“As Always, Just Wonderful!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, GA
“As Always, Just Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

My family and I traveled to Daytona Beach (our favorite place!) for the week of the 4th of July - once again, we stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency (our 14th year there!) - and, once again, it was absolutely wonderful! Check-in was a breeze, with Sue helping us out - my reservation was just as expected, with Jenny Lou putting us in a wonderful ocean front two bedroom unit on the 9th floor. When we got to the room, it was very clean, well stocked, and smelled wonderfully - none of that musty smell that you get with some condos at the beach. The rooms are huge, also - no tiny condo rooms here. The balcony was very clean, too - no pigeon poop, as we have had on previous visits (and I know that can't really be helped, but it looked like they cleaned the balcony floors regularaly). My youngest daughter slept on the queen size pull-out couch, and that first night, when we called and asked for an additional blanket, it was delivered in less than 5 minutes! We always had plenty of towels, soap, kitchen commodities, and everything else we needed. And the beds - well, they slept wonderfully - it was just like being at home - my back never hurt at all!! The Tiki Bar was fabulous - you just have to try the Malibu Carribbean Punch - it's delicious! The pool area always has plenty of chairs, and they have two grills that are ready to use at all times - plus, you can go right down the steps from the pool, and you are on the beautiful beaches of Daytona! We walked to the Pier area, all of the Ocean Walk shops, Daytona Lagoon, and the bars over off of Seabreeze - the Regency has one of the best locations in Daytona! The only thing that was negative, was that the week just flew by much too quickly!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed for a week in July in a 1 bedroom. The hotel was very clean, pools both indoor and outdoor very clean. The beach was beautiful. It was great to have a kitchen instead of eating out all the time. We went pier fishing which was fun. We went fishing on a boat called the Critter Gitter which was an all day trip and was AWFUL. We travelled at least 1 and 1/2 hours before we started fishing and many people on the boat we not having fun.(sea sick) I would not advise anyone to go on this boat. One day we went Inland fishing on a smaller boat with Captian Luke at Custom Fishing Charters [---]. It was a 4 hour trip and was great. We caught an assortment of fish , red, blue, yellow , jack and some I cannnot remember. I wish we had gone with him more than once but we ran out of time. Daytona Lagoon Water Park was walking distance. The waterpark, go carts and arcade were great. I would advise you get you hand stamped to go out of the park for lunch, not because of the cost but because of the quality. The King size bed was great. THE PULL OUT COUCH WAS NOT. It was too short for my kids both 5'9''. We ended up taking the matress off the pull out and putting it on the floor. I would definetly go back to this hotel. I think this one was very good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Me and my family went to the Dayton beach Reagen. the staff was very nice and the Pool And the ocean was great. we stayed on the 10th floor are suit ad 1 queen bed and a pull out couch. plus we had a flat screen tv.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked the room and when I drove up to the condo I wanted to cry because it looked old and in need of outside repair. But when I got inside I was really surprised. Lobby was very nice and check in was quick and simple...then on to the condo. Even being older they were very nice and clean...with new appliances. Bath could be updated but whose couldn't. Whenever we asked for anything like additionals towels they were in the condo before we were out the door. The best part is the beach was right there and we could walk the beach and stop and have drinks or food without having to move the car. I would stay there again. Food tip...eat at Sloppy Joes......well worth it ....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Southern MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We really enjoyed our trip here. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When you first get in grab a map and look for Jimmy. He will give you the run down of the area and some great restaurant advice.

Grab a Voodoo from the Tiki bar and enjoy the pool area. Step out of the gate and enjoy the beautiful beach. The water slide, the bbq grils, the view, the beach, and the ocean all make for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

We arrived a couple of hours before check-in and the front desk was extremely accommodating. Our room wasn't ready yet so they took our cell number and called as soon as it was. The place is older but right in the midst of everything and we were pleased with the very clean suite. Outside they have a tiki bar with outragious drinks. We had several family members with us and had a barbeque outside as they have professional size grills. The outdoor pool has a slide and kids really enjoyed it. They also have an exercise and game room along with an indoor pool, as well. For the price, it was certainly nice and I would definitely stay there again, if in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My girlfriends and I stayed here for vacation. We are between the ages of 25 and 38. Staff was very friendly and absolutely PERFECT location you can walk to EVERYTHING including the Oceandeck bar. The tiki bar and outdoor pool area was great, food very reasonable priced. The beach was clean and nice white sand. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Yes the hotel can use a litte updating but cant they all. There is a liquor store right across the street and a walgreens about 3 blocks away you can walk to. We totally felt safe and walked to all the bars each night. They also have free parking, where most of the other hotels charge you. I would definitely recommend to anyone with reasonable expectations. After reading some of the negative reviews we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and glad we went with are instinct and decided to stayed here. The only thing we did not like was the 10am check out and the $50 every half hour late check out charge. We would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!