I thought I had written this review last fall but it doesn't seem to be here so I'll try again. :-)
My husband and I spent two fabulous nights at The Shores in Daytona Beach in October of last year (2012). I had gotten an email from a travel website called SniqueAway with a promotional rate for this hotel. The timing was perfect as we were headed to Daytona Beach but hadn't booked a hotel as of then. It turns out the promotional rate wasn't much better than the rate on the hotel's own website but regardless, it was still a good deal so we read some reviews on TripAdvisor and we booked it right away!
We were greeted warmly upon arrival by the valets and even nicer by the front desk staff person. I wish could remember her name because she was extremely nice and friendly. We had a rental car and self-parking was available across the street for free or via valet for a charge. We used the self-parking to save a few dollars, which was okay as there was a sky walk to get back to the hotel. The only concern we had was about our car being vandalized as it didn't appear as though the lot was attended but we didn't have any issues while we were there and it seemed to be a well lit parking lot with lots of people always coming and going.
Our room was beautiful! Spacious and clean! We had an ocean front balcony, which had an incredible view of the beach and the Atlantic ocean. Our king size bed was super comfortable and we had a great sleep both nights. We were provided bathrobes, which was a nice added touch. The bathroom was also spacious and clean. The shower had a half glass door (not a full door or curtain) so we found at times that a lot of water got out onto the actual floor of the bathroom, which was a bit of a nuisance. Also, there were no shelves or racks in the shower for soap or shampoo. This wasn't a major issue but just odd as everything had to be laid on the floor.
The pool area was pretty! There were a lot of chairs around so there was always a place to sit. The lounge chairs however, were dated and not overly comfortable. After an hour or so laying on them, our backs were gone. They could use new ones. Same with the pool towels, they were worn and small. There did seem to be a lot of ants on the ground of the pool area so we made sure to keep our bags and clothes up on tables and chairs. Access to the beach was one small staircase away and the section of beach in front of the hotel was great! We ate (and drank) at the poolside bar; the food was fantastic and our bartender was friendly and fun! In the evenings, the hotel lit what they called "fire cauldrons" and you could sit around the fire under the stars and roast marshmallows to make s'mores (which were available from the hotel for a charge).
The location of this hotel is further down the strip that we've ever stayed while in Daytona Beach but we had a car so we had easy access to restaurants and shops. However, if you don't have a vehicle, it is quite a hike from the main boardwalk area.
If we went to Daytona Beach again, we'd definitely stay at The Shores Resort and Spa and we highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shores Resort & Spa is a luxury boutique resort located on a quiet stretch of beautiful beachfront property in the town of Daytona Beach Shores, Florida. A short five minute drive from Downtown Daytona Beach, The Shores Resort & Spa is the only AAA Four-Diamond luxury beachfront hotel in Central Florida. Our amenities include waterfront rooms with balconies, oceanfront dining, full service spa, spacious sundeck with swimming pool, oceanfront firepits, Tiki Bar, jacuzzi, private beachfront cabanas, and much, much more. The only way to experience the luxury is to visit The Shores Resort & Spa today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Shores Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Resort Daytona Beach
- Shores Hotel Daytona Beach