“bad experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Cocoa, Florida, United States
“bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

for the price the rooms were worn out. There was no way of controling the heat in the room ,had to keep the door open to cool off the room. the inernet was continuesly cutting me off.Matterss was worn out. they know our room had 3 people in it ,but we had to ask for sheets, pillow.We did not know our room only had 1bed and a pull out bed in couch. When we booked our rooms for the Turkey Rod Run One family member did the booking we told them we wanted to have all 4 rooms together.but went we checked inn 3 were on 2nd floor and 1 on the 3rd floor the parking gaurds were acting like robo cops tring to tell someone that was putting water in the road to go back to their rom for the night .What gives them the right to tell a paying customer to go to their room .This room was not worth 100.00++ a night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Paul,
Guest satisfaction is of great importance to me and to my staff. I am sorry you felt some dis-satisfaction with your visit. As a matter of clarification, please know that during your stay we had a group of young people traveling with chaperones and
we were instructed to have our security send them back to their rooms after hours.AS far as temperature is concerned, we recommend that your room thermostat be set at 72 for maximum comfort.
Over all, the important fact is that you were not happy and I would invite you to return as my guest so that you can experience the type of enjoyment so many of our returning guests have experienced !
Regardsm Carol Collett GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We simply LOVE THIS PLACE! We have traveled all over the world and this is a place that you can call home! Older property so if you expect the Hilton I suggest you go there! The Daytonna Inn Beach Resort staff is wonderful:) We have been staying here for a month for four year's now and only have 56 day's left to join their "family" once again! Oh....that night shift lady is Rhonda.....can't find any better:) The "complaints" that I have read must be from people who complain all the time! If you had a complaint I know that The Daytonna Inn Resort staff would have done their best to remedy your situation! Not the Hilton people only better if you want a relaxed place to vacation! See you on the beach!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! My staff and I try very hard to deliver on our commitment to friendliness and to creating a pleasant environment for all our guests! We will be delighted to welcome you back...see you soon!
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Daytona Inn Beach Resort. The staff was very friendly especially the woman that worked the night shift. We rented an Ocean Front family Suite that was on the ground floor with a beautiful view of the ocean. It also had a step down to the pool.(room 121) The bedroom itself was kind of small but that did not bother us one bit. I would recommend this place to anyone and We will be coming back again.. Great location,friendly staff, Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ask for room 121..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is older and needs some updates (beds), but our room was nice, comfortable, and clean. The location is great, the pool was very nice, and all service was great. All staff were friendly and helpful. It had all the amenities we needed and we thoroughly enjoyed our week there.

• Stayed September 2012
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words...your group is a favorite of ours and we hope to welcome you back next year! Your group is the only HURRICANE we like!
Carol
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Let me start off by saying this is a condo 'resort' property, not a regular hotel, which means that each room is different, the property is older, and people actually live in some of these units fulltime. On the first floor, the residents tend to 'hang out' on the sidewalks with their front doors open facing the parking lot (and some of them have very stinky condos due to pet odors). Not a good impression walking to the lobby area. The front desk is nice enough and tried to be accomodating to my requests, but I just don't think I should have to go down there every day to ask for towels, bed sheets, etc, if I 'follow the rules' and put my sign out on the door every day. The particular unit we were in had a horrible leak overhead in the bathroom, the patio door could not be locked, terribly uncomfortable mattresses and sleeper sofa (old and flat), the refrigerator wouldn't get cold enough during the 4 days we were there, and the floors were absolutely filthy, even after I complained and they mopped--still gross. Room was incredibly humid, so I kept having to run the a/c even though it made it too cold at times (dehumidifier in the room didn't work). This is also one of those places that expects you to wash the dishes otherwise you will be charged something like $25 for leaving them, and that also means they are 'exempt' from sanitizing the kitchen. Yuck!!! I would have checked out early and gone elsewhere, but they collect all your money up front, so I would've been SOL for leaving early ($100+/night). Only stayed here at the request of friends who have been coming for the last 3 years, so I trusted their judgment--in years past, they had gotten decent service and a different room, but I know this year, they also had to go get their own towels, etc, and were disappointed with their room selection. I've stayed in 2/2 condos for less money and better housekeeping. The only things that were nice about this stay was having an oceanfront balcony on the car-free section of the beach, and the pool was kept up (surprisingly). Sorry to sound negative, but I am stating the facts.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to see the room before agreeing to pay for it--I just have issues with $100+/night with no...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Please accept my apologies for any discomfort experienced while staying here and also please accept my gratitude for taking the time to help us provide a better guest experience for you and others. I am not able to determine with certainty where you stayed as you did not mention and so I e-mailed you for further info. I have also phoned several guests who stayed here during your time frame to try to find you but every one of them...without exception...said they had a wonderful time and would definitely return. I hope you will return as well and allow us to provide you with a wonderful experience of the Daytona Inn Carol GM
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband , I & our dog just stayed here for 9 days, the staff was extremely helpful in making our stay the best, Misty went out of her way to help with the kind of room I asked for(king room with ocean front balcony) & all the staff right down to maids & maintence people were very friendly. The location is perfect along with being dog friendly, I would recommend this to all.. PS. their restaraunt/bar was also very efficient. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We greatly value the opinions of our guests and so often in life, we all tend to keep good comments to ourselves and enjoy giving voice to bad comments. Some guests try to use this forum for leverage...i.e. last week a guest said if we attempted to charge him for breaking a flat screen TV then he would 'trash ' us on Trip Advisor! There is no substitute for personal experience!
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We rented a very nice condo from owners and enjoyed our stay except for the faulty air conditioner.Each condo does not have an individual air unit, and the system is probably very old. We had to hang blankets over the glass balcony doors and the temp stayed at 78 - 80 degrees.This was not a problem exclusive to our condo, as several other guests around the pool were voicing the same complaints . Some had contacted owners and maintenance, but there was nothing they could do to improve the situation. We sure hope they can fix this problem with the air, because we would love to return to Daytona Inn Beach Resort next summer. This was our first stay there, and we have no complaints about anything aside from the lack of cool air. The staff was friendly, the pool clean, and the location was great for walking to eat, drink, and shop.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I regret any discomfort you experienced while staying here. If you had rented thru the Front Desk, we would have moved your room or provided you with a portable AC unit for your use. It is also true that very very often guests are so taken with our fabulous ocean views from their rooms that they neglect to close the doors and this does heat up a room quickly. I do hope we get to have you visit us again and provide you with a comfortable stay. Carol Collett GM

Been to Daytona Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!