The hotel itself was very nice. Clean room, great complimentary breakfast (although the lines can get very long, especially on the weekend), beautiful views (we had a beach front room). Our hotel room was very nice, with a good sized bathroom and comfortable beds. The room itself was a little smaller then other hotels I have stayed at, but then again, so was the hotel and the size did not impact our stay at all (even though we only stayed the night so after a few days it might feel a little cramped). The room was very clean and comfortable. The view, however, was the best part and I highly recommend paying the extra money to get a beach view room. The hotel is right on the beach, so when sitting on the balcony you had an excellent view of the ocean (I was able to see some porpoises swimming by, we were that close). The pool too is also very nice and right on the beach as well, so you have a nice view from the pool area. Very nice hotel, would recommend for a quick trip or a weekend. The only issue I had with the hotel was that the location was too far of a walk to the "boardwalk" area of Daytona Beach.
I was not that impressed with Daytona Beach, however. It reminded me a lot of the Jersey shore (which we travel to a lot), without the nice boardwalk and family atmosphere, but with cars on the beach and a few palm trees thrown in. The hotel itself was nice, but I was not that impressed with Daytona Beach. There really was not anywhere decent we could find for dinner and the "boardwalk" area was just a large indoor/outdoor mall with a movie theater, bars, and a few chain restaurants. Maybe we were missing something, but I would check out other beach towns in Florida before going back to Daytona.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront is a beautiful 10-story oceanfront hotel that offers 143 spacious rooms with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Ideally located minutes from the Daytona International Speedway and directly on the beach, this hotel has convenient access for families travelling to the Daytona Beach area with all the convenience of a Hyatt Place. Featuring an outdoor Pool Bar, with an incredible Ocean view, the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront will help you unwind after a day of business or travel. The spacious lobby area offers a great area to sit, chat and relax; or if you have business to take care of, you can do so at our 24 hour e-room equipped with Microsoft and Apple computers, available as a complimentary service to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Resort Daytona Beach Shores