“A real treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“A real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I picked The Shores as part of a package. Instead of staying in Orlando I wanted to be right on the beach. The room was exactly as shown on the website. Beautiful four-poster bed, in-room fridge, partial view of the ocean.
While the pool area was usually pretty crowded during the day, the beach was a delight. You could walk out for yards in the ocean and only be up to your knees--be careful of the undertow. During the evening you could have a swim in the pool nearly alone.
Had a lovely dinner at Azure during a torrential downpour. Service was terrific.
Daytona is still close enough to spend a day in Orlando, at the outlet malls, or the Kennedy Space Center. Great location to see all the area has to offer.

Room Tip: Next time I would get a room with a full ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay when in the Daytona Beach area. LOV, LOV , LOV the Shore! Food is great, spa is wonderful, and staff is awsome! I can enjoy a cold drink poolside or out bay the fire pit, or relax on the beach that is steps away from my room. There is no other option for me but the Shores!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We spent three nights here over the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel is pretty large but the architeture and layout make it seem cozy and intimate. We had a beautiful oceanfront room. I loved listenting to the waves throughout the night. Everything was super clean and comfortable. They give each family a S'more roasting kit upon check-in and we used them outside on the big bonfire they have going every night. The bartenders make great lattes! The food was above average, although one meal in the dining room took way too long to be served. I'd definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at the Shores for six nights so my husband could go to the Turkey Run, I was a bit worried about the distance from the Speedway, but cabs were reasonable and the quality of the Shores more than made up for the distance. We found all the staff very helpful and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. We had a wonderful brunch for Thanksgiving, the food was great and the service as well and we were made to feel very welcome, We found all the food we ate in the hotel very good and very reasonable, we ate mostly in the bar and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the 5th floor, we decided to go for the small additional cost to have a balcony and it was worth the extra money, I have never stayed in such a quiet hotel. The room was of a good size with a little seating area in the room, there were a few marks on the carpet as mentioned by other people, but nothing that bothered us,the shower and hot water was wonderful. Room service knocked on the door everyday. The bed was comfortable, the room was warm as it was a bit chilly outside !, the view was great, one side the beach, other side a view of the mountains. It was my husbands 60th birthday and the hotel went to the trouble of providing champagne and fruit., . There was a slight problem as we went to check out as we were charged again for the room which had already been prepaid, on pointing it out to the member of staff, the matter was rectified in a matter of minutes, again no problem at all to them. We were very happy at The Shores and would not hesitate to go there again, thank you to everyone for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Guest Relations Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear the staff provided excellent service and that you were able to enjoy our wonderful brunch on Thanksgiving. We are glad you and your husband were able to get away and enjoy his 60th birthday. We hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday and had an extra day to kill, so I booked a room at The Shores last minute. The booking process went very well. When I get there, I was greeted warmly, and after I DID finally find my room, found it to be in great condition, and although not in FULL view of the ocean, was still very nice! The even had a goody bag to make s'mores out by the fire pits in the back.. Nice touch! All in all, when I come back to Daytona again, I will make arrangements to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your excellent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our amenities and your accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Androse Bell, manager at the Shores, continued to respond these past months to help me obtain the refund the front desk staff had promised me following an over-booking problem this past Memorial Day weekend.
We had arrived on Saturday evening that weekend for a two-night stay, booked on-line through USAir. When told the hotel had overbooked, we were given a stay at a nice golf resort 32 miles up the coast and then got the second night back at the Shores.
We were promised "no charge" for both nights by the front-desk office manager at the time, who, upon our leaving on Monday, promised to send an e-mail confirming this agreement. She, unfortunately, left their employ the first week in June; Mr. Bell responded to my request immediately that week with a letter confirming their offer.
When I wrote both him and USAir in October to say no refund had ever been made to our Discover account, it was his e-mail to USAir that resulted in the promised refund.
I thank him for not delaying whenever I contacted him. He is a consummate businessman.
The Shores was beautiful, particularly the Lobby. The fire pits were a real joy with the lovely S'mores packages that came at check-in.

Dave and Sharon, Oberlin OH

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear Androse was able to assist you with such efficiency and that you enjoyed your nights stay here. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

First, let me say that there were many positives in our visit; however, poor management can tarnish a fantastic stay. Ms Arlene Fletcher in reservations was a gem. I explained that I wanted a special get away for my husband's birthday. I inquired as to whether the rooms had whirlpool tubs in them. Ms Fletcher stated they do not, but for an additional charge & if available, I may book the honeymoon suite. The honeymoon suite # 615 boasts a wrap around deck & private jacuzzi whirlpool tub. Since it was a special occasion, & the room was available, despite the significant up charge from the standard ocean view room, I felt it was meant to be.

When we arrived, we were greeted by your valet staff. They were courteous, & helpful. We were checked in by the very pleasant, & professional Elise. She made us feel welcomed & based on first impressions, I was certain our stay would be wonderful. A bit later, Elise sent a beautiful note & some chocolate dipped strawberries to our room in celebration of my husband's birthday. It was a very touching sentiment & very much appreciated.

We decided to relax in the hot tub. First we discovered that the light didn't work- ok, no biggie. However, the jets did not work either! The basic water circulation worked as the 2 1" water intakes worked, & 1 small jet on the opposite side barely circulated the water. You could not see the water move with your eye, but could feel very weak pressure in front of it. Given that we have experience with hot tubs, we tried to get the jets to work to no avail.

The next morning I was immediately greeted by Dave at the front desk, & I asked that the tub be repaired. Dave listened attentively & I told him the only reason I spared no expense on the room was for the whirlpool tub. He wanted to bring this to his supervisor's attention, so after waiting for awhile, We spoke with Jeremy- (front desk manager) By now, two of the staff had already confessed that the issue with the hot tub had been long standing. With one stating 1 month, & another stating 3 months.) Jeremy told me that he would have someone from engineering evaluate the situation & he would call me. I explained the situation to him & the importance of having a hot tub. I told him we would gladly take a regular room if it could not be rectified, as this was quite an expensive room when the main reason for paying for such doesn't work properly.

Less than an hour later Jeremy called me to tell me the tub worked fine & we were to press the on button twice & we must not have done this properly. I asked if he had visually inspected to see the jets all worked & he said he had. He requested that we call engineering & have them instruct us as to the operation of the tub.

When we returned from the beach we were extremely disappointed to see that #1. Our room was not even cleaned/made up. #2. Brian from engineering agreed with us that the pump motor on the tub was not functioning properly, & he said it hadn't since he had been there 4 months!!

At check out, I addressed this with Jeremy who argued with me that the tub was working correctly. When I pressed & asked why it was that not one of the large jets worked- he told me It was unreasonable to expect them to!! To which I stated that the manufacturers do not put jets in hot tubs for decoration.

We frequented the bar area Wednesday night & the young lady was very personable & made one heck of a Manhattan! Joseph served us breakfast & it was wonderful!

This resort has so many possibilities & potential; however, management's response to legitimate concerns went unanswered & argued in a condescending manner. As a business owner myself, I would encourage Jeremy to explore his employment options elsewhere.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Guest Relations Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to hear of the many staff members who provided excellent service. Your compliments will be shared with all personnel. It sounds like your celebration started off the right way but unfortunately did not come through as promised. We apologize for the shortcomings of your accommodations. I encourage you to contact the Manager of Rooms, Androse Bell directly to discuss your concerns. We would love to have the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!