Checking into the hotel was easy as I had prepaid the room in advance, the young lady that checked us in could have been more cheerful and friendly but once we opened the door to our room she was all but forgotten. The view from the room is priceless and falling asleep to the ocean waves crashing is a wonderful experience. The room was clean but had a chemical smell (cleaning agent?) so we opened the balcony door to air out the room and let the sound of the ocean in and never shut it again the two days we stayed, not because of the smell (the smell was gone in less than 5 minutes after opening the door) but the sound and smell of the ocean. There was no screen on the balcony door which was a disappointment, we had to sadly shut the door one evening due to bugs flying in. the lobby has fresh baked cookies in the evening so when we came back from walking across the street to eat dinner we each had a cookie for dessert. The hotel is set up quite nicely for beach access with the entrance to the outdoor pool, then go through the pool gate and your on the beach. We were very pleased with this set up and enjoyed ourselves. The pool was clean, the hot tub was small but operated nicely as we used it a couple times a day. This hotel is located in a quieter area of the beach instead of being right in the middle of the action of Daytona Beach - which was a why we picked this hotel in the first place. My days of partying hard and making noise are long gone, I want peace, relaxation and romanic views and I wasn't disappointed. We watched the sunrise each morning from the comfort of our bed and private balcony which housed two plastic lawn chