“Great Area...Great Hotel for the Most Part” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront

You added Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3161 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly The Islander Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Park City, Kentucky
“Great Area...Great Hotel for the Most Part”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 6 nights in July. The hotel has the most wonderful smell as soon as you walk in the doors of the lobby. I am not sure what it was, but I wish I knew so I could buy some for my home! At check in our room was not ready. Over an hour after check in time our room was still not ready. We were told we could move to a different floor across from the ice machine...since we had driven so far and we were all tired of waiting in the lobby we took it (even though I had read the reviews about rooms near the ice machine).

The ice machine is loud and supposed to be on a timer, which for the most part it was not. However, the ice machine was not the biggest noise issue, just the normal traffic up and down the hall was the issue. This hotel is by far not a party hotel, so I am talking about just normal talking and hall noise could be heard inside our room and at all times of the night. They leave ear plugs on the night stand, so that is the first sign that you may not be in the most quiet room. The air conditioner is loud as well.

I am very picky when it comes to hotels, so some of the following issues would probably be overlooked by normal visitors. The room was very clean when we arrived. However, I did not think the housekeeping was to great during our stay. Our bathroom floor was never swept, our water glasses were never replaced with clean ones the entire 6 day stay, and you never knew when your room would be cleaned. Some days early, some days it would be late. The towel rack in the tub was rusted and paint was beginning to peel in the bathroom - which I realize is most likely to the humid beach weather. A table on the balcony would be nice as well as a microwave in the room. Wi-fi is not so great in the rooms and on the balcony it's even worse. Lobby areas and pool seemed to work better.

The breakfast was very tasty and had a lot of great choices. It does get crowded later in the morning but the staff works extremely hard keeping everything replenished and cleaned up. The pool area and deck area above the pool is fantastic!! Super nice to sit outside and enjoy the beach. Very easy access to the beach and you could not ask to be any closer to the sand!

This area of Daytona is by FAR the better area to be. It's a quite area with not much traffic on the beach and lots of families. We drove down to the boardwalk area and I was shocked at how run down and sketchy it was. I would not feel comfortable there after dark or many other places I saw around the main parts of Daytona. We usually drove into Port Orange for dinner since it seemed to be a nicer area and closer to the hotel. The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and area is super nice and beautiful and only a few miles from the hotel.

Overall, this is a nice hotel to stay at on the beach. It looked to be probably one of the better choices in the Daytona area and If I were to visit Daytona again, would consider The Hyatt Place for our stay.

Room Tip: Get an Ocean Front room, the view is beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
ALHDAH- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Thank you for the kind comments on the breakfast and the staff they will be passed along! I will discuss your housekeeping issues with the department, my sincere apologies!

Once again, thank you for being our valued guest. Come back and see us soon!

P.S.- That scent is called "Awake" and can only be found in Hyatt Place's!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
washington, d.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My college aged daughter and I recently took a short visit to FL and spent 2 nights at Daytona Beach Shores (much nicer than Daytona Beach!). We absolutely loved this hotel. It reminded me of the family vacations I took growing up, but in a more modern way. We were greeted nicely at check in and upgraded to oceanfront room. It was on the 3rd floor and while the elevators tend to get crowded and there is not an indoor staircase we saw, we usually managed fine. The breakfast area does get very crowded at peak times but they had a sign posted nearby recommending people get there before 8 to avoid a rush, which we tried to do. I was amazed that the beach was not crowded either and was beautiful and reminded me of the Gulf coast of FL. Usually the Atlantic is rough, dark and churning but this ocean was clear blue, calm and warm as bath water. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our days on the soft sand and bobbing along in the ocean. All in all, a great stay. Only slight complaint was our room was not cleaned until after we had come in from the beach (mid afternoon) so we had already cleaned and showered for the day using previous days towels, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
skinsfan1- Thank you for taking the time to share you and your daughter's recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad we were able to show you guys a great time! I am from the Gulf Coast and I am also amazed by the beach here, it is so clean and the water is great. I do apologize about the delay in housekeeping. I will follow up with them.

