special.

The hotel by itself is great too. The rooms are nice, the location is right on the beach, and the free breakfast is very good (not your typical bogus free breakfast).

I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 days ago
John G- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. We look forward to your return visit soon!
etters
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our family of five went to visit relatives over Thanksgiving. I have a 20, 18, and 13 year old. The hotel was very nice and clean. We had a room that comfortably slept us all. The view from our balcony was beautiful and it was only ocean view. My oldest one loved the gym and ran on the beach. My other two liked the pool and hot tub. It was convenient to many places and there was a free cooked breakfast every morning. The staff was very friendly also. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 week ago
whale9999- Thank you for taking time to share your experience while staying at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Its wonderful to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one! We look forward to your next trip to visit relatives and hosting you as our guest once again!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Before we get into our review of the Hyatt – we wanted to make a special note of the entire staff working at the hotel. From the staff at the front desk to the breakfast servers, the barkeepers and the housekeepers, all are extremely friendly – a great group of people. Special note to the front desk associate who assisted us during check-in and during our stay – thanks again for all your assistance – it is greatly appreciated.
This was our first stay at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront from November 23rd to November 25th. This is an excellent choice if you're looking for something a bit farther from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area – but a very short drive to all the action. The rooms are very clean and seem to be quite new - front desk indicated they went through a remodel in the past year including high end finishes throughout –including the bathroom. The bathroom was large, well-stocked, and immaculate. There is a single cup coffee-maker in the room and a nice supply of coffee and tea. Flat-screen TV, with excellent picture quality and fast WiFi compliment the rooms.
Although there are various branded restaurants within a short distance of the Hyatt – we enjoyed lunch at the Hyatt – Hamburger, salad and the must try tortilla soup – all were excellent. The complimentary breakfast served each morning was great – a selection of fresh fruit, cereals (hot and cold), wide variety of breads, juices, coffee , tea, and eggs served on a open face English muffin. Highest standard of food that I have found in hotels/motels offering complimentary breakfasts.
Overall - Very nice Hotel, very good location right on the beach with ocean view, pool and Jacuzzi, bar located at pool area, nice complimentary breakfast, very professional staff always willing to help and make sure everything is ok. The hotel is clean, elegant and perfect for business or vacation stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott B- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Thank you for all your kinds words not only about the hotel, but also for our staff as well. Our team prides themselves with doing everything possible to ensure that our guests have a great stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and hosting you as our guest again!

Been to Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!