“Good Location.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Decatur TN
“Good Location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had ocean front room, access to the beach was good, grounds are well kept, renovations are being made, our room was comfortable, front door was hard to close without slamming and bathroom sink was slow draining. Staff were friendly and polite, breakfast consists of donuts,coffee and orange juice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We came to town to visit my wifes family and called the hotel for rates. We were surprised that the rates were very reasonable for being a weekend. We got a room with 2 beds that was waterfront for $100. We thought that was a good price and we got to walk on the beach. They doing renovations on the place to get updated. When we got there on a Saturday the tiki bar was closed. But we went next door and got a drink. Alot of places within walking distance to include a grocery store where you can buy food and cook in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was an okay property - nothing special - nothing overly upsetting happened to us - but we will not be returning. We go to Daytona Beach every year for the Rolex 24. Our usual property was unavailable and we decided to try somewhere new. Here are my thoughts on Perry's:

Pros

* Large, spacious room which was clean
* We had an oceanfront room - really nice view off the balcony of beach and pool
* I liked that there was a separate eat-in kitchen with 2 big windows (would have been nice if they could be opened), full size fridge, stove with oven, micro, toaster, coffee maker, and a good selection of dinnerware, flatware, kitchen utensils, and some pots and pans.
* I like to cook breakfast, and make food for the races. There is a Winn Dixie right across the street.
* Nice big flatscreen TV
* Fantastic water pressure in the shower

Cons

* Old, dated property. Even tho it's been renovated, it still shows its age
* I'm accustomed to an "across the door" dead bolt inside the room to prevent housekeeping from entering when we are still in the room. There was none. There was a dead bolt of sorts, but not a very secure feeling when sleeping, etc.
* Not enough parking spaces, and the parking lot is small and tight - not very easy to maneuver around. One night the office told us to park across the street along the side of a building, and just put our parking decal on the dash. Well when you have to cross 4 lanes of traffic to go back and forth with bags, groceries, etc., it becomes less than pleasing and sometimes dangerous
* We did encounter a drunk crying woman, smoking, crouching and cussing at the elevator one night
* The bathroom was extremely small. Only 1 person could fit in it at a time, and actually felt like the size of those public bathrooms where you had to step in, and shift around so you could close the door. Every time you came in or out, the door would crush and move the little towel rug on the floor. Once I decided to just pee with the door open and as soon as I sat down on the toilet, the door handle banged me in the shoulder......that's how small this bathroom was.
* The coffee maker did not work, and in all fairness I did not call them to report it and get a replacement - I just boiled water on the stovetop in a saucepan. I take my own instant coffee so that was fine.
* They provided 3 pans - a soup pot, and 2 different saucepans...........NO frying pan. This made cooking bacon, eggs, italian sausages very challenging. Again, in all fairness I did not call to ask about a frying pan, and on check out we learned that they do NOT provided frying pans anyway.
* The free WiFi did not work for the 3 days that we were there.

I cannot comment on the outdoor pools, indoor heated pool, tiki bar, gift shop, or any other part of the property - I did not utilize them.

Also, upon checkout, we did air our feedback on the WiFi, the frying pan, and the coffee maker. They gave us a $20 per night plus tax refund on our bill..............thankful for that!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I checked in Friday January 25th after booking this 3 star???? Property on Hotwire. I walked out 45 minutes later willing to forfeit my money just to go somewhere else (we moved our 2 rooms next door to the Best Western and LOVED it!!) Let's see I will start with the fact that I emailed them to let them know that my husband is wheelchair bound do to leg amputation and that we would need a handicap room. They responded and said they could not guarantee but would try accommodate.... What they did not tell me was that NO ROOM IS EASY TO GET TO when you are in a wheelchair. We were traveling with our 4 month old daughter and I had to push a 300lb man in a wheelchair up steep ramps with her in a carrier. Then we get to the room (as we were walking around the pool area to out room we noticed that one of the rooms is decorated like someone’s home.... people live there????) and room 1 (#26) is DIRTY and looks like it dates back to the 70's. Room 2 (27) has a hole in the ceiling from which a piece of paper is popping in and out of the room..... Needless to say we grabbed the laptop and quickly found somewhere else to spend out 3 nights.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from the CHEAP ROOMS in this place. The pics on the web are real and there is a beautiful...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Perry's last summer for 5 days. Although some parts have an expired look, you have to look through it. The hotel has recently changed management and is visible busy with renovations and improvements. Rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel has 2 swimmingpools and a small pool for children. More play areas for small children would be an added value for a family hotel as this. Although no breakfast is served you can get free donuts and coffee every morning. A better and healthier alternative is to pick up breakfast at the nearby Publix supermarket. The location of the hotel on the beach, the very friendly staff and good price / quality ratio make this hotel a must for young families.

Room Tip: ask for a room with ocean view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jaipur, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here before and had a great time. It was beautiful.

But this time the room I booked wasn't available when I got into town. I booked a certain room a month in advance. Paid for it in full and called in the morning to confirm my reservation. At check in, two very under-trained (I'm being nice here) Perry employees had no good reason why my room wasn't available. All they told me was "...your room wasn't cleaned today so we can't sell it to you" . The also said the cleaning lady had left for the day and the Manager was unavailable for the weekend. Leaving my BF and I stranded.

They did offer a downgrade and a discount - but If we wanted a regular room we could of stayed anywhere! Besides it was a special occasion! That's why we booked the room in advance!.

Furthermore, they made NO effort to find out WHY or HOW this problem occurred and one of them BLEW UP the bathroom in the LOBBY so bad, I was suffocating while negotiating with them. I was so pissed. and SO disgusted. Never again.

Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Okay, got to get the negatives out of the way. Perry's is an older resort and they are remodeling. The fitness center is old and outdated. Having said that, you will not be disappointed. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Bath and Body Works bath products and plush towels are in bathroom. Beds were comfy. Our room had a refrigerator and stove top. The indoor pool was perfect for adults and children. Friendly staff as well. Don't skip the homemade donuts...OMG!!! They were delicious, however, if you want more, there was a restaurant on site and an IHOP across the street. Beautiful oceanfront location makes this place perfect. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the indoor pool section.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Perry's Ocean Edge Resort? Share your experiences!