“Absolutely Divine!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free!
Ranked #32 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
bebebets
“Absolutely Divine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

The hotel is impeccable, the staff is friendly and very accomodating! We went for the weekend and didn't want to leave! Every little detail was thought of. We had an oceanfront room which had a spectacular view of the pool area and beach! The spa toiletries & spa robes are decadent! Love the decor in the room ! The bed was absolutely delicious! It was top of the line comfort. They really paid attention to all those small details that makes you feel right at home! The comfortable bed linens, the big screen tv, the snacks in the fridge (healthy ones too!), the mini bar, the extra pillows and blankets! The pull out couch was just as comfortable! My teenage son loved the ipod docking station as well as the fitness room. The pool area is divine, nicely layed out, it makes you feel relaxed. There are many little smaller areas such as the fire pits where you can gather with a group or for more private fun, they have wonderful cabanas. The salt water pool was marvelous! There are great little areas for toddlers too! The tiki bar was great to go to at night and nice ambience with great soothing music. It is a great place for couples to be romantic as well as lots of fun for the entire family. Next time I go I will visit the spa. We really didn't have time to enjoy all the amenities, but whether you're there to relax and just sit on the beach or the pool or enjoy the town and all it has to offer, this is the perfect place. It feels like home, but better because you feel pampered because everyone treats you like a VIP! We absolutely would highly recommend this hotel! If you're in Daytona Beach, it's the best place to stay! They earned their Four Stars!!! However, I would rate it five stars!!!

981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
jaxfl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

My second stay in 30 days at the Shores. Both were business trips, first stay not so good, spoke to Mr. Smiley the manager about problems and he was very concerned and offered me a discounted stay for personal stay if I wished. I declined, but did call him when I knew I was returning again on business and I was provided with an ocean front room with balcony. My only issues were the hair dryer did not work and I did not have time to call for another when getting ready for my business reception. Luckily I have wash and go hair, (maybe house keeping should check out worling order when cleaning room),second issue was I was charged for valet parking for a car that I did not drive, I car pooled with another guest. But it was taken off my bill without problem.
I love the beds, ocean front is the way to go, if you get a balcony, some rooms don't have them. Due to price of hotel, I would not stay here if not for business, but overall it is a very nice hotel compared to other hotels in Daytona, there is not a lot to pick from.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I found most of the staff to be very friendly and the hotel was nice. Keep in mind they charge a $15 resort fee. I was in a room on the third floor which did not have a balcony and overlooked the roof with very limited few of the ocean. Requested to be upgraded but was sold out the first three nights and was told a surcharge to upgrade for the last night. The room had double beds which my feet hung over the ends. I was there over the weekend and due to the hotel being next to a drive on the beach entrance on one side and a public park on the other, the beach was quite crowded and the umbrella vendor took over the entire beach in front of the hotel. They charge for the USA Today but do not place it outside your room. You have to pick it up off a table by the lobby. I mentioned this at checkout and the clerk was nice enough to refund one day's resort fee. Additionally, self parking is across the street and they only have one luggage cart so will not let you use it without taking advantage of a bell hop.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed here for one unexpected night after leaving our previous hotel that we were very unsatisfied with. We won a room on Priceline- as expected we didn't get the greatest view but that is understandable and not a problem given our booking method. The lobby is really lovely and check-in was a breeze. Valet is available but since we were going in and out a lot (we were in DB for personal business, not vacation) we self-parked across the street (included in the somewhat silly $15 "resort fee". Just raise the price of the hotel, really!) Room was spacious, had a small fridge and coffee maker and two very comfy queen beds. Temp was easy to control. We visited the pool area for a brief while... jacuzzi had an awful lot of dead bugs in it but the overall area is very lovely and perhaps this was a temporary issue? We would consider booking a poolfront room on the first floor if we stayed here again for vacation as it would be so convenient.

Our main dislike about this hotel was the fact that the restaurant, while appearing lovely, was really quite expensive even for such a hotel. (We did not eat there but looked at the menu.) Easy-to-find options nearby are few.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

for a world class hotel, I was very surprised to see M & M candies along the baseboards and arounbd the night stand - it was quite obviouse, bright colors and all, as you walked to the nightstand along the wall, plus looking down around the fabric along the headboard, add'l M&Ms sitting on the drapery. I was there for two nights, could understand one day's cleaning, but how long have those M&M's been there?? Also, TV was not connected, I used both remote and on- TV switching, looked behind and it was plugged in, but how far do I need to go to turn on a TV? not about to call hotel to have someone come to my room at midnigyt or 5:00am.
It room 116 - bet its still the same.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Canton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

My husband and I took our two daughters (5 and 9) to Daytona for spring break, April 5-9. While the hotel was very nice, I have to agree with the others who said the "extras" made it a little too pricey. The drinks at the Tiki Bar were $9 on average, with beer being around $5 I believe. For me, $9 for a mixed drink is just too much. It was also nearly impossible to get lounge chairs, in the sun, on the pool deck. I'm not sure how it would be policed, but offering chairs on the beach (at no charge) would be a nice perk. I know that would be difficult as it is a public beach, but I'm guessing if they had one staff person on the beach monitoring the chairs/tables, it would be pretty easy to control. One more complaint is the ice machine on the 10th floor didn't work the entire time we were there (4 nights). It wasn't a major deal because the machine on the 9th floor worked, but just a little inconvenient and frustrating that in 4 days, they never fixed it. A four star hotel shouldn't have those types of glitches.

As for the room - ours was very nice. Personally, I LOVED the showers - great water pressure and a shower head that extended to be positioned directly over your head, pointing straight down on you. The bed was wonderful - probably the softest and most comfortable I have ever slept on.

The front desk staff and valet staff were always very friendly with a "hello" when we returned to the hotel. One of the front desk staff, Mr. Smiley, was outstanding. He was at the desk the day we checked in and then had the next two days off. We saw him again the day we left and he remembered who we were and talked to us about the same things we talked about the day we checked in. I thought that was impressive as I know these people see tons of guests coming and going every day.

Overall, it was a very nice hotel with great staff. There are just a few changes I would like to see them make.

Cleveland,Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I would stay at this hotel again.I only had two problems with the hotel. I guess now you get charged a "convience fee" at most hotels. This is supposed to cover the internet, coffee in the room, and newspaper. I don't think it should be 15 bucks a day. Maybe at the most 5 bucks.The other problem is the location of the pool. After about 2pm you loose the sun over the pool. I guess that isn't a major problem. IF you have kids swimming u can't move to another location on the deck. There is no life guard.Other than those two minor things a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!