“Nice oceanfront, hotel just ok” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3161 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly The Islander Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$25 Food & Bev Credit
Ranked #8 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Nice oceanfront, hotel just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Located in an end of the beach with not a lot going on. Hotel overrun with kids. Elevators very slow. about useless. Not as nice as other Hyatt Places. The beach is beautiful and its nice having a balcony.

Room Tip: Get a low floor because the elevators are abysmally slow, and as every room seems to have 10 kids in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you dont have pets choose anything other than the 2nd floor. This was a weekend trip for my husband and I anniversary and I was truly impressed. The stay was very polite and friendly. The elevator is something that could be worked on since they only have 2. You will wait for one. We will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is in the ideal location. We love this chain because we can fit our family of 5 comfortably in their standard queen room. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

This is definitely our place to stay in Daytona Beach!

• Stayed July 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff was terrific! The breakfast was the same each day except for Sunday.They added biscuits an gravy and took away the oatmeal. There is a bar open on Saturday outside but one inside daily...not the typical bar though. Very low key and quiet! We thoroughly enjoyed this new hotel. When you go though, request a room away from the elevator....about 6 rooms too close....have fun, it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I and my 3 children stayed and had the most wonderful time. Our first day was spent between the cool pool and sandy beach. The pool area was very clean and there was plenty of space for everyone and plenty of chairs. There were always clean towels available and the seating on the deck was a nice shady retreat when we were too hot and needed to cool down. Inside the lobby there is a lot of options where we could get cold drinks (kids style and adult style :-)) any time of day or evening. The kids had a few 20oz sodas and I a Bloody Mary... and I will tell you this, the Bloody Mary's are out of this world good... I highly recommend them! So after a long day in the sun we retired to our room, it was the two room suite, a beautiful room with the best view of both the pool and the ocean. I was very pleased with everything Hyatt Place had to offer. Our room was very clean, the bathroom was amazing... huge shower... the living-room area was amazing with two big screen flat screen tv's, a mini fridge and a pull out couch. I always seem to have a problem with a/c's in rooms, but this a/c kept us cold cold. So long story short the amenities and room were awesome!! The next morning after a very nice sleep we got up around 8 and went down to breakfast, This was a Saturday and they were serving Scrambled eggs and sausage with a wide variety of fruits, cereals, bagels, english muffins... it went on and on... Our favorite was the strawberry yogurt and cottage cheese. So good and they offered that daily.. so another plus as well. Other days they served sandwiches with ham and cheese and egg, Very good also. On our 3rd day our fridge did seem to be running a bit hot, so we called down to the desk and they had a maintenance man up within 15 minutes, his name was Alex and he had it running good in no time, he was very nice and polite. All of the staff we ran in too were like that, very nice and always with smiles on their faces. It felt like home and me and the kids were absolutely having the time of our lives. So lastly I would just like to say that our trip was wonderful, kid friendly and beautiful, we all had such a great time and can't wait to go back. We did meet the GM on the last day before we had to pack up our stuff. Don was a pleasure to speak with and I couldn't help but tell him how wonderful his property was and that I couldn't wait to return. Thank you Don and team, Your awesome!!!

Stevie

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is amazing! The staff was superb: Mike, Sean, Kate, etc. Very clean and comfortable. Right on the beach. Have your own balcony with chairs! Great hot breakfast every morning. Also, very reasonably priced. A few "little" things that are annoying, 1. parking is atrocious! (NOT their fault, I know, but it's horribly packed in; must park across the street at gift shop); 2. generally, no microwaves in rooms; can use the one in the lobby; 3. refrigerators "barely" keep your food cool (don't put dairy in there); 4. sink vanity in bathroom has got to be 3 ft away from the mirror, so you can't lean over the sink to put in your contacts/makeup, whatever. Must walk around to the side of the sink to look in the mirror; 5. faucet heads in sink are placed too far back, even washing your hands gets water everywhere; 6. The water never gets COLD in the sink! I like having cold water from the sink, but it never got cold for some reason! BUT, these are picky things and I would not hesitate to stay there again! Thank you for a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Cyndy4- Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I appreciate the great comments on the hotel and especially the staff. I will make sure to recognize Mike, Sean and Kate. I do apologize fro the issues experienced during your stay. I will make sure to discuss these items with my General Manager for improvement.

Once again, thank you for being our valued guest. We take great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their stay. Come see us again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I have had the privilege at staying at some fantastic beach hotels, including Ritz Carltons. While the Hyatt is certainly no where near that level, they do seem to take pride in service and cleanliness.

First of we arrived at around 9am. As you know most hotel check in times are at 4pm or later. They got us into a room right away. Nice. The room itself was modern and clean. We had a great view of the ocean on one side and beautiful view of the inlet on the other.

This is an older hotel that the Hyatt updated. It looks really nice from the lobby to the eating area in the back. The pool itself still looks and feels a bit dated to me, but honestly the beach is where it's at.

They give a free breakfast every morning, but it's pretty average in my opinion. If you're on a healthy eating diet (e.g. Paleo, etc) you might find it hard to find something you like. The eggs cooked there were a bit odd looking and tasting.

Daytona is not know for it's 5 star hotels so it's difficult for me to give a 5 star rating here. That said my family really enjoyed their stay and would absolutely come back here again.

Lastly, if you're a tennis player there is a fantastic little public tennis center right up the street about 2 blocks (North A1A) called Ocean's Racket club. They have hard and clay courts for about $8.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a beach view room. It makes the stay so much more enjoyable.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seann G- Thank you fro taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Thank you for pointing out the cleanliness and service you encountered here. Believe me, we take extreme pride in these aspects.

We do feature a good amount of healthy options with our complimentary breakfast including low fat yogurt, whole wheat breads, cut fruit and fresh fruit and 8 different cereal options. I will make sure to discuss your comments on the eggs with the kitchen staff.

Thank you once again for being our guest, we look forward to having the family back soon!

Been to Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!