Please come back and see us again soon!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is right on the beach which was ideal for our family. It was so convenient to get to from the pool area. The standard queen room was large enough for our family of 5. The balcony overseeing the beach was a wonderful plus! The room was clean and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The staff throughout the hotel was very pleasant. The breakfast was also good with several different choices. That part of the beach is very quiet overall. Good place to stay with a family!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor which had a great view of the pool and beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Liana Y- Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am happy to hear you and the family enjoyed the visit! Thank you for the kind comments on the breakfast and staff, they will be shared fro sure!

Thank you for being our valued guests, we look forward to having the family in again soon!
FORT LAUDERDALE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for a short 3 nights. We wish we could have stayed longer:)
Check in was a breeze. The girls at the front desk, check in area, were wonderful. We were even upgraded to oceanfront due to our Hyatt credit card status. (Thank you). We asked for a low floor, which we got. We stayed on the 2nd floor. Next time, I would ask maybe for a 3rd floor because the balcony has a solid cement wall instead of a slotted balcony front. It would be great for people with pets or small children. I couldn't see over the wall to enjoy the view when I was sitting! My husband had no problem, just me LOL
The view from the oceanfront rooms is amazing. The sunrises were absolutely breathtaking every morning.
The room was very clean and was cleaned nice and early every day so we didn't have to wait for clean towels:)
We absolutely LOVE Hyatt beds. They are so comfy.
This particular hotel was converted into a Hyatt PLace and our room had a really weird (annoying) bathroom door. It was a glass sliding door and made a loud banging noise everytime it closed.
The included, hot breakfast buffet is definitely a great plus. There was scrambled eggs and sausage every day we were there along with another hot item such as French toast, pancakes or waffles. It also had fresh fruit ,bagels, toast and other various breakfast items. There was fresh coffee and juice every morning also.
There are only 2 elevators serving all 10 floors of the hotel so the wait for an elevator was sometimes a little long. We took the stairs occasionally but both staircases we found lead you outside!
We sat out by the pool one day for a couple hours which was nice. There is also a hot tub which seemed to be occupied by small children most of the time, so we didn't use it this trip.
There is a Red Lobster, a Denny's, a subway and a Taco Place across the street which was nice:) There is also a souvenir shop across the street in case you need anything!!!
We loved the Hyatt Place and all the employees who made our stay exceptional.
I would like to suggest to management, that a locked card access only door leading from the beach to the hotel pool area be installed. We watched people pull up in their vehicles on the beach and enter the Hyatt property utilizing the pool and restrooms, which I think should be for Hyatt Place guests only. But, that's just my opinion:)

Room Tip: Oceanfront is definitely worth the view!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MomWifeGrammie- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I thank you fro the kind comments on the staff, our wonderful beds and the breakfast.

Thank you for the suggestions on non-guests using the pool area. We are taking the issue seriously and looking at a few options to improve the guest experience.

Please come back and see us again soon!!
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Located in an end of the beach with not a lot going on. Hotel overrun with kids. Elevators very slow. about useless. Not as nice as other Hyatt Places. The beach is beautiful and its nice having a balcony.

Room Tip: Get a low floor because the elevators are abysmally slow, and as every room seems to have 10 kids in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosie B- I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I do apologize for the increased traffic in the hotel due to a city wide student group. I would like to have you in again soon so we can show you a true Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront Experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Andrew Wright
Director of Sales
386-944-2010 ext. 5106
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you dont have pets choose anything other than the 2nd floor. This was a weekend trip for my husband and I anniversary and I was truly impressed. The stay was very polite and friendly. The elevator is something that could be worked on since they only have 2. You will wait for one. We will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tee W- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary, thank you for choosing us as a host!

We look forward to hosting you both again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel is in the ideal location. We love this chain because we can fit our family of 5 comfortably in their standard queen room. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

This is definitely our place to stay in Daytona Beach!

• Stayed July 2014
AFOOTIE- Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad we were able to fit your family comfortably, those queen size pull out couches come in handy!

Thank you for the awesome comments on the staff and the hotel. We look forward to hosting you when you visit Daytona again!

Been to Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!