“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront

Booking.com Orbitz.com
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3161 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly The Islander Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$25 Food & Bev Credit
Ranked #9 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kissimmee, Florida
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We found the room to be very comfortable and clean. Having stayed at other hotels on the beach this is the cleanest one we stayed at and having the kitchen was a plus and a surprise..I just wish we had more than one night to really enjoy it,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I decided to escape the NYC cold and drive down to FL. We made a couple of stops along the way but decided to stay for 5 days in Daytona Beach. I couldn’t be happier with choosing this hotel. It’s a great family oriented place, and even thought we didn’t have any children they did not bother us at all. The staff is amazingly friendly and always willing to help you. Amy always kept our room spotless. The rooms were extremely clean and beds are amazing. We had a couple of rainy days and everyone just made the best of it. The pool was warm and clean. The hot tub was amazing on those cloudy days and the beach was just a few steps away. The only thing I don’t recommend is their menu which seemed microwaved food, but their breakfast was amazing. That didn't bother us because we went out to eat or just ordered in. You can also carry your cocktails around without any problem. Room service and spa received a low rating because it was not available. We had a well-rested experience here and will definitely go back. I actually miss it already! (-:

Room Tip: choose a room with both views of the ocean and the river.
Green Features: This place was always spotless and kept up through out the day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had an overwhelming personal family event prior to my arrival at the hotel. This event required me to engage with the hotel management and staff of Hyatt Place Daytona Beach Oceanfront to adjust my reservation. I am fully aware that the Hyatt has a strict cancellation policy that does not permit refunds. Despite this very reasonable term of agreement, the management staff was able to accommodate me during an overwhelming situation. I am particularly grateful to Mr. Andrew Wright, Ashley McLean, and Mr. Don Terziess. These individuals were very professional, and displayed the ability for a hotel to truly be a home away from home. Because of this act of compassion I am deeply indebted to you all. Be assured that whenever I have the need to book a hotel, I will always choose a Hyatt! I especially look forward to enjoying my planned upcoming trip to Daytona Beach. It would be an honor and pleasure to personally thank you all for being the understanding and beautiful staff that you are.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Amelia Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Convenient for our conference. Right on the beautiful well maintained beach. Pool. Parking an issue. Hotel full and not enough places. Like the modern clean decor. No chairs on balcony which seemed odd.

Room Tip: Be sure you have room facing ocean as high as possible. Insure you have a parking spot.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Me and my new wife checked in for our honeymoon in april. We had four days put aside to enjoy our honeymoon. Well two days in my wife had to go to the hospital to have a baby. Now remind you this was a early delivery at 33 weeks. So we told the attend that we need to leave and she said you refund is processed for the last two days you did not stay that you have already played for. We call a week later figuring it would give them enough time to refund monies. We call hotels.com because that is who we booked from and they said that the hotel has not authorized a refund. So he call hyatt and the manager told him they would not refund the money. So I ask him what now he said you would have to call. So I call right them to the manager and went to voice mail. He has not called back in two days all most three. Remind you this was a u nforcine medical issue. My son is still nicu but alright. I will not ever use hotel. Com or hyatt again. I'm looking into ways to get my money back.

• Stayed April 2014
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Hyatt place in Daytona on March 29, 2014 for 6 nights....the rooms were great, the buffet satisfied our teenagers appetites, our beach front room had a gorgeous view and the pool was perfect. The location is just right..close to Ponce inlet and just far enough from downtown Daytona to feel safe. The staff was awesome and friendly..... I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Oceanfront Daytona Beach, FL on March 31 for 5 days. I was surprised how nice and clean the hotel and grounds were considering it was Daytona Beach - which I had previously found to be a bit "rough around the edges". The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the hotel was immaculate inside and out. The breakfast was plentiful, however, this particular Hyatt could take a cue from "cruise-ship style dining" by providing two buffet type lines instead of the one line that moved so slow that it backed up out into the reception area every morning. After placing eggs or waffle on my plate, by the time I was able to move forward to the beverage area then to my table to sit, all of my food was cold. The only other annoyance was the lack of lounge chairs at the pool. It seemed as though there were only 25+ chairs for 300+ guests, and they were taken or reserved by 9:30AM each morning. And with the unobstructed, beautiful view from the pool overlooking the ocean (and adjacent to the hot tub) it's no wonder the pool deck was packed. Did I mention the pool was heated? It was nice since the outside temp ranged from 60-73 degrees each day while we were there. The elevators were packed each morning during the breakfast rush - would be helpful to have another bank of elevators but I doubt that will happen to ease the situation. The beds were very comfortable and we were given extra pillows upon request. The extra space in the form of a sofa/ottoman provided a nice little sitting area from which to gaze at the ocean or simply read a book. The bathroom was very clean and modern - I loved the transparent glass door that allowed extra light to flow into the bathroom, as well as the chic sink and granite countertop. I have friends that live in Ormond Beach which we visit annually. We will absolutely stay at this Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront again during our next visit!

Room Tip: We had a double queen room with separate sitting area. It was basically in the center of the buildi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!