Pros: Luxurious lobby, bar, restaurant, awesome views from wrap-around balcony rooms, pool, cabanas, allows pets, on nicer section of beach, updated and well maintained, great service/staff.
Cons: Expensive, pets not allowed anywhere on property except room, $50 per day extra pet charge, restaurant food wasn't that good, parking situation (across street or valet), wi-fi unreliable to non-existent, large screen plasma TV but no HD, extra charges.
With resort fees, one dinner tab and one mini-bar tab, our four night stay was over $1700, plus tips.
Parking is valet or across the street. There's a covered pedestrian bridge, but the elevator was out of service the first couple of days making it difficult to load stuff in and out.
You can use valet if you don't come and go a lot, but it is $10 more per day plus tips. An attendant mentioned that valet parking is free for hybrids.
When I made the reservation, they mentioned a $50 pet fee. They didn't mention that was per day. Pets aren't allowed in patio/tiki bar area or anywhere except rooms and lobby coming and going. They will allow pets to stay in room unattended (in crate) but we don't like to do that. There's a nice city park next door for walking the dog, and there are nice dog beaches at Ponce Inlet and Smyrna Dunes.
This hotel was originally a Hilton years ago, and was featured in the NASCAR movie Days of Thunder. It was fabulous back then, and the nicest on the beach. The new owners have maintained it very nicely, the "king suite" rooms are a bit on the small side but if you get one with the spacious wrap-around balcony the views are awesome. Staff is friendly and provides great service.
It's a very relaxing, fairly luxurious and romantic place. Probably not great for business travel, especially if you need wi-fi. The bar is pretty nice, skip the restaurant. Try Porto Fino just a couple of blocks down the street for passable American/Italian, or Blackbeard's in New Smyrna for fresh grouper or prime rib.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shores Resort & Spa is a luxury boutique resort located on a quiet stretch of beautiful beachfront property in the town of Daytona Beach Shores, Florida. A short five minute drive from Downtown Daytona Beach, The Shores Resort & Spa is the only AAA Four-Diamond luxury beachfront hotel in Central Florida. Our amenities include waterfront rooms with balconies, oceanfront dining, full service spa, spacious sundeck with swimming pool, oceanfront firepits, Tiki Bar, jacuzzi, private beachfront cabanas, and much, much more. The only way to experience the luxury is to visit The Shores Resort & Spa today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Shores Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shores Resort Daytona Beach
- Shores Hotel Daytona Beach