“Special Get-Away in Daytona!” 5 of 5 stars

Daytona Beach Regency
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #39 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Atlanta, GA
“Special Get-Away in Daytona!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband, daughters, boyfriends, friends, and grandbabies have been going to the Daytona Beach Regency for many, many years (we are actually owners there) - since the mid 1990's! My beloved husband passed away last winter, so, this summer, I just could not bring myself to go back - it was his absolute favorite place, and I was afraid of the memories and feelings that would come flooding back. But, I really missed it badly, so, for our Fall Break at work, I decided to bring my in-laws down for a few days - we had always wanted to take them, but, as you all know, "life" kept getting in the way - and last fall, when we had made plans to take them, my husband became sick with cancer.

So, at the end of this past September, we came down for about 5 days - I made the reservations at the last minute, and Jenny Lou was kind enough to find us a room for Sunday - Friday. We were lucky enough to get a north facing 07 room, which had a great view of the beach and ocean - my father-in-law loved sitting out on that balcony! We had a great time - my mother and father-in-law, and my brother and sister-in-law, just loved the condo, and especially the comfortable beds, the tiki bar, and the closeness to the beach! In fact, they loved it so much, no one wanted to leave! Thank you, once again, to the Regency for making my first trip back to Daytona after my hubby's passing so easy to do - my family and I will definitely be returning there next summer!

Room Tip: Ask for a north-facing room, if there are no oceanfronts available!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rags5930
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay with us and for being an owner here. We want to offer our sincere condolences in regard to the passing of your husband. It was great to hear that you came down with your family, and had such an enjoyable experience. Jenny will really appreciate the mentioning of her in this review. We look forward to seeing you and your family again next summer!

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was an amazing hotel! My boyfriend and i stayed for 6 days, it is VERY clean, the staff was very nice and helpful. Iv been in Daytona about 4 times now and stayed in other hotels on the beach but they were nothing like this one. The ONLY thing i didn't like about this hotel is the elevators, the buttons did not work too well otherwise this is the hotel i will always stay in when i visit Daytona!! Thank You Daytona Beach Regency staff for the great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about you and your boyfriend’s stay here. We were very pleased to read that you had a very pleasant experience here, and that our staff went above and beyond in providing exceptional Customer Service. They will be truly touched when they hear about the kind words you had for them. We appreciate your comments about our elevators. One of our maintenance staff will take a look at them to see if there something that needs to be fixed. Keep in mind that our elevators are routinely inspected to make sure they meet Florida Elevator Safety Codes. We really appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to seeing you and your boyfriend again soon!
sandersville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a very good place to stay. I have stayed here for 4-5 times in the past. Beautiful outside pool area, convenient beachside bar and grill. Fun room for kids. Sauna and exercise area available. Friendly and helpful staff. Great housekeeping service. Comfortable beds, flat screen TV's in room. Well stocked kitchen with cooking utensils. I love staying at this oceanfront facility. The property is clean and well maintained. Different activities available for your enjoyment also.The only thing that I am not happy about is the wireless service. It is not very good inside the rooms. The wireless signal is easily lost if you move around with your laptop, etc. Service is good if you sit in the lobby and use the wi-fi.

Room Tip: We ate breakfast in the room or across the street at IHOP.
1 Thank angeldee52
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was the last hoorah before the kids went back to school. Fabulous view of the beach. Salt water pool with a slide kept the kids busy all day. Great TIKI bar. Walking distance to Ocean Walk, movies, eateries, pier. I would definitely go again....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VirginiaM0219
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved this location. Units are roomy and we enjoyed a wonderful view of the ocean. Very clean and friendly staff. Nice little outside bar situated right on the ocean. Within walking distance to many bars and restaurants and the pier. Would go again!

Kellyrobin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let me start by saying I have never met much such nice employees anywhere!! Reception was so friendly and welcoming, what a nice change..

Our rooms were spacious and clean (except for the shower in #502, that could use a little sprucing up) and offered at a great price. These rooms would be great for an extended stay since they have a full kitchen and separate bedrooms. The beds were VERY comfortable.

The location of this hotel is great, you can walk to the pier and many restaurants and bars

One thing that bothered me very much was the very strong odor of deordorizer through out the hotel and our room, it was like a cherry bathroom smell (everywhere).

I did enjoy our stay and the employees are SOOO nice..

Room Tip: If you can't get a north facing room, ask for a higher floor.
1 Thank Kellyrobin
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at DBR from 9/2-9/9...what started out as a fiasco, ended up nicely. This was a timeshare exchange for us...this was "girls" week. Upon checking in, I learned that Interval had made an error and cancelled our stay..long story but no need to go there. After being introduced to the Operations Manager, John Betros, and being told we had no reservation and he was at 100% capacity...I thought well I guess I'll be driving back to Jacksonville...only 2 hours away but big disappointment for the "girls". Mr. Betros took it upon himself and spent the time to rectify the problem. We were able to stay in a 1BR the first night (there were only 2 of us at that time) and the next day we were able to move into a 2BR lockoff so everyone had plenty of space. Both units 601 and 702/a were nicely appointed and clean. But the management and staff had no idea how they helped me...you see my mom (83) has some health issues and I am the caregiver...I needed this time away so thank you DBR for making it happen for us! The staff everywhere was always friendly...even the burger from the Tiki Bar was very good. Easy access to the beach and being after Labor Day the crowds were gone and it was just a great overall experience. This resort wants you to have a good stay - we were there for down time and relaxing on the beach so we really didn't use the amenities so can't comment on that. Give this place a chance, they aim to please :).

1 Thank bbfgator
diamondresorts, Owner at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! We’re really sorry to read of the incident which arose when you arrived at the Daytona Beach Regency – this is a very unusual situation, and we’re extremely glad that the resort manager was able to resolve it to your satisfaction.

We hope that you’ll choose to return to the Daytona Beach Regency for another vacation, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#40 of 110 in Daytona Beach
Sun Viking Lodge
Sun Viking Lodge
#15 of 110 in Daytona Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 580 reviews

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!