“Upper class hotel for a great price.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Upper class hotel for a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am a housekeeping manager in the Orlando area and was very pleased with my stay. Its an older hotel with great upkeep. Our room had a nice big flat screen and in general your two beds, bath, etc. One plus was the fridge and microwave.
Pool was right on beach. Location fantastic. Lobby gorgeous. Every staff I had talked with front desk and maintenance were great. I can't wait to save money and come here again!

• Stayed May 2013
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear pguz1174,

Thank you for the complimentary review. It is especially gratifying knowing that is came from someone in our industry who knows good housekeeping. I hope that you will return soon and take a well deserved break.

Bob Van Bergen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I saw a lot of the negative reviews of this place and was worried about our upcoming trip. Was very glad the construction was over. We arrived a day early and was "just checking it out" and looking around. My wife does not like elevators and was a little concerned of the small elevators. We found some rooms that were on the second level which is the same as the lobby and inquired about the availability. Unfortunately they were all ready booked but the helpful clerk ( I think his name was Richard) offered us to look at a room on the third level easily accessed with stairs. We went to the room and fell in love with the view. He allowed us to reserve it. We arrived the next day and found out the room was empty and they allowed us to check in at 10:30. What a treat. The next 3 nights and 4 days was one of the best mini vacations we have had in a long time. The resort pool was great, beach was perfect and we happened to hit wall to wall sunshine with low humidity. We never even got back into our car because we walked everywhere. Everything is very close with shops, restaurants and bar galore. The only thing I would do different is put some cabanas up by the pool with TV's and mini fridges. We would of be happy to rent these for MONEY. We will be going back later this year.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a Ocean Front room, Go for the 05-09 on each of the floors.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Decided to add two days in Daytona to our trip after a recommendation from a friend and soooooo happy we did! Keep in mind this is an aged hotel with old world charm. It's not the Ritz, but I certainly had no complaints. The pool and grounds were well maintained and I felt perfectly safe. Our spacious room on the 3rd floor was very clean and updated. Could have used more counter space in the bathroom, but we put our make-up on @ the dining room table. Not bothered in the least by construction, had breakfast on the balcony w/out complaint. Great location, we walked everywhere. But, the real treasure here is the staff. Everyone made us feel right @ home and took great care of us. Especially Juan, with his smiling face and exceptional enthusiasm! He lugged all of our 100 bags up to the room, showed us where everything was located, adjusted the a/c, answered 1000 questions and without whom we would never had known where to eat, drink, shop and party!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Christy_in_Florida,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really enjoy hearing about our many outstanding associates like Juan, the bellman. He does a great job and I am glad that you were so complimentary about his service. We are continuing to make a number of improvements to our beautiful hotel and do hope that you will return soon!

Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Needed a impromptu room on short notice and was recommended by a friend . to me this place was nicer than the Hilton just down the road. When you first pull up, the entrance is even more opulent. The rooms were very clean and on the floor above me they were doing work and I NEVER heard a sound.The decor was updated and never smelled mold or "hotel oldness" I call it which is almost always there with beachfront resorts. has everything you need there but close to a couple of fine restaurants (the oyster pub and Sapporos Japanese steakhouse) I did not use all the services (there is a plethora) but I was still duly impressed. I will be coming back....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Scott G.,
Thanks for the very complimentary review. Your comments on cleanliness, appearance, and first impressions are very much appreciated. I will be sure to pass them along to all of our staff. I hope that you the opportunity to return to Daytona Beach soon and if you do that you will once again chose to stay at the Plaza Resort and Spa.

Waimea, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

To start, we did not stay at this hotel. I read reviews of this particular hotel, and it was billed as the top resort in Daytona. We stopped there this past weekend to check it out and I'm so glad we did because I would have been sorely disappointed had I booked a room.

This is not a resort, at least, it does not deserve to be in "resort" category. My generous rating would be a 3 star property. The carpets are dingy, paint peeling, industrial fans in the hallways from water damage ... the list goes on and on. It was a nice place to stop and have a drink, while looking at the ocean from their bar deck. But, that's about it.

The spa menu has reasonable pricing, but I would not feel comfortable booking a spa appointment at a facility I do not feel comfortable staying.

The only reason I'm rating as average instead of poor is because the staff. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful! We asked for directions around the property, and each staff member responded with enthusiasm, and courtesy. The bartender, Jon, was hospitable and informative. Kudos to the staff of Plaza Resort & Spa.

If only my cell phone battery had not died, I would have posted the pictures I wanted to take of the inconsistencies we saw - and we weren't even guests. Choose another "resort" when booking. Save yourself money and raunchiness, go to Ormond Beach or New Smyrna Beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Jackpot82,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visist to our property. We recently had some very hard rains which resulted in some water intrusion. Those leaks and teh resulting damage are in teh process of being repaired. I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. They are a great group of hospitality professionals. Please come back and stay with us and experience an over night stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for memorial weekend! Through all the busy crowds, I have to say, checkin was so easy & the rooms are nice. A big king size bed with pull out couch. Nice up to date decor good size balcony & we ask for extra towels and they were quick for such a large place. Even got a late check out of 12:00, no charge. Will stay again!!

• Stayed May 2013
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear lovetovacay82,

Thanks for your great review. All of our staff are very excited to read positive reviews. We believe we have a one of a kind product here in Daytona Beach. Our location mixed with our outstanding staff and beautiful building make for a truly great experience.

Come back soon!

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My second stay at Plaza Hotel and Spa lived up to and surpassed my first stay a month ago. Amenities abound in this grand historic hotel . Built around 1910 it combines the grandeur of old with the modern due to rennovation and recent updates. Service was supurb from check-in to security. The onsite restaurant, Magnolia's, had a lovely setting and good food at a nice price. The indoor bar was charming with warm wood and lounging areas; still feeling comfortable and casual. Outdoors is a pool and pool bar. The beach, of course, is great. The location of the hotel permits you to take a short beach walk to the pier and boardwalk area. Next visit I plan to use the spa and treat myself even more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Gayle23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is truly amonst the best in Daytona and our lounge and restaurant are very comfortable. I hope that you will return soon and indulge in our incredible spa.

Bob Van Bergen

Been to Plaza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!