“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

the hotel and staff are wonderful. the smores are great, it was a great experience with my family and the kids had a great time. when a hotel thinks of the kids you know they care.

If you want to be pampered and stay on the beach..dont go anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Chrisy and I booked our visit through Travelzoo in September 2012. The $99.00 rate was attractive for a 5 star property.We were not disappointed.We did have to pay a $20.00 resort fee in addition. We did self park in the lot across the street..Of course the Hotel has a enclosed walk over bridge,..nice.The Valet, Alex, was very helpfull and made us feel welcome.
Our suite was perfect .The coffee maker,2 cups, made good coffee.
After getting settled we went to the Lounge for our complimentory cocktails and wine. Clinton Thomas ,our bartender, was great..and made us feel welcome..Chrisy got her Merlot and my Bourbon shaken was perfect...Beam was the House Bourbon,my choice at home.We order sandwich's and dinner salad at the bar, and visited with Clinton. My Steak -Cheese was perfect with a crisp salad. Chris had the Chicken Club. With my second Bourbon our check was $28.00.. The Dinner menu in the Azure Restaurant was a little pricey..$28.00 for the Maui Maui. After dinner I did some photo shooting.. The Fire Pits were Lite by the pool. The Tiki Hut is cute, but was closed that evening, too cool and windy...But some snowbirds were in the Pool..We retired to the room for the evening..Nice Big Flat screen for Chrisy and I Had my WIFI . On the Balcony I could hear Music, but when the heavy slider door was closed it was silent in the room.. We slept like Baby's...
The Sunrise from our balcony was FABULOUS...Jennifer did our check out..$21.30..as we had paid Travelzoo the $99.00. :IMPORTANT: Have your Travelzoo Confirmation # with you so you don't get charged twice...
Our stay was 100% First Class and we will return another day, on a future FLORIDA
ROADTRIP.
Night temp was 60f Outside Jan 15th, and 79f in the Day.

Room Tip: "Ask for a room at the top".Our Suite#1011 corner was perfect..Bring you Travelzoo Confirm...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived December 30th for a work retreat. We loved it all. From check in, where Neal expedited our check in 2 hours early. We were very happy with our oceanfront lanai room. We thought we would not like the location close to the kitchen but the room was extremely quiet, clean & relatively spacious. The oceanfront lanai provided the perfect amount of privacy & easy access to the pool & Jacuzzi which we did not use because it was chilly the days we were there. Lea in the lobby bar is knowledgeable, personable & an expert in the local area. She recommended restaurants for our New Years Eve signing as we couldn't get a reservation in Azure that night. We ate inn Azure on our arrival. Rosemary bread was perfect. I ordered Scallop dish which was cooked perfectly. My husband had a file which was generous portion & he loved it. The house (side) salad was unusually cold & unenjoyable for me. Our table of 10 was served at the same time & all enjoyed. Did not have dessert. We stayed & enjoyed a New Years Eve party in the lobby bar, complete with a DJ & dance floor. House was packed & service again was excellent. Breakfast bar was also delicious, warm & generous selections. Room service was great. We self parked & my one & only complaint is paying for parking. This fee should be part of the rate, not an additional fee.

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Definitely a forgettable experience. They charged us $59 resort fee for two days. The resort fee is for the coffee in your room, WIFI, newspaper (which is not delivered to your room;) and self-parking (we used valet parking, so were charged twice).
There was no hair dryer in the room, and a call to the front desk sent us searching through the closet three times before the individual at the other end was convinced that there was in fact no hair dryer in our room;
The window would not open, nor close, which was pointed out upon our arrival, but nothing was done;
The bed mattress was extremely well used
Every couple of weeks we receive an email from the Shores offering us $99 rooms with a view of the ocean, and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Well the room did not have a view of the ocean, nor was there any free champagne, nor was there a $99 rate to be had.
If this is the type of service we can look forward at other Stash Hotels, we will definitely take our frequent travel business elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Public Relations Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am terribly sorry you were disappointed with your stay at The Shores Resort & Spa -- it is always our goal to exceed guest expectations - and we clearly did not meet yours. We did run a special promotion that included a complimentary bottle of Champagne - I am not sure why it was not given to you -- but please reach out to me directly and we will try to make sure you are compensated. You can email me at skeaveney@shoresresort.com

Kind regards,

Susan
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the this hotel for one night. We were there this month (December). It was a little chilly but we were able to enjoy the outdoor hot tub and have dinner and lunch outside.
We had the Mahi Mahi, Mac and Cheese, a Salad and wine. All was excellent. I would highly suggest this restaurant even if you are not staying at this hotel.

My one complaint is the room. It could use some updates, but overall it was clean and the bed was comfy.

We attempted to make reservations for a massage when we got there, but they were booked up. So schedule ahead even in off seasons.

I might stay here again, unless I found a better price somewhere else. There are lots of choices in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Well to start the staff including the valet was so nice to us. That practically spoiled us, to start when there van shuttle was in use when we arrived to Daytona Airport. They sent a limousine Which was so great and unexpected. The location we stayed on the 10th floor in the partial ocean view suite and the view was awesome and didn't at all seem like a partial view. The staff accommodated us as much as they could. The best staff by far of any hotel I ever stayed in and that is many of them. Anytime I ever come back to Daytona Beach that will be the only place I stay well worth it. I have told all my friend family and co workers about the The Shores Resort and Spa. I can't thank them enough for treating me well during my stay

Room Tip: The higher rooms are better and the balcony is nice but don't get it if you don't plan on sp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Shores is very proud of it's fantastic team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work. Make sure to come visit us on your next trip to Daytona Beach!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Shuttle service was awesome. The rooms were ok. Bathrooms a little small. A little far from the strip. Inside lobby was beautiful and the azure food was pretty good. Bartender was knowledgeable about area and friendly. The "river view " is not the greatest ....bed was super comfy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!