“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It was the last hoorah before the kids went back to school. Fabulous view of the beach. Salt water pool with a slide kept the kids busy all day. Great TIKI bar. Walking distance to Ocean Walk, movies, eateries, pier. I would definitely go again....

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved this location. Units are roomy and we enjoyed a wonderful view of the ocean. Very clean and friendly staff. Nice little outside bar situated right on the ocean. Within walking distance to many bars and restaurants and the pier. Would go again!

Kellyrobin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Let me start by saying I have never met much such nice employees anywhere!! Reception was so friendly and welcoming, what a nice change..

Our rooms were spacious and clean (except for the shower in #502, that could use a little sprucing up) and offered at a great price. These rooms would be great for an extended stay since they have a full kitchen and separate bedrooms. The beds were VERY comfortable.

The location of this hotel is great, you can walk to the pier and many restaurants and bars

One thing that bothered me very much was the very strong odor of deordorizer through out the hotel and our room, it was like a cherry bathroom smell (everywhere).

I did enjoy our stay and the employees are SOOO nice..

Room Tip: If you can't get a north facing room, ask for a higher floor.
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at DBR from 9/2-9/9...what started out as a fiasco, ended up nicely. This was a timeshare exchange for us...this was "girls" week. Upon checking in, I learned that Interval had made an error and cancelled our stay..long story but no need to go there. After being introduced to the Operations Manager, John Betros, and being told we had no reservation and he was at 100% capacity...I thought well I guess I'll be driving back to Jacksonville...only 2 hours away but big disappointment for the "girls". Mr. Betros took it upon himself and spent the time to rectify the problem. We were able to stay in a 1BR the first night (there were only 2 of us at that time) and the next day we were able to move into a 2BR lockoff so everyone had plenty of space. Both units 601 and 702/a were nicely appointed and clean. But the management and staff had no idea how they helped me...you see my mom (83) has some health issues and I am the caregiver...I needed this time away so thank you DBR for making it happen for us! The staff everywhere was always friendly...even the burger from the Tiki Bar was very good. Easy access to the beach and being after Labor Day the crowds were gone and it was just a great overall experience. This resort wants you to have a good stay - we were there for down time and relaxing on the beach so we really didn't use the amenities so can't comment on that. Give this place a chance, they aim to please :).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Owner at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! We’re really sorry to read of the incident which arose when you arrived at the Daytona Beach Regency – this is a very unusual situation, and we’re extremely glad that the resort manager was able to resolve it to your satisfaction.

We hope that you’ll choose to return to the Daytona Beach Regency for another vacation, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked an 8 night stay at DBR in February. I requested early check-in (knowing that our flight was going to be in earlier than 3pm) and also requested oceanfront view. Of course "not guaranteed", but they said they would take our request into consideration & "it shouldn't be a problem". When we arrived at 11:15, we were told our room wasn't available but they would call our cell when ready. Sounding as if it would be a short period. At 2:30, we still hadn't received a call so we went back to the resort and when I approached the front desk to inquire about our room..the girl just shook her head (no) & said "not ready yet". We proceeded to wait in the lobby until 3:45 before our room was ready! (not pleased!) Upon entering the room, we found it was very spacious and the beds (not the pull-out) were VERY comfortable. The pull-out was impossible to sleep on. The fully equipped kitchen was nice especially since we were staying so long, we had planned to have breakfast & some lunches in the room. The room itself, on a "cleaning" scale, was a 3/10. The baseboard & vents were disgusting-see for yourself. We arrived on Saturday and by Thursday, we still had no cleaning service in our room. I ended up speaking with the GM (regarding another issue) and he advised they don't offer cleaning daily, it's 'suppose' to be after 4 days (clearly it was longer than 4 days). Our view from the balcony was the hotel next door & their dumpsters. During our stay, we found out this is a timeshare place, so don't expect an oceanfront room unless you own a timeshare at this resort. The pool was fantastic & very clean and the Tiki Bar was awesome!! (Make sure you take care of Mike & Amanda in there!!) One afternoon, the 'security' guard approached me while I was laying out at the pool and asked where my wrist-band was. I proceeded to take it out of my camera bag & put it under my hand (as I didn't want a tan line around my wrist). He said that I needed to WEAR it, that putting it under my hand wasn't sufficient and proceeded to say "I would hate to throw you out of the pool area for not putting the band on". I said the band was UNDER MY HAND & he could CLEARLY SEE IT!! He walked away and came back about a half hour later and said he checked with management and they said that having it under my hand was fine. (Good-because if I'm paying to stay at your resort for 8 days, I don't need to be tagged like an animal!!) He said they were having problems with 'beach-goers' coming up and accessing the pool...maybe they should fix their magnetic gates & only people that have room keys would be able to access their pool?? Seems that would be a good suggestion! Even after talking with the GM and expressing my concerns regarding the pool incident and the cleaning service, we wouldn't be back to this resort. It served the purpose as we were basically only in our room to sleep, but not the quality we had hoped for and anticipated after reading reviews.

Room Tip: Expect to get a room with a dumpster view unless you own a timeshare.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for posting this review of our resort. We apologize that you had to wait for your unit to be ready after a long flight. Our Housekeeping staff does try their best to ensure our units are ready for our guests by their requested check in time; however we were at peak occupancy during this time, which may have been the cause for the delay after you arrived. Your concerns about the state of your rooms at check in have been brought up with our Housekeeping staff, as their work prior to your check in was clearly not acceptable by our standards. Please be aware that view requests are handled equally for all guests, regardless of their affiliation with Diamond Resort, or how they booked their reservation. We apologize if anyone here on site informed you differently. Our wristband policy is used to ensure the safety of our guests and to prevent non-paying people from using the pool. The safety and well being of our guests and team members alike is one of our utmost priorities and concerns, and we hope that you will understand why this was advised to you by one of our team members. However, we have brought up the way it was handled with the team member, as their behavior was unacceptable. We are delighted to hear that our staff at the Tiki Bar provided exceptional Customer Service. As we are located in a very popular area in Daytona Beach, we hope that you will reconsider your stance, and decide to stay with us again in the future. If you do decide to stay with us again, we are confident that your next stay will be a memorable one.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Rooms are exceptionally large and if you add the lock- out unit it's great for large family's, or grandma and grampa can come along too. The lock-out units have small kitchens and a whirlpool tub bedside. The main unit has a living room and full kitchen with dining table and couch(which sleeps two). The staff always has something special for the kids to do, and there is always something scheduled for the adults and teenagers. The pool is a little hard to swim in because of the current from the slide water gushing into the pool . There is an ocean front cabanna bar, hot tub,and plenty of lounge chairs. The staff at this resort for the most part are very accommodating. There is also an inside pool and hot tub in case of bad weather. Easy walking to shops and restaurants at the Ocean Walk and along A1A.

Room Tip: If you can get Ocean front room of course go for it. Most other rooms at least offer an ocean view...
Sierra Vista, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We checked in on Sept 1st at the wee hour of the morning. We were able to get a nice north facing room, 2 bedroom lock off. I think they're still working on renovations, but the rooms were nice all the same. Comfy beds, nice kitchen area and spacious. People talk about the bird droppings on the balcony, well I think it's no fault of the resort. We went out on the balcony one night and there stood a pigeon on the light fixture. He was determined to stay. We tried to shoo him away with a cardboard but it didn't phase him. The staff have no problem coming to clean your area. You just have to call.

The tiki bar is pretty nice. Drinks are a little pricey, but no more than being on a cruise. My husband says he would change the bar and have some "roll up" walls installed which would make it nice. It would make it look more open to the deck. Nice idea I think.

We are still here. We check out on the 6th, but we've had a great time so far. No complaints. We would come back :)

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!