“The perfect stay..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Copenhagen, Denmark
“The perfect stay..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Really nice place on the beach. Great food (even at the bar) and great staff.. Go see Lorrie at the bar.. She has been there for 10 years and makes the perfect cocktail :-)
The only thing that makes me give them 4 and not 5 in my rating is the valet parking.. After my stay the car looked like it was parked on the beach, covered in sand.. They told me that next time I could ask them to park it inside.. So remember that.. They should have informed me to begin with instead of when I left the place.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view and NOT the bay view.. The ones who did told me it was so bad..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My honey and I stayed in one of the King ocean Front rooms for one night and the bed was so comfortable and plush but the best was the shower and the view from our balcony. So if you want a great romantic getaway go to the Shores.

• Stayed May 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visit this resort with the intention to reserve it for our upcoming beach wedding. What a disappointment!!!We reserve one of the best ocean view rooms, bathroom was dirty so they had to move us to another room. Rooms are very tiny traveled with our daughter and the sofa bed is so close to the Kings bed the only thing in between is a night table. Bathroom exhaust fan was broken we had to take turns of half hour breaks due to the amount of humidity in the walls and floors, a falling hazard. Restaurant service is horrible, food is bad and very expensive, only breakfast is fair. No amenities, pool area is very small and beach is not private. Half of the pool and restaurant porch was closed both days due to cleaning during resort hours. After 4:30pm nothing to do. guests have to visit local places which are empty due to lack of tourism. Bathroom Robes and towels were stained A Very Expensive want to be Resort Hotel. Very Disappointed!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very small pictures on website are very deceiving, sofabed is right next to King bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have stayed in a few hotels in Daytona Beach, and this one outshines them all. It is a beautiful, luxury hotel, with ocean view (full or partial) or riverview rooms, many with balconies. Check out the special packages - they are surprisingly affordable. Their Azure Restaurant, beautifully designed, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a bar by the pool, open until 11pm that serves food and drinks, with additional seating around lit fire pits, at night. Their signature S'mores, given at check-in, is a great way to meet other guests in the evening around the lit fire pits by the bar/pool area. This second visit was in celebration of our anniversary, and we are sure to return again.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with balcony and full ocean view. The balconies have two wrought iron chairs and a...
tehran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First trip to Daytona and loved the place.
Super friendly and respectful staff. I have been to similar places, but I should say these people were so respectful!
I rescued a bird that was trapped in the sun-tan beds and the staff manager invited me for a free dinner! Room service was good they also extended my stay for 2 hours to let me check-out without hurdles.
They had complimentary shuttle to Airport. They have nice pool and Spa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Pros: Beautiful resort. Wonderful pool area. Cabana rental was worth the price and pool service at the cabana was spot on. The check-in Smores kit is a nice touch and we enjoyed sitting around the fire pits in the evening.

Cons:
Made reservations online with hotel directly. I reserved 2 rooms with king beds. Very disappointed to end up with 2 rooms with double beds. I don't know any adults that can sleep two in a double bed. Off to a bad start. Called the front desk and asked for king beds. I was told no and that my reservation stated double beds. I pulled my email confirmation and saw that the confirmation read, King bed or 2 doubles. I had no idea. I find it hard to believe a resort like the Shores would have double beds in this day and age! What couples can share a double bed, especially on a vacation where you are paying $259 per night? I felt ripped off.

Pool bar- There was marked difference between identical drinks made at the pool bar versus inside bar. The female at the pool bar could have cared less and poured a miserable drink. Extremely miserly with the alcohol. The guy at the inside bar poured a drink that matched the $12-14 price tag.

Dining:
I think Azure is the dining room name. We came down for breakfast on Sunday AM, around 9:30. It was chaotic, with the hostess' not having a clue. Note, we have stayed at this resort many times over the past 7 years, it never changes for dining. Service is disorganized and I watched several other guests walk out. On the plus side- the buffet (we ended up eating in the bar) was pretty darn good. And the freshly made omelets- worthy. The guy making the omelets could cook, but didn't greet you or speak to you. Which, when you are on vacation and happy, it's nice to be treated in a friendly manner.

Cleanliness: The rooms were clean and the beds- while ridiculously small, very comfortable.
The bathroom was clean, but when I dropped some cosmetics and they rolled under the open vanity, I realized that space hadn't been cleaned in ages. The underside of the vanities are all open, so it really should get mopped.

All in all- It is Daytona Beach and the Shores is not the Ritz. There were some disappointments, but overall, I'd return. Mainly because there isn't a nicer place in the area to stay. You are at the top of the food chain at the Shores.

Room Tip: Hotel is a bit noisy. The doors slam, so afternoon naps can be tricky. We were on the 6th floor.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Originally from the Daytona Beach area, the Shores Resort is most likely the nicest hotel on the beach in this area. There were a few unfortunate events which are worth noting; be sure to arrive before check-in time as when we arrived, we found that they had overbooked the ocean view with balcony rooms...we were not happy but only had to spend one night in an two double bed room with an ocean view with no balcony. Managment did apologise and there were loads of people inconvenienced as we were. Be sure they pay you for this with money off at the restaurant or the bar! They are not the most skilled at dealing with a crowd...altough they tried, they were visibly incompetent in dealing with problems at check-in. The room was very nice, a little shabby around the edges but if you have stayed in the area, it is probably the best you can do.The restaurant food is great and overall the service by the bar/restaurant was excellent...we only had one problem where the food came before the wine arrived...which was red when we oredered white...be sure they do not charge you for mistakes made...this is a very nice resort which charges enough that the staff should be well trained and know that Sauvignon Blanc is white (at $12.99 a glass-you do not expect mistakes)!
I would reccomend this hotel but do come prepared for some problems.

Room Tip: Definitely ocean view with balcony and a few floors up as the pool deck/tiki bar are a little noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!