“Nice Beachside Hotel/Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice Beachside Hotel/Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is right on Daytona Beach and is a very fun property. It has an indoor/outdoor pool, a poolside tiki bar, restaurant, game room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs and a outdoor water slide. Also, on the beach it has beach chairs and a very nice location in the "heart" of the Daytona Beach area. We stayed in one of the 1-bedroom condo and it had all the appliances you could ask for and a completely stocked kitchen with pots/pans, dishes, dinnerware, etc. The hotel also has free wi-fi and free underground secured parking. I would recommend this hotel for a anyone who wants a nice beach getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate you leaving this review of your vacation at Daytona Beach Regency. It is great to read that you took advantage of all the onsite facilities and room amenities which makes this such a popular resort with our guests. Hopefully you will choose to come back and stay with us again soon!

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in October after coordinating our stay with the weekend the airshow was going on at the beach. It is located near the Daytona Beach Hilton and pier. We arrived and the lobby was nice and clean and the staff was friendly. They do try to get you to participate in a timeshare lecture, but we just didn't have the time, so we didn't do that. Our room was on the fourth floor, facing the North side, so we had a partial oceanview. The other side looked like it would have been completely blocked by a giant condominium, so we think we probably lucked out on the view. The room itself seemed a little dated, although clean. The applicances in the kitchen looked new. The bathroom was roomy and had an oversized tub. The downside of the unit being a little older, it had quite a musty smell. We opened the sliding doors to air it out, which helped a little. We weren't sure if previous vacationers/timeshare owners had smoked in the unit, but it definitely was musty, no matter what we did. We did check the A/C filter, which was pretty dirty, but at least didn't see any visible mold in it. One downside is that we heard a lot of traffic, including motorcycles, at all hours of the night. But we were out of our room during the day--the deck and pool area was very nice. The area was clean, the chairs were nice, and there was plenty of room to sit. We did notice people from the beach were just walking up and in, then using the pool, etc. They didn't seem to have any kind of check on that. In fact, one lady who showed up went down the slide and landed in the deep side of the pool and couldn't swim. This resulted in some drama at the pool where some others had to rescue her out of the pool. Then she just took off down the beach again and dissappeared. The Tiki bar was convenient, although a little pricey, but we had a certificate to use there. We tried a tuna wrap and chicken ceasar wrap--both were a little small, very little meat in them. For free, it was okay, but if I had paid the price they were asking, I wouldn't have felt like I got my money's worth. We also tried the Island burger--same result, a little small, especially for the price they were asking. Some of the Tiki Bar frequent guests had been drinking all day, and you end up seeing people staggering back inside the hotel--not the most attractive thing to witness. Not that that's any fault of the hotel, but late in the day, that's the atomosphere by the pool area. The access to the beach was fine, and it's an easy walk down to the pier. We did go to Aunt Catfish's for dinner one night, which was excellent, and convenient to get to from the hotel via a short drive. We also tried out the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Both were very nice--definitely a plus! The day we checked out, we stayed to watch the airshow again, but the front desk said it was no problem to continue to park there for the day, so that was nice. Overall, the stay met our needs, but probably a little more busy for our taste. While the lobby and first floor area was very nice, the room needed a little more work. Hopefully they'll be doing some renovating on those soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Daytona Regency for 4 days in early November. Through no fault of theirs, the weather was a little on the cool side, so the vacation did not start out great. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is excellent and friendly and so helpful. Not a big fan of the 3 calls that I received inviting us to a timeshare meeting but they were put off easily. The only thing bad I can say is that since this was the off-season, they were doing railing replacement which went on all day - from about 9 to 6pm. It wasn't horrible but it did get rather noisy when they were doing the floor directly above us. I would still definitely tell my friends to stay there - and I may stay there again myself. It is centrally located, plentiful parking, nice pool, tiki bar and it is right on the beach. All in all, not a bad place to stay - the room was very nice and CLEAN!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a north or oceanfront room - we stayed on the southside and it was directly above a dumpster...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We returned home this past Sunday after a week spent at the Daytona Regency. I booked the accommodation on 8/24 and at the time no mention was made anywhere that they are busy doing major upgrades to the balconies by putting up new rails - that the contractors begin working at 9am and end at 6pm (and don't always end punctually - so one has no other option but to complain to the staff). When I booked I asked to be placed in a unit on the north side of the building on one of the lower floors, however the day we arrived we were told none of those units were available, and we were put on the south side on the 4th floor. We only became aware of these renovations on Monday morning when we were awoken by hammer drills that felt like they were coming through the walls and the roof of the house and an electric crane that belched smoke and made a dreadful racket each time the basket would be lifted or lowered which meant we couldn't even go out onto our balcony, not that we would have because instead of a view, we looked directly into Wyndham's dumpster and parking area . I spoke to the General Manager who told me that units on the north (quiet) side were reserved for owners and club members which means people like us who are independent, were treated like substandard guests and put where all this noise was happening. He did assure me at the time of our conversation that they would try to move us, but that they were full - and no-one ever got back to us, so I presume they continued to remain full - My husband and I had taken this vacation to go and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet, do some reading, go for quiet strolls on the beach, but instead we were forced to leave the resort Monday through Friday and had to spend our time at public beach areas or in malls to get away from all the hammering. I thought the resort was really well run, it was clean, the beds were great, as was the garden tub in our 2 bedroom - However if you are independently considering to rent a condo at Regency between now and the end of the year (the General Manager told me these renovations began in October and would run all the way through the end of December) I would be very sure to ask these people what type of renovations they are busy with and how noisy it is going to be ..... if you are going to spend all your time on the beach or do touristy stuff, and won't be at the condo but to sleep - that is fine - however if you are planning of doing more time at the resort, be aware that you are going to get very little peace and quiet !!

Room Tip: Why bother ..... management told me the quiet side of the building was reserved for owners and club...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns of your most recent stay here at Daytona Beach Regency. We always strive to provide exceptional hospitality and quality accommodations to each of our guests who stay with us, and it is quite concerning about the concerns you brought up in regard to the noise and handling of your request for relocation. We are truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. In regard to your concerns about room assignment, there seems to have been a miscommunication about how we assign rooms to our members, owners, and guests. Fixed owners and certain members of our management company have purchased specific units for occupancy, and are assigned that unit on an annual basis. For those units, we cannot relocate or reassign other guests for occupancy, as it would be unfair to the current member, owner, or guest to just kick them out because another guest wants to stay there. When assigning a unit to future guests, the fact that they are a member, owner, or guest does not have an effect on the type of unit they are receiving, unless they are one of the owners or members described above. Our front desk staff will do everything in their power to locate an unoccupied and serviceable room that meets a guest’s request. Unfortunately, due to the high occupancy of our resort during the time of your stay, we were unable to relocate you and your party. For any upgrade project that is currently scheduled, we notify our 3rd party rental and exchange affiliates of these projects, so that they can notify their clients. We truly regret hearing that the company that booked your reservation failed to advise you of this upgrade project, and we will make sure to let them know of your disappointment due to this failure of notification. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay with us will be much less noisy and even exceed your expectations as a vacation destination for you and your party. Your business with us is sincerely appreciated and we wish you the best on all your future travels.
DEVON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a two bedroom lockoff. Kitchen was tight but adequate. Livingroom very nice. Dining area was confied by two close walls and a pillar, so getting in and out of your chair was a bit difficult. Master bath room was accross the hall from the bedroom, which meant you had to wear a robe to get there. Master bathroom had no tub, only a shower. Lockoff had a tub in the bedroom and a shower in the bathroom. Balcony had room for two chairs and a small table and awas off the living room. Lockoff had no balcony. Pool area was very nice, but by 2:30 PM the shdow of the building had blocked the sun, so it was almost totally in the shade. The exercise room was more than adequarte, and there was a computer room with two computers and a printer. Wi-fi in the room worked well most of the time but slowed down at 5:00 PM. The staff was the best part of the hotel, as they were very friendly, and when we needed something fixed in the room they were there almost right away and the problems were fixed. I have listed the various negatives, but almost any hotel will have them. The location is prime, and I will definately recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the North side, so that you have a view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay here at Daytona Beach Regency. We appreciate the feedback about our lockoff units, and are extremely glad that our accommodations, amenities, location, and especially our staff, met, if not, exceeded your expectations. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we hope you will come visit us again soon!
Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were very very lucky since we probably got the finest room of the whole resort... the presidential suite no. 1109 on the 11th (and last) floor... really amazing.... and huge... with oversized windows overlooking Daytona's stunning beach... with the bed facing the sun rise every morning... nice and recent furniture, a shower able to accomodate 5 people at least and a huge hot tub.... two lcd tv... a modern kitchen with all the facilities... in the end, an amazing stay! So why only 4 and not 5 out of 5 as a rate? Because the resort shows its age, and the renovation process is still ongoing. Balconies for instance need painting so much, the lobby is a little old style... but I surely appreciate Diamond's efforts to keep its properties at a good level. One more thing is that internet was a mess. A connection that comes and goes is never good, especially when you travel for business and you need to be in touch with your office. A pleasant stay anyway, I would suggest room 1109 to everyone!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband, daughters, boyfriends, friends, and grandbabies have been going to the Daytona Beach Regency for many, many years (we are actually owners there) - since the mid 1990's! My beloved husband passed away last winter, so, this summer, I just could not bring myself to go back - it was his absolute favorite place, and I was afraid of the memories and feelings that would come flooding back. But, I really missed it badly, so, for our Fall Break at work, I decided to bring my in-laws down for a few days - we had always wanted to take them, but, as you all know, "life" kept getting in the way - and last fall, when we had made plans to take them, my husband became sick with cancer.

So, at the end of this past September, we came down for about 5 days - I made the reservations at the last minute, and Jenny Lou was kind enough to find us a room for Sunday - Friday. We were lucky enough to get a north facing 07 room, which had a great view of the beach and ocean - my father-in-law loved sitting out on that balcony! We had a great time - my mother and father-in-law, and my brother and sister-in-law, just loved the condo, and especially the comfortable beds, the tiki bar, and the closeness to the beach! In fact, they loved it so much, no one wanted to leave! Thank you, once again, to the Regency for making my first trip back to Daytona after my hubby's passing so easy to do - my family and I will definitely be returning there next summer!

Room Tip: Ask for a north-facing room, if there are no oceanfronts available!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay with us and for being an owner here. We want to offer our sincere condolences in regard to the passing of your husband. It was great to hear that you came down with your family, and had such an enjoyable experience. Jenny will really appreciate the mentioning of her in this review. We look forward to seeing you and your family again next summer!

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!