“Better than most reviews indicsted” 5 of 5 stars

Oceanside Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1909 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #71 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Better than most reviews indicsted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm glad I booked the unit prior to reading reviews. My room was clean the staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel is 2 miles from the pier so if you want a nice quiet location this is your end of the beach. The tiki bar was open from noon and live music played Fri and Sun and a DJ was there Sat. The continental breakfast is as advertised, cereal and rolls. They have a dining area where you can purchase breakfast if you want something else. I feel that I got exactly what was advertised snd we really enjoyed our stay. View from tbe 9th floor is FANTASTIC!

• Stayed July 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Nancy B,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn! I'm thrilled to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your taking the time to give us your review. All feedback is extremely important to us. I'm glad you loved your 9th floor view! Nothing like waking up and looking out over the ocean. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Randy Goodell - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Luneburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent three days here and had a good time. The location is good, the staff is friendly, the hotel and rooms are clean. We were surprised of the roomsize, they are huge! The beach is good but a little bit dirty. It's nothing special about the hotel but it is good and for $80 per night it's even better!

• Stayed July 2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear MarvinFu,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us on Daytona Beach and liked the large size of our rooms. I'm also glad to hear our staff did a good job of serving you, we strive to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

LaGrange, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Oceanside inn. The only thing was that it did not have a balcony which we knew before we came. But we missed that from other trips to Florida. The room was great! The beds were very comfortable. The shower was also wonderful with great pressure, adjustable shower head and the entire bathroom was a good size. I would DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have a great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jessilyn9295,
Thank you so much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found the beds to be comfortable. Please come back and see us on the beach soon!

Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a rundown area with numerous vacant properties. There's a human element in parts of Daytona that is concerning, which makes hotel security important in my opinion. In fact someone attempted to steal gas out of my car one night in the hotel garage. With that said, the hotel door from the garage that the sign said was suppose to be locked after hours was never locked, doesn't indicate a focus on safety and security. The hotel advertises a bar and fitness center and both in theory exist. The bar is extremely small and has limited offerings and hours. The fitness center has two treadmills and a bike and is in a room about 10x14, not really a "fitness center" as I would envision it. Rooms are clean but the mattresses are the cheapest I've ever encountered anywhere and the furniture is old and dated.

The good news is if none of the above bothers you the rooms are clean and the price is good for in season beachfront.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Gene M,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry you didn't completely enjoy your experience. We strive to make sure each guest has a great time. Thank you for giving us your feedback. All guest feedback is important as it helps us to improve our property and services. We hope to give you a better experience next time.

Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at Oceanside Inn. The front desk and staff were very helpful and friendly. Had a ocean view the was awesome. The room was large and full kitchen. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is one of the best. The staff made the difference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Wanda M,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Oceanside Inn. We really appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to pass them along to our staff. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff served you well. We strive to give each guest a memorable experience. Thank you again and please come back and see us soon!

Deltona, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start by saying that when my family and I all walked into the room, we were in awe of how big the room was. 2 queen size beds, 2 couches, a dining table with 4 chairs and a FULL kitchen-all for less than $100 a night. But, once we were all in and walked to the other side of the room, we noticed that there was NOT a balcony :-( When I called and made reservations, I asked for the highest ocean front room available. I just would have thought that the person taking the reservation would have came out and stated that their entire hotel does not have balconys. My husband being a smoker, we would have rather been on the first floor for quick/easy access to the outside. But anyways, after we got over the no balcony issue :-) we really enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and like I said having an entire kitchen was a plus too! The pool was huge and it was open 24/7! During the day they have a little tiki bar with a little one man band-who was excellent! Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Make sure if your expecting a balcony, that you ask if your room will have one!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Jesaka M,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. Yes, we don't have any balconies. We have a lot of photos online and on the travel websites that show that we do not. We do wish we could provide them to our guests though! Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

ok like most people i was a little skeptical after reading reviews but this hotel is fine!! great even. Ive posted several pictures I hope help
the staff may be a little lack luster. not mean, you can just tell they dont care to be working but once you check in you dont have to deal with them. I took my boyfriend to daytona for his bday we stayed 6/09-6/11 our room (720) was clean & ready before check in so we got there early no problem. the room was clean (I lysol anyway. cant hurt.) bed is soft. no bugs in the room. no dirty stained carpet, chairs or floor. the "mold" in the shower is just like the kind everyone has at home, its inevitable people!! the pool was nice some sand in the bottom (we are right on the beach)there is a $5.95 charge for resort fees not hidden. we didnt eat the free brkfsr but we did use the WIFI and looked at the dvds they had a nice selection. for the price, location & condition I'd absolutly stay here again!!

Dear arickag0,
Thank you so much for talking the time to give us your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time and let other know that our resort is a high quality. Please come back and see us again soon!

Randy Goodell - General Manager

Been to Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!