“Ocean Waters Spa” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Owenton, Kentucky
“Ocean Waters Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

What an excellent experience we had that the Ocean Waters Spa at the Plaza Resort. The staff was very accommodating and made us feel very special...Pam and Claudine rocked our massages and Lisa S, the receptionist made sure all our details were taken care of once we arrived. I would highly suggest this spa to everyone!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
David H S, Director of Rooms at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Kim C:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Ocean Waters Spa, at the Plaza Resort and Spa.
We appreciate you informing the trip advisor community of the excellent service provided by our Associates.

Please share with your family and friends your experience at our Spa and invite them to visit Daytona's largest full service spa, at our Plaza Resort and Spa.
Kim we will share your comments with our Spa Associates and thank them for the excellent customer service they provide.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Little Mountain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Good- clean rooms and wonderful outdoor game area. Bed was comfortable. walking distance to eateries.
Bad- Rooms are aging and show signs of water damage. Pigeons were on the balconies and would not stay gone.
Ugly- Rude front desk associates and demolition to the hotel next door.

Good Morning BJ:

Thank you for informing us and the trip advisor community about your recent stay at our resort.
Although our resort has been in the Daytona market place for many years, we hear from our past guests that their stay was excellent.

Thanks for your business and have an excellent day.

Owensboro, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. However, they had a large group of younger kids there at the time and only three elevators. We had to wait to get to our room because of the large group. Our door to our room would not shut properly and was a great concern.

Good Morning Kim H:

Thanks for your review on trip advisor.
My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the wait time for our elevators.

We appreciate your business and are pleased that your overall stay was
excellent.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

At first, front desk lady was not nice or helpful. But thankfully, I walked over to another gentleman named Terrell. He is a god send! If it were not for him, I would have been miserable upon check in and would have had a bad taste in my mouth from the start! Trip was wonderful, pool is nice. Elevators are a Looong wait.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Good Morning Miki1pom:

Thank you for your trip advisor review.
We appreciate you taking the time to inform us and the trip advisor community of your excellent stay.

Your business is appreciated Miki1pom.

Looking forward to your return stay.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I liked room 1010. The balcony was perfect. The room was clean. Wifi. Nice plasma TV. Coffee pot, micro and minifridge. The restaurant is awesome. Food was great. Service from staff was flawless. Lobby is magnificent. The property is from the 1920s when Henry Flagler was building the railroad. It ended, for a time, in Daytona. The pool is gorgeous. Access to beach easy and secure. No driving on this part of beach. Parking is free and attached to the south side of the building. Bar and bartender were super fun. I will be back.

Room Tip: Southside, direct ocean front (pricier) or one of the 10s (910, 1010, higher floors better), which i...
Green Features: They are green. I was impressed. Appliances and practices are energy saving and/or sustainable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Good Morning Just a beachgal:

Thank you for the excellent trip advisor review
We appreciate you taking the time to inform the trip advisor community of your excellent experience and the accurate details of our historic resort.

Your business is appreciated and we look forward to your return stay.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My children and I just had a wonderful stay at the Plaza. We were there with several other families, all on the same floor. Great staff, location and very comfy beds. Management and employees were awesome!

Good Morning Lisam3:

We appreciate your trip advisor review of our resort.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for your week-end get away.

As your hotel of choice in the Daytona Beach area, we look forward to many weekends get a way.

St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was staying at the Plaza for the first time as a reunion with a fairly large group of friends. They had used this hotel before and had nothing but good things to say about it. I checked in and to my surprise, the room that they gave me had one king bed. It was supposed to have two queens, as I was rooming with a friend of mine. I called down and they said they had made a mistake but there were no rooms available on the fourth and fifth floor (the floors our group had reserved) with two beds. My friend and I are two single woman who are not used to sleeping in a bed with someone else. She made the reservations months ago. This was very annoying. On Friday, we left the room to go down to the pool/beach and I called housekeeping to ask them to clean the room. We came back at six o'clock and the room had not been touched. I called down and at least managed to get some clean towels. On Saturday morning I was at the fitness center working out and my friend texted me to tell me they were moving us to another room on the fourth floor. I asked why and she said they wanted to keep our group all together at one part of the floor. I asked if we had two beds now and she said no. So why can't we stay where we are, since we are unpacked, etc.? She didn't know but we couldn't, we had to move. Now I wanted some answers. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager on duty. A young man named Jeremy came out and we sat down whilst I asked him what was going on. He said that our group's contract required us all to be together and that was why we were being moved. I responded that they didn't seem to mind violating the contract Friday night, since we were not all together then. I then asked him what he intended to do about the situation. I felt that comping us a night for the inconvenience would be fair. He replied that the lady in charge of booking our group had received free drink coupons and this should be sufficient. Really? I then told him that I had never had such bad customer service in a hotel and I would be writing a review for Trip Advisor to let people know about it. When I got back to the (new) room, to my delight, I discovered it was smaller and had a nice view of the Walgreens on the main drag of Daytona. No more beach view and no more balcony. At this point, the phone rang and it was Jeremy. He told me that he had looked up our reservation (probably to check my story) and saw that we had requested two beds, so he was now willing to discount our last night there 50%. I then asked him why we were in a room with no view since my room mate had talked to the housekeeper and she told her we were being moved to a room with a nicer view, to which my friend replied that she didn't care about the view as long as the room had two beds. Jeremy then told me that my friend had said she didn't care about the view. I corrected him and told him what the full sentence was, to which he placed me on hold and then came back and said that room was now gone and there were no more available. Fabulous. I mentioned to my friend that the room seemed very hot, so we went down to the pool and when we came back two hours later, it was even hotter. We called the front desk and to their credit, a maintenance man came within five minutes. The whole AC unit had to be replaced. Just the cherry on top of the cake.

So, for this weekend trip that I had looked forward to for almost a year, I spent it sleep deprived and grouchy. My friend got ZERO sleep because I snore and I got very little because I was trying not to move in the bed and disturb her. Eventually I would become exhausted and fall asleep and snore, so she was exhausted. I later found out from other friends that they were moved to THREE different rooms.

The hotel itself was very nice, the restaurant was great but I could never in good conscience, recommend it to anyone. I have never in my life had such poor customer service.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Ever.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Good Morning Donna M.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort.
My sincere apologies that we failed in delivering the excellent guests experiences that our resort has become known for.

The opportunities you mentioned in your survey will be shared with our associates in our efforts to focus on our guest experiences.
Have an excellent day and we look forward to having an opportunity in providing an excellent guest experience in the future.

Director of Rooms

Been to Plaza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!