This was our third stay at the Hampton Inn in Daytona Beach Shores. The location is great, right on the beach within 5 minutes of the Daytona boardwalk, and 10 minutes of Ponce Inlet.
The hotel is kept spotlessly clean with the usual amenities that Hampton Inns provide, including a free hot breakfast buffet in the morning from 6:30 to 10:00 and warm fresh cookies in the evening after 7:30. They also have complimentary popcicles for the kids, and on Saturday afternoons there is a pool-side cook-out and karioke with a DJ and some of the best burgers and hot dogs around, along with soft drinks for the kids and rum punch for the parents. Outstanding.
The swimming pool is large, with a 3' shallow end and 5' deep end. No diving board or kiddie pool, but plenty of relaxation and fun for everyone. The hotel provides pool and beach toys, and folding beach chairs in storage lockers at the pool, just grab what you want and go play. Our kids (5 and 2) had as much fun at the pool as on the beach, and it's a great way to unwind after a day in the surf. There is also a small hot tub, but with the temperature in the 90s and the pool feeling like bath water already I couldn't imagine hopping into the hot tub. Maybe in November.
The beach is just a few steps below the pool deck, down the stairs and you're on the beautiful white powder sand that Daytona is famous for.
The hotel itself is not a new building, and from the front could easily be passed by as nothing special, but a closer look tells a different story. The design is "L" shaped, with most of the rooms ocean-front. The rest have an great ocean view to the left and a beautiful view of the Halifax river to the right. There is ample free parking on site and across the street. We never had to park across the street, but it's a short walk.
The rooms are very nice, kept in good condition and very clean. Everything works, everything is comfortable. There is an in-room safe, free WiFi, a dorm-size refrigerator and microwave oven, which are wonderful for quick meals in the room when the kids are more ready for a nap than lunch. I could only find one negative to the room and that is the airconditioner, which is a wall unit, common to many hotels. The ones here are new and in good condition, but like all of their kind can be a bit loud. I usually set the fan to run at low speed on this type of A/C unit at night to make it easy to sleep, but these do not have that option, and cycle on and off. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but I'd have preferred a steady fan at night.
There is little more I can say about the hotel except that it is a credit to Sandy, Donna, and the entire staff who truly love what they do and do an outstanding job, often going out of their way to care for their guests. It's a great feeling to be recognized and welcomed back after a 2 year hiatus due to our newest being born. We already look forward to coming back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning ocean views, free WiFi and hot breakfast daily in our recently renovated hotel in March 2014. Our Hampton Inn Daytona-Shores Oceanfront hotel features 110 comfortable guest rooms with microwaves and mini-fridges, heated oceanfront pool, whirlpool and fitness center. We are located close to Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Lagoon Water Park, Kennedy Space Center, LPGA International and many great local attractions for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hampton Inn Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Hampton Inn