“Average hotel in upscale packaging” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Average hotel in upscale packaging”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel was rated 4 stars on the review site. It is a decently remodeled property, pretty clean, quiet but the bathrooms could use a more full upgrade. The showerhead was great, a waterfall style. The bed had a pillowtop mattress that was really soft. I think this hotel should be rated 3 stars though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I originally booked my stay with hotels.com and upon arrival, everything fell apart. We booked an ocean front room and was given a partial ocean that looked at the garbage containers in the parking lot, come on people I know it was a third party site but really? do you actually want guest to return. After talking to the manager we were placed in an ocean front room whose balcony wasw being replace so was not useable, ok another trip to the front desk (now this is over an hour into our arrival) finally get an ocean front room with a useable deck. (Originally told that none was availble do to renovation and had to show the rooms availble to manager). There was no one dinning in the resturant for dinner so we skipped it. Breakfast was fine but I couldnt understand why they put the buffet in the bar instead of the resturant. The views are lovely and s'mores in the rooms was a treat. The fire pits are great. Overall I would say the hotel is really trying to get their act together and I would recommend staying there.

Room Tip: stay away from the partial view on the southeast end of the property, they look onto the garbage bin...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My only problem with this property is I never want to leave!!!! The food is excellent the service divine and the spa is amazing! The pool bar always has the best staff and they tend to you like you are royalty!! The Ocean Front rooms are the best but by acccident I booked a smaller one thru expedia and it was still nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The whole family went on Christmas Day. We stayed for the night. Had the brunch & it was fantastic. Sat around the fire pit in the evening and made s'mores with the kids. Great rooms lays clean & great service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fremont, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Check in was a breeze. We upgraded to oceanfront view for minimal charge, it was so worth it. We stayed on the 7th floor, it was perfect! It was the first time my 5 yr. old Son had seen the ocean. He asked if we could move there.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Customer service was wonderful. Very relaxing and the dining was very nice as well. We also found a place close by called Aunt Catfish's ( I believe) which was also great! I was very pleased. Being in the hospitality business myself I find myself always critiquing (sp) but I am here to tellya... LOVED IT!

I will be back, Soon I hope!

Room Tip: If your gonna be hanging out at the beach and motel a lot, I say ocean front. If its business and yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

the hotel and staff are wonderful. the smores are great, it was a great experience with my family and the kids had a great time. when a hotel thinks of the kids you know they care.

If you want to be pampered and stay on the beach..dont go anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Chrisy and I booked our visit through Travelzoo in September 2012. The $99.00 rate was attractive for a 5 star property.We were not disappointed.We did have to pay a $20.00 resort fee in addition. We did self park in the lot across the street..Of course the Hotel has a enclosed walk over bridge,..nice.The Valet, Alex, was very helpfull and made us feel welcome.
Our suite was perfect .The coffee maker,2 cups, made good coffee.
After getting settled we went to the Lounge for our complimentory cocktails and wine. Clinton Thomas ,our bartender, was great..and made us feel welcome..Chrisy got her Merlot and my Bourbon shaken was perfect...Beam was the House Bourbon,my choice at home.We order sandwich's and dinner salad at the bar, and visited with Clinton. My Steak -Cheese was perfect with a crisp salad. Chris had the Chicken Club. With my second Bourbon our check was $28.00.. The Dinner menu in the Azure Restaurant was a little pricey..$28.00 for the Maui Maui. After dinner I did some photo shooting.. The Fire Pits were Lite by the pool. The Tiki Hut is cute, but was closed that evening, too cool and windy...But some snowbirds were in the Pool..We retired to the room for the evening..Nice Big Flat screen for Chrisy and I Had my WIFI . On the Balcony I could hear Music, but when the heavy slider door was closed it was silent in the room.. We slept like Baby's...
The Sunrise from our balcony was FABULOUS...Jennifer did our check out..$21.30..as we had paid Travelzoo the $99.00. :IMPORTANT: Have your Travelzoo Confirmation # with you so you don't get charged twice...
Our stay was 100% First Class and we will return another day, on a future FLORIDA
ROADTRIP.
Night temp was 60f Outside Jan 15th, and 79f in the Day.

Room Tip: "Ask for a room at the top".Our Suite#1011 corner was perfect..Bring you Travelzoo Confirm...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!