I stayed at The Shores for a wedding. The hotel and property were beautiful but the constant extra charges were rediculous and the staff really needs training in customer service. Self parking is across the street and costs $12 per day, not per night so a one night stay is $24. The elevator to the parking was broken more often than it worked so we walked three flights of stairs with our luggage. I received an offer from the shores asking me to share my stay on social media and I would receive a certificate for two free drinks. When I tried to redeem it the bartender was so rude and condescending I did not go back for the second drink. Apparently the night before I arrived he had a verbal exchange with another guest in our party and after the gentleman left the bar had the police rouse him from bed and eject him from the hotel. This was the bride's sister's husband and he was already in bed! Service at the wedding was also a disappointment. The kitchen did not prepare enough meals and the last meal at my table was served half an hour later than all the other meals. Then the waitress had to be asked to remove the plate and to bring coffee and cake. Even though the rooms were beautiful several guests reported that if they used the tissue in the bathroom there were no other tissues under it, the tissue was a display. In one room maybe a mistake but this occurred in several. I would not book here again. Service is not a priority for this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shores Resort & Spa is a luxury boutique resort located on a quiet stretch of beautiful beachfront property in the town of Daytona Beach Shores, Florida. A short five minute drive from Downtown Daytona Beach, The Shores Resort & Spa is the only AAA Four-Diamond luxury beachfront hotel in Central Florida. Our amenities include waterfront rooms with balconies, oceanfront dining, full service spa, spacious sundeck with swimming pool, oceanfront firepits, Tiki Bar, jacuzzi, private beachfront cabanas, and much, much more. The only way to experience the luxury is to visit The Shores Resort & Spa today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Shores Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Resort Daytona Beach
- Shores Hotel Daytona Beach