My family and I stayed here for 6 nights in July. The hotel has the most wonderful smell as soon as you walk in the doors of the lobby. I am not sure what it was, but I wish I knew so I could buy some for my home! At check in our room was not ready. Over an hour after check in time our room was still not ready. We were told we could move to a different floor across from the ice machine...since we had driven so far and we were all tired of waiting in the lobby we took it (even though I had read the reviews about rooms near the ice machine).
The ice machine is loud and supposed to be on a timer, which for the most part it was not. However, the ice machine was not the biggest noise issue, just the normal traffic up and down the hall was the issue. This hotel is by far not a party hotel, so I am talking about just normal talking and hall noise could be heard inside our room and at all times of the night. They leave ear plugs on the night stand, so that is the first sign that you may not be in the most quiet room. The air conditioner is loud as well.
I am very picky when it comes to hotels, so some of the following issues would probably be overlooked by normal visitors. The room was very clean when we arrived. However, I did not think the housekeeping was to great during our stay. Our bathroom floor was never swept, our water glasses were never replaced with clean ones the entire 6 day stay, and you never knew when your room would be cleaned. Some days early, some days it would be late. The towel rack in the tub was rusted and paint was beginning to peel in the bathroom - which I realize is most likely to the humid beach weather. A table on the balcony would be nice as well as a microwave in the room. Wi-fi is not so great in the rooms and on the balcony it's even worse. Lobby areas and pool seemed to work better.
The breakfast was very tasty and had a lot of great choices. It does get crowded later in the morning but the staff works extremely hard keeping everything replenished and cleaned up. The pool area and deck area above the pool is fantastic!! Super nice to sit outside and enjoy the beach. Very easy access to the beach and you could not ask to be any closer to the sand!
This area of Daytona is by FAR the better area to be. It's a quite area with not much traffic on the beach and lots of families. We drove down to the boardwalk area and I was shocked at how run down and sketchy it was. I would not feel comfortable there after dark or many other places I saw around the main parts of Daytona. We usually drove into Port Orange for dinner since it seemed to be a nicer area and closer to the hotel. The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and area is super nice and beautiful and only a few miles from the hotel.
Overall, this is a nice hotel to stay at on the beach. It looked to be probably one of the better choices in the Daytona area and If I were to visit Daytona again, would consider The Hyatt Place for our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront is a beautiful 10-story oceanfront hotel that offers 143 spacious rooms with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Ideally located minutes from the Daytona International Speedway and directly on the beach, this hotel has convenient access for families travelling to the Daytona Beach area with all the convenience of a Hyatt Place. Featuring an outdoor Pool Bar, with an incredible Ocean view, the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront will help you unwind after a day of business or travel. The spacious lobby area offers a great area to sit, chat and relax; or if you have business to take care of, you can do so at our 24 hour e-room equipped with Microsoft and Apple computers, available as a complimentary service to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Resort Daytona Beach Shores