“Better options out there, beware” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 2 Nights Save 15%
Ranked #36 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Columbus
“Better options out there, beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

I researched my vacation through tripadvisor and saw this place is ranked pretty high and is not terribly expensive.I had spent a good deal of money on the first 5 nights in Daytona on a nice hotel and wanted to save a few bucks for the final 2 nights, so I choose this place.

Let me start off by saying its right on the beach, and there is a Winn Dixie grocery right across the street. (I prefer the Publix right down the road). Which is nice

But the room I had was an
absolute dump, I stayed in the rooms overlooking the indoor pools. I've read other reviews that described renovated rooms, NOT this one. The room stunk, my neighbors were incredibly loud and the air conditioner blew either extemely cold leaving the room an ice box or extremley warm, no in between. And the staff in my opinion seemed very rude and clear they hated their jobs.

Stay clear of this place, if you have small kids and are on a budget it may be worth it, but if your younger couples STAY AWAY, there are many other options on the shoreline that our much cheaper, learn from my mistakes.

• Liked — close to the beach
  • Disliked — the room was a dump and stunk
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Havana, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2008

Nice Family Friendly Place. The staff went out of there way to be helpful and friendly.

Great beachfront. It was fun to hang out on a grass landscaped area and walk down to the sand rather than spending all day on the sand. Tiki bar was important to us as were the lunches that they delivered to us at our shuffelboard courtside table every day.

Average room accomodations ( we were in the older section)

complimentry doughnuts every morning were fun.

THE SHUTTLE LAUNCH WAS AWESOME !!! < no doubt planned just for our visit ;) >

• Liked — easy to hang out at the beach
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

This was our first time to Daytona Beach and a friend recommended this hotel on the ocean. Checked out other reviews and decided to make a reservation. The check-in was smooth- very friendly and professional and we got exactly the room we reserved over the internet that was located in their south tower. It was beautifully decorated and had a balcony facing the ocean. Internet connection was great. It had outside and inside pools, and easy access to the beach. It's a mile or so from the Main St. pier, but not far from the Crabby Joe's pier. Beds were extremely comfortable. You could even see the ocean view from the bathroom! I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Great view of the beach and comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Not many restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando,FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

Well, I should preface by saying that the room we stayed in was not one of the ocean front rooms which are renovated and more up to date...we stayed in a room facing the indoor pool/atrium. Our room while clean is not 3 star, its more like 2 or 2.5 star. Its out of date. When we first walked into the room, I immediately felt a sense of regret. We could have upgraded for a fee but just decided to just stay in the same room. I did get the opportunity to look into the ocean front rooms...they are much nicer. The north tower rooms have flat panel tvs and are bigger than the south tower rooms but otherwise both towers are equally up to date and clean. The front exterior of the hotel, hallways, and atrium area are all dated although maintained and clean- I would say they appear more like a 2 star hotel. On the other hand, the outdoor pool areas and the ocean front rooms deserve the hotel's 3 star rating. So, I would say if you are used to 3 or 4 star hotels/resorts and/or your home is up to date and you are used to that kind of environment, be sure that you choose an oceanfront room or else you wont be happy at this hotel.
The good: ocean front rooms are up to date, outdoor pool areas very nice, Winn Dixie across the street, my kids liked the indoor pool, family atmosphere, if you're in to donuts they have free ones in the morning along with coffee and OJ, they have lots of friendly warm staff- all employees were great, there was plenty of sunning chairs on the grass and pool areas,
The bad: no coffee in the room (I had a kitchen with utensils, a coffee pot, etc but no coffee), atrium rooms are out of date, hotel is out of date other than the ocean front rooms and outdoor pools, the fitness room is scary looking, the pool towels (located only in the indoor pool area by the way)are so small!! they are like hand towels and are rough, each person had to take 2 towels to dry off and the garbage can filled with new towels kept running out of towels.
I think if I had stayed in an oceanfront room this review would be different. But then again I would have payed alot more so I dont know if I would have felt it was worth it.

• Liked — laying out by the outdoor pool listening to the ocean waves
  • Disliked — my dated room was a bummer...not what I'm used to.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bowmanville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

My whole family (12) of us stayed in 4 rooms. 3 joined together so it felt like a huge suite. This was an excellent family resort. It is getting a bit dated, and seems to be a little pricey, but all in all it was a good time.

• Liked — Indoor Pool
  • Disliked — Dated
  • Stayed December 2006
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

The rooms and property were very clean. The staff was very pleasant and helpful! The only thing is if you have asthma or are sensitive to strong smells then you need to ask that they not spray the orange deoderizer! They were very helpful and brought in a room ionizer to clean the air since my child has asthma and it worked wonderful! We loved staying and we will stay again next time!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seymour, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

Have been coming to Perry's for 18 years & sad to say I think this place of so many great memories is fading. We were just here in June 2007 & the same rooms are a touch dingy, dirty & have a feeling of a general decline. The last few years we have witnessed large groups of mulitiple families(floridians that bring every thing but their own kitchen sinks) packing into the rooms& partying like their on spring break - you can definately see the results in the rooms. Also, there are too many people wandering up from the beach hanging out using the facilities etc & I did not feel as safe as once before. I hope that the new management can get a grip on things as my family is actively looking for the new place for the next generation of memories...

• Liked — Layout
  • Disliked — general decline
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Perry's Ocean Edge Resort? Share your experiences!