“Extremely Disappointing Stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Shores Resort and Spa

You added Shores Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Shores Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118 (Formerly Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort)   |
Offers & Announcements
Receive 15% Off!
Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Extremely Disappointing Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Definitely a forgettable experience. They charged us $59 resort fee for two days. The resort fee is for the coffee in your room, WIFI, newspaper (which is not delivered to your room;) and self-parking (we used valet parking, so were charged twice).
There was no hair dryer in the room, and a call to the front desk sent us searching through the closet three times before the individual at the other end was convinced that there was in fact no hair dryer in our room;
The window would not open, nor close, which was pointed out upon our arrival, but nothing was done;
The bed mattress was extremely well used
Every couple of weeks we receive an email from the Shores offering us $99 rooms with a view of the ocean, and a complimentary bottle of champagne. Well the room did not have a view of the ocean, nor was there any free champagne, nor was there a $99 rate to be had.
If this is the type of service we can look forward at other Stash Hotels, we will definitely take our frequent travel business elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Public Relations Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am terribly sorry you were disappointed with your stay at The Shores Resort & Spa -- it is always our goal to exceed guest expectations - and we clearly did not meet yours. We did run a special promotion that included a complimentary bottle of Champagne - I am not sure why it was not given to you -- but please reach out to me directly and we will try to make sure you are compensated. You can email me at skeaveney@shoresresort.com

Kind regards,

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the this hotel for one night. We were there this month (December). It was a little chilly but we were able to enjoy the outdoor hot tub and have dinner and lunch outside.
We had the Mahi Mahi, Mac and Cheese, a Salad and wine. All was excellent. I would highly suggest this restaurant even if you are not staying at this hotel.

My one complaint is the room. It could use some updates, but overall it was clean and the bed was comfy.

We attempted to make reservations for a massage when we got there, but they were booked up. So schedule ahead even in off seasons.

I might stay here again, unless I found a better price somewhere else. There are lots of choices in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Well to start the staff including the valet was so nice to us. That practically spoiled us, to start when there van shuttle was in use when we arrived to Daytona Airport. They sent a limousine Which was so great and unexpected. The location we stayed on the 10th floor in the partial ocean view suite and the view was awesome and didn't at all seem like a partial view. The staff accommodated us as much as they could. The best staff by far of any hotel I ever stayed in and that is many of them. Anytime I ever come back to Daytona Beach that will be the only place I stay well worth it. I have told all my friend family and co workers about the The Shores Resort and Spa. I can't thank them enough for treating me well during my stay

Room Tip: The higher rooms are better and the balcony is nice but don't get it if you don't plan on sp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shoresresort, Manager at Shores Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Shores is very proud of it's fantastic team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work. Make sure to come visit us on your next trip to Daytona Beach!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Shuttle service was awesome. The rooms were ok. Bathrooms a little small. A little far from the strip. Inside lobby was beautiful and the azure food was pretty good. Bartender was knowledgeable about area and friendly. The "river view " is not the greatest ....bed was super comfy.

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and two young children stayed here for a business trip. The first room we had was just okay and my kids felt crowded in the pull out sofa bed. We also had a problem with the shower not working. So we upgraded to a room on the first level with sliding doors to the outdoor patio/pool. Two queen beds worked well and this room was nicer. After the kids went to sleep, we sat outside on the patio and had a few drinks, listening to the waves and looking at the stars. (Liquor store close by!) We had a car here and the parking was across the street, but they had a covered walkway over the street right to the front door. The valet attendants were very nice and helpful. The food at restaurant is pretty good, but the service a little slow. Very nice indoor and outdoor seating. Patio has gas fire pits, a bar, a small heated pool, a pretty big hot tub, small kiddy pool, and cabanas for rent. The beach is right outside of the gate. Daytona is not a super nice area so we preferred to stay on site or drive to dinner. You wouldn't want to walk around the town.

• Stayed December 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Husband brought me here for my birthday and it was awesome. Rooms are nice, the beds are awesome, the beach view gives you a perfect look at the ocean when you wake up. They were renovating while I was here and cant wait to see what they did to improve. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If on the Ocean view side try to request higher floor so that you can leave the balcony door open wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that your stay with us made your birthday extra special! We hope that you and you husband celebrate your next birthday with us as well!
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Got a decent price online for the hotel. Pleasantly surprised when we got there. Very pleasant staff and housekeepers. The room was very nice with a very comfortable bed, slept like a rock. Had the bed and breakfast package, so my wife and I were able to enjoy the breakfast at the Azure restaurant which was very delicious. I Have had better waitresses though. The restaurant wasn't even busy and I constantly had to flag down someone for different items. However that is officially my only complaint about our stay. Everything else was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shores Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!