Pros: Beautiful resort. Wonderful pool area. Cabana rental was worth the price and pool service at the cabana was spot on. The check-in Smores kit is a nice touch and we enjoyed sitting around the fire pits in the evening.
Made reservations online with hotel directly. I reserved 2 rooms with king beds. Very disappointed to end up with 2 rooms with double beds. I don't know any adults that can sleep two in a double bed. Off to a bad start. Called the front desk and asked for king beds. I was told no and that my reservation stated double beds. I pulled my email confirmation and saw that the confirmation read, King bed or 2 doubles. I had no idea. I find it hard to believe a resort like the Shores would have double beds in this day and age! What couples can share a double bed, especially on a vacation where you are paying $259 per night? I felt ripped off.
Pool bar- There was marked difference between identical drinks made at the pool bar versus inside bar. The female at the pool bar could have cared less and poured a miserable drink. Extremely miserly with the alcohol. The guy at the inside bar poured a drink that matched the $12-14 price tag.
I think Azure is the dining room name. We came down for breakfast on Sunday AM, around 9:30. It was chaotic, with the hostess' not having a clue. Note, we have stayed at this resort many times over the past 7 years, it never changes for dining. Service is disorganized and I watched several other guests walk out. On the plus side- the buffet (we ended up eating in the bar) was pretty darn good. And the freshly made omelets- worthy. The guy making the omelets could cook, but didn't greet you or speak to you. Which, when you are on vacation and happy, it's nice to be treated in a friendly manner.
Cleanliness: The rooms were clean and the beds- while ridiculously small, very comfortable.
The bathroom was clean, but when I dropped some cosmetics and they rolled under the open vanity, I realized that space hadn't been cleaned in ages. The underside of the vanities are all open, so it really should get mopped.
All in all- It is Daytona Beach and the Shores is not the Ritz. There were some disappointments, but overall, I'd return. Mainly because there isn't a nicer place in the area to stay. You are at the top of the food chain at the Shores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shores Resort & Spa is located on the edge of beautiful Daytona Beach, Florida, both close to the action and away from the action. A short five minute drive from Downtown Daytona Beach, The Shores Resort & Spa is the only AAA Four-Diamond luxury beachfront hotel in Central Florida. Our amenities include waterfront views, balconies, spacious sundeck with swimming pool, Tiki Bar, jacuzzi, beachfront cabanas, and much, much more. The only way to experience the luxury is to visit The Shores Resort & Spa today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Shores Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Resort Daytona Beach
- Shores Hotel Daytona Beach