“Very Good Price and Beach Views with Balcony” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #16 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida
“Very Good Price and Beach Views with Balcony”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As indicated by previous reviewers, the professionalism of the front desk staff was second to none. They're just so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I opted for a room with beach views and I wasn't disappointed. My very much clean room is located on the 6th floor and so I had an unobstructed view of the beach. The hotels offers free onsite parking, wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Orange Park
1,162 helpful votes 1,162 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

While the hotel is a typical Hampton Inn, it is the front desk staff (Maureen, Rachel, and Sammy to name just a few) that makes this a property worth coming back to. They are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and truly make you feel welcomed. The hotel is located in a more tranquil part of Daytona Beach area. Hotel and pool area are very clean and well maintained and they are in the process of making improvement to the Breakfast area and lobby. Breakfast was typical of Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgantown PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have always stayed at the Daytona Hilton in the past. The Hampton has nice ocean view rooms, onsite parking, a good breakfast and an excellent staff. If I had a meeting to attend at the Hilton, we would go back there for convenience sake.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was great and friendly and professional. When I stay in Daytona again it will be at this Hampton Inn again. They have fresh cookies at night. It is close to just about all the main restaurant ect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is always clean and the staff is great. Donna, the manager will take care of you. She's a tough cookie, but knows her stuff and can give you directions to anything or great places to eat some local food.

Room Tip: Got to do the ocean front
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Athens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My stays at Hampton Inn Hotels have never disappointed me and this hotel is no exception. The only thing is I usually have to get to the hotel before I am impressed! This time I was impressed before I got there due to or maybe I should say thanks to an ISSUE I had with Travelocity when I made my reservation which took me, the assistant manager (Donna) and the general manager (Sandy) at Hampton Inn a whole week and many calls back and forward to them and their dealings with Travelocity to get the issue straightend out. I felt like they had become my newest best friends. No joke! I met Donna as soon as I arrived and she was just as nice in person as she was on the phone. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Sandy but maybe next time.
Our stay was from Dec. 28th- Jan.5th. The only thing that kept this from being a perfect vacation was the weather. Just 2 or 3 days of sunshine and 65-75 degress weather. The rest of the time it was over casted and rainy. No matter, we were there to rest and get away from all the stress life can sometimes bring.
Our room was on the 8th floor, no wait for either of the elevators.The room was very clean and comfortable,beautiful view of the ocean and beach from our private balcony. A sight I wish that I could of taken with me when I left. Every morning when I went down to get coffee and watch the sun come up I would have a daily newspaper waiting at our door to the room. I would sometimes sit in the dining room and watch the news on TV while waiting for the sun and breakfast that began at 6:00 am which was awesome. Always a hot breakfast including waffels and there was cereal, fruit, danish, juices, yogart and etc. The ladies that worked in the dining area were friendly and kept everything filled. Made a person feel like they were at home. Actually this was better than home because I didn't have to do anything but enjoy. Watching the sun come up over the ocean which you are seeing from you table was one to make you stop and thank God for the gifts he has given us. A young guy every morning when it wasn't raining was cleaning the pool area and always greeted me with a smile and a goodmorning and when he wasn't outside working he was cleanng in the lobby. He was putting up Christmas decoration the day before we left every time I seem him he acted like he enjoyed working at the hotel.
Will we be back? You bet ya. My thanks to all that took the time to read this and I hope you will find this to be helpful if you decide to stay at Daytona Beach and a big thanks to all the staff for making our weeks vacation a great on one and for of making us feel at home before we got there and during our entire stay.
Hope to see everyone again and have a great New Year!
Submitted by Barbara Erwin in Tennessee

Room Tip: If you want an awesome view of the ocean and beach ask for a oceanfront room and not a ocean view r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Central Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Friendly service. Complimentary breakfast with a great selection and complimentary 24 hour coffee/tea bar which we made use of throughout the day. Beautiful view from our room!
Our family loved the drive on the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!