“Excellent Motel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #40 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
“Excellent Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This motel is excellent and well worth the price. The beach is right on the doorstep, with rooms offering a sea view. The room was spotless, bed comfortable, with good aircon and a good bathroom.

The owner of the motel was very friendly and went well above and beyond in their service to me. I was shipping a bicycle home which was scheduled for pickup on the day of my departure and was able to leave the package in the office for FedEx pickup later that day.

I recommend this motel and would stay here again when in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
dorchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

well where do i start, i probably could just say fantastic, but even that would not be enough to describe our stay here. we had booked this lovely hotel through hearing how good it was from some people we met during our vacation, so booked in for a couple of days on our journey around florida, but my goodness, we were so happy here we asked to stay a bit longer and ended up staying a week and more .the hotel is a few steps from the famous daytona beach, so lots of water sports, and watch the various cruises going by, the pool was lovely and warm even at night, the rooms are really big and some have great big kitchens just what you need if you want to self cater. all the staff are so helpful nothing is to much trouble. the best choice i made on this trip so far, so if like me you are looking for that place to relax and have fun trust me the GRAND PRIX HOTEL ,is the one for you, we even had a wonderful home cooked meal by billy the owner left in our fridge for us, so sweet, we will be back for sure. kind regards to all at the hotel you made our stay a happy one. all the best leo.

Room Tip: some rooms have kitchens, so well worth paying the extra small amount if you like to self cater, and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This motel is different than most its family owned and run. Courteous and polite and the best part it's more of a personal experience vs the conglomerate capital style hotels. I've stayed here twice now and no it's not the Hilton but ill leave the Hilton to people of a different bread. I'm southern raised. The owner will bend over backwards to help. The hotel has been through alot of renovations since the first stay durin spring break 2012. And to be honest the owner takes pride in the place and works hard to consistently make it better. This is our new regular get away spot and I aim to come back at least twice a year. We are comin back for a long weekend may 1st and am completely ecstatic about it. The place has one awesome perk any room you can see the water.

• Stayed March 2013
RICHFIELD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place pool was heated the whole time ocean was cold.so we hang out pool and cook outside.very good staff
Same people work every day.clean rooms
Owner will go out of his way.make you happy
love full kitchen. He don't let wild party go on.just family fun.
We loved it.thanks Bill

• Stayed March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the Grand Prix our vacation was perfect!! The owners live on site and greet you everyday like an old friend. The value is outstanding and we had the time of our lives!!! Thank you Grand Prix!!! We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2013
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My grandchildren and I enjoyed out vacation at Grand Prix Motel. The room was large enough for the 4 of us and was clean and neat. A throw back to the sixtys decore. Small fridge, coffee pot and microwave was more that enough for us to cook and keep food for the 5 days there. Of course we ate out some too, we were on vacation!! The owner was very nice and made sure we had clean linens and things as needed. The pool is great and nice and warm. The kids would have stayed in it if I had let them. The beach was just a few steps from the pool and the kids enjoyed that too. The perfect place for price and location. Close to shopping and resturants and a nice little beach store across the street. Thank you for a great vacation Grand Prix Motel. We will be returning, maybe even this year but next year for sure. Love it!!! Great for familys on a budget like mine. :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here ONLY because the ratings on trip advisor rated this property as a 4. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. While I'm sure there are some who appreciate the view, which is a given it's ON the beach, the overall condition is disappointing. I would rate it "Terrible" but I have to credit the location and view.

I appreciate a clean "Red Roof Inn" style property as much as anyone and was hopeful this was what I would find. For the money I didn't expect a Hilton. Unfortunately, this was not the case, this property was downright dirty. See pics below.

The owners are friendly and I'm sure well intentioned, but that doesn't go far in my book, sorry.

Room Tip: Spend 30.00 more and go to the Lexington Inn & Suites down the road. See my review.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Grand Prix Motel? Share your experiences!