“The Best Memorial Day Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Announcement
Don't Miss Out!
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“The Best Memorial Day Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I went here for our anniversary last weekend it was the best ever. We stayed in a cabana room (Please get the cabana it makes all the difference) it was awesome. Just 10 steps and you are in the pool. The room was great, clean and comfortable. We stayed 5 nights and it got a little crowed Saturday but Justin was our pool side server and he was awesome, we never wanted for anything, he was the best. We had a spa treatment Saturday afternoon and it was AWESOME Marilyn and Nigel took really great care of my wife and I. My wife said it was the best ever. Go see Lorrie at the Tiki bar in the evening she makes that best drinks and always with a smile and when it gets later go in and see Clinton at the main bar, these two make you feel like you are special. The worst part of the trip is we had to leave. We WILL be back again, thank you everyone at the Shore for make this an AWESOME trip.

Eddie & Lea

Room Tip: The Cabana is a must, 10 steps to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

While setting up A/V for our conference, Stephen went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed, including moving walls!

Excellent location, atmosphere and helpful staff.

The conference was perfect!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at an ocean view room on the fourth floor. We had a number of bad experiences. The first shower taken completely flooded the bathroom. My boyfriend noted they installed the ledge backwards on the shower. He called the front desk.. No answer. Called again. The lady said it was a "common problem" and she'd send an engineer to check it out. We asked for more towels as we used all of them to soak up the flood. The engineer never came, and if we did miss him, did not change anything to resolve the problem. There was no follow-up from the front desk. For the remainder of the weekend we developed a channeling system with towels to avoid the floor flooding as much. Ridiculous. Also had to call for more towels each time.

The restaurant food was merely overpriced bar food. The service was incredibly slow. We sat in an empty restaurant wishing for breakfast for far too long. Our neighbors complained they ordered something 30 mins ago and it came out I correct. We ordered lunch at the bar outside. Again, took a ridiculously long time for an order of chicken fingers. The lady next to us had her order messed up. That was the last meal we had there for the 3 days we stayed.

The beach towel bin is ALWAYS empty. We went out and bought our own. A very simple yet important detail missed for guests.

The pool has an OBNOXIOUS disco light up at night. We'd like to leave the doors open to listen to the waves at night, but that comes with neon lights changing. I felt bad for the folks paying over 800$ a night to be on the pool level.

Finally, as we were leaving at 5am to catch a flight, the valet guys weren't there. The response was "we have over 200 cars, can you come in and try to identify your keys?" My boyfriend has to find the keys to our rental car for them to go get it. Just like everything else, we had to do it ourself of we want something done.

We are a laid back young couple ... And even we couldn't stand the service. Terrible experience.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful resort, great service! It has everything -- great rooms, food, and service! You park your car and never have to leave! The renovations to the rooms, lobby and outside areas were beautiful and all of the staff from the front desk, to the servers were very personable and friendly. Everyone made you feel like they genuinely enjoyed their job. Ms. Edith from Housekeeping just touched my heart this trip! She brought towels to my room... Her clothes were pressed just so and you could tell she took a lot of pride in her appearance and her job! She was just the most adorable person I'd ever seen! Like she had been my friend and I had known her for years.. Had an amazing time and I keep coming back year after year!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Always feel at home at The Shores. I think the best part is the people. The 3rd year I've been here and Clinton and Steven are just the best. I recommend you go see them at the bar!!! They are genuinely the nicest. They have remembered me throughout the years. The people make this hotel a place I know I'll continue to keep visiting!!! The hotel is clean. I also love the fitness center since they have more then just cardio equipment!! Love THE Shores Resort & Spa!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My family had such a great time Memorial Day weekend at the Shores! It was crowded but the service didn't suffer! Justin and Kevin were awesome! We were served by both of them on Saturday and they were attentive and friendly. On Sunday and Monday, Justin took excellent care of us, he was personable and really worked very hard to make our visit perfect. We spent all three days by the pool and we never once had to look for someone to take our order. Justin wasn't only our "server" he went out of his way and we feel like we made a friend. We have been going to the Shores Resort for the past 8 years and this past weekend was reminiscent of our first visit when we fell in love with this hotel. It really seems like more than the furniture and fixtures has been renovated. Handing out free ice cream to the children every afternoon and the poolside trivia was really a nice touch. Everyone did a fabulous job of making our stay enjoyable, they are all so engaged and seem to love their jobs!

Stayed May 2015
shoresresort, Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Lisa S,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent. Justin and Kevin our two our newest associates and are hands down two of the best. Both young men are so engaging and are excellent young men. We have made numerous adjustments to enhance the experiences here at the shores and are excited about our pool program. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

Androse Bell
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful resort, friendly and efficient staff, great food. I was there for three day weekends, three times in the last ten months. This Memorial day week-end was exceptional. Thanks to Kevin and Justin. These two young men were AWESOME--
We wanted for nothing. The best pool side wait staff ever!! They really spoil there guest. THANK YOU "Shores Resort for another great visit.

Room Tip: Cabana Suite
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Judy J,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent. Kevin and Justin are two great young men and we are so thankful to have them both on our team. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

Androse Bell

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!