“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Resort was very professional and friendly and accommodating. Resort was very clean and modern. Beds and pillows were a dream, the resort staff were very friendly and helpful. A+ all around, awesome job Shores! We will return to stay for sure, this is what a pet friendly hotel should be, high standards and immaculate grounds. :)

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at The Shores hotel last weekend and we were very disappointed in the room, front desk, and restaurant service. They say they renovated the rooms, but our bathroom was awful. Front desk check in was not friendly and service for breakfast in restaurant was very slow. I would not call this a 4 star property. I will hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This resort was a mystery as far as my wife and I were knowledgable about. When we checked in we were unsure about how welcome we were due to the receptionist named Nancy at the front desk. She was very distant and rude seemingly towards my wife and I as we check in to our room. But everyone else was exceptionally accommodating towards us. Especially a man by the name of Percy Lassiter who made me feel like us, as a young black couple was accepted here at this resort as well as everyone else. As we were having our Anniversary dinner he came by several times to check on us to make sure our dinning experience was satisfactory. Later on that evening he even found my wallet in which I didn't realize I had lost, and returned it too me. I honestly feel like he is the glue that keeps everything smooth In this entire hotel resort. I appreciate him because he definitely made us feel like our presence was welcome. Outside of that the other guest service representatives were very nice and helpful as well. We will come back and visit again as long as that man Percy is still on board with the resort affairs. Ohh, the food was delicious as well. I give it a ! Not everyone should carry the weight for one bad apple...

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Booked through AMEX travel and had read reviews. Took the plunge and enjoyed our stay.

We checked in late on Sunday and C/I was quick & courteous. Once we got to our room we noticed a couple of housekeeping issue that I made note of. Monday morning we went out for breakfast and before leaving I informed the desk of our concerns. Upon our return every issue had been quietly and efficiently taken care of, kudos to house keeping and maintenance.

We had a room on the 7th floor which gave us a great view South along the beach and good sun during the day. We upgrade to the beach view w/balcony and we are glad we did.. Room was clean comfortable and well equipped. Bathrooms are a bit small but serviceable.

The hotel has a comfortable lobby and a very nice bar. Our service at the lobby bar and the Tiki Bar was always quick and pleasant. Our poolside lunches we always good and we had pleasant servers anywhere we ordered.

The pool area was always nice except for the chair hogs who drape a towel over a chaise at 7:am and then don't show up until 11:OO, that's OK because I used their clean towels and left my dirty ones.

Daytona Beach is not always1st on my list of Florida destinations and I prefer Ft. Myers/Cape Coral area. That being said I would definitely choose The Shores should I return to DB.

Room Tip: If you want sun get a balcony room on the South side
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed at The Shores many times in the past. I stopped going because I felt it was declining. Decided to give them another chance over Spring Break March 2015. There are so many little things that have turned me off again about this hotel. We were in a lanai room - supposed to be ocean front and it was except the view is blocked. Our room, 118 had a pool cabana blocking the view. In addition, there are palm trees that block the views. We had to clean our own dishes off the lanai after lunch daily. The towels are thin and cheap. You now have to ask for robes. I had to call twice about room cleaning because they came so late in the day. Then housekeeper complained to me about how many rooms she had to clean. Not her fault but the fault of management for not hiring enough people. Pool server was running himself ragged daily. Always appeared to be only 1 server. Called room service for dinner. Asked a couple of questions and each time, the man taking the order shouted to other people asking for answers to my questions. Very unprofessional. Lobby is beautiful. Rooms are nicely furnished. Lanai is wonderful but would be better if the view was improved. When I voiced some of my complaints, there didn't seem to be any concern with making us happy. I requested a specific room but when we arrived, they had put us in a different one. The lady at reception said we could be moved the next day. When I called the next day, the man answering the phone seemed put out that we were told a different room would be available. He made it sound like it was a lot of trouble. I provided a review to them following our stay. I've heard nothing back. One can only assume they don't care.

Room Tip: Lanai rooms 119 or 120 which are hard to get would be the best for view. Lanai rooms on the North s...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We loved this hotel. It was a great value. The patio, the bars, and the fire pit areas were all very nice and we enjoyed our evening sitting around the fire, roasting marshmallows with the other guest very much.

Room Tip: Be sure not to miss the chance to sit by the fire and roast marshmallows with the other guest!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Shores. The staff was polite and helpful. The room was a good size and the oceanview was beautiful. The hotel is pet friendly and staff seemed to enjoy welcoming our dog. There is a park next door and some good areas to walk the dog across the street. The hotel is clean and well maintained. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!