“Fantastic second visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Fantastic second visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We Arrived on the 2nd of April for a family vacation with my parents in law and my husbands sisters and their families and instantly felt like we had come back to luxury. We stayed here last year and were over the moon at coming back. We were put in a room on the 4th floor with a balcony overlooking the river. The room was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable and shower was lovely and hot. After a long travel from England we bedded down for the night looking forward to 14 nights of bliss.

Our main cleaner was Collette who did an awesome job even leaving us a little note thanking us for staying Which was a lovely touch and made us feel welcome.

My Husband and I ate breakfast pretty much every other day and we were always served by Linda who was is a brilliant waitress a real asset to The Shores she always made conversation, remembered what we liked to drink and gave that personal touch.

We also wanted to say a big thanks to Henry one of the servers in the bar area, friendly, warm and welcoming remembered our favourite drinks and always had time for a hello and also Clinton from the bar who was always helpful and pleasant.

The only bad point was nothing to do with the hotel but the Cheer Leaders who were staying there for the weekend who unfortunately had no concern for those staying around them and were in the room next to us. We complained three times, the first two times the hotel rang the room next to us asking them to stop propping the doors open which they did do at the time but the next day they started again so the hotel kindly moved us on our third complaint. The issue is that there is a private hallway connecting the two rooms which is great for families not so great if your next to rowdy teenagers.

In all this is a fantastic hotel with a fantastic group of staff who go out of their way to make sure your stay with them is enjoyable.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Th Shores Resort and Spa was a lovely and convenient place to stay in Daytona Beach. Fitness room, pool and beach were great. Food was excellent.
Service was exceptional.
Our room was clean, bright and had a good view.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
shoresresort, Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Jennifer

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent, and can assure you that we are continuing to find innovative ways to improve in all aspects. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

Yours in hospitality,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Bed too soft. Didn't sleep and woke up with aches and pains
Told they were new, tried a different room and same results
Love location and facility especially beach tiki bar
Grilled cheese sandwhich - best anywhere

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Jo-Anne

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent, but it's unfortunate that our beds were not to your desire. All of our beds are pillow top and are on the softer side. Jo-Anne, when you plan on returning please email me directly, i'm sure I can speak with my chief engineer and see if we get a more firm bed. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were referred to this hotel by a friend, it was a great referral. I took 4 children and we ALL had an amazing time! The room's decor wasn't outdated but colorful and in good taste. The room was spacious and kept clean by Collette, she was GREAT!! The amenities were awesome, my favorite were the great hot tub while listening to the waves of the ocean and the firepit. The kids enjoyed themselves and only want to stay there next time we go back!

DaneshaL

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent, and I will personally make sure Colette gets a copy of your review. Colette is an amazing team member and we are so excited to have her on our team. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were suppose to be staying at another resort in Daytona; but they were not able to open for the Daytona races. We were sent information to stay at The Shores Resort and Spa. I would say this was not the greatest place I have stayed at nor the worse. The first night we stayed there we did not get our wake up call for the next morning which made us late for the Duels at Daytona. That night when we returned to our room, our bathroom sink was covered with ants. I called the operator and she sent a lady up to our room with a can of spray. She sprayed the ants with the spray and left the can for us if they came back. The next morning we woke up there was still ants on the sink. Housekeeping came to our room and I asked them to please clean up the mess and they happily did so. The housekeeping staff was very nice and always asked every day if we needed anything. We stayed for 5 days and for the price of over $480.00 including tax it was not worth the money. I know this place use to be a Hilton and that it had not been that long since opening, but you would have thought the staff at the front desk would have had more knowledge of what was happening in the rooms. They were nice enough with all the problems that we had to cut our bill in half so I cannot give them a poorly rated score. Nor can I give them a great score because it has much need of improvements.

Room Tip: No more information about other rooms. Sorry
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Jak1978

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. I'm disappointed to hear that we weren't able to provide you with an excellent experience. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and condition of room, please know your response has been shared throughout our entire management team and we have made the necessary adjustments to make sure this doesn't happen again. I would encourage you to give us another chance to show you why we are the best resort in Daytona Beach. Please email me directly when you are planning on returning to this area and I will personally make sure everything is excellent with your stay. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were traveling from Orlando, up to Amelia Island, and had never been to Daytona. So we picked what was rated as the top hotel in this stretch. I think it was a good hotel, a little older, but a gorgeous lobby, friendly people, and a deep beach. Our family was longing to get the beach, and this offered a good beach, a decent pool, and decent rooms. For Daytona, this is about as good as it gets. I'm for whatever reason not a fan of roads between my hotel and the beach, but that's Daytona. Good lunch and good service, people here went out of their way to accommodate us. We enjoyed our one night here.

Room Tip: We asked for and received an upgrade to oceanfront with a balcony, and originally on the phone their...
EFMadison

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Shored for 4 nights .
We found the service from check in at the Front desk poor when we arrived.
We had requested an early check in which they acknowledged they were aware of but we were quite poorly treated. Although we are aware that an early check in cannot be guarenteed the check in staff showed a bad attitude and could not even tell us when the room would be ready. Regul;ar check in is 4:00 pm at this hotel and after waiting for almost 2 hours with "no idea when your room will be ready" the room was still not ready at the regulat check in time of 4;00 pm so I complained to the Manager .
The room was clean and had a good view of the ocean.We found that the bathroom door handle was completely broken so you could not shut the bathroom door and seemed like if you did you may get locked in the bathroom if you closed the door. We reported this during our first day but never got a response in 4 days we were there and the door was never fixed which was disappointing.
The hotel is located by a road that the public can enter Daytona Beach which was OK but makes the beachfront a bit more busy in front of the hotel. There is also a large truck parked on the beach in front of the hotel renting chairs which clutters the area but is not the fault of the hotel as they do not own the beach.Drinks at the bar were pricey and the bartenders we had were not very friendly or service oriented at the Shores Resort. This is surprising as the other hotels ,restuarants nearby ,etc were very friendly and helpful so there seems to be great people in the area.
The quality of the room and the building was well maintained and tastefully done.
Housekeeping staff did a good job cleaning the rooms daily.
The Shores has a relationship with the Oceans Racquet and Recreation Club which was a great place to play and good courts and very nice staff/members
I

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
194ian

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience you had with us. I'm disappointed to hear that we weren't able to provide you with an excellent experience. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences we caused you during your arrival process. I can assure you we will share your experience with our team and make the necessary adjustments to prevent this from happening again. I would encourage you to give us another chance to show you why we are the best resort in Daytona Beach. Please email me directly when you are planning on returning to this area and I will personally make sure everything is excellent with your stay. Thank you again and I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon at The Shores Resort & Spa.

abell@shoresresort.com

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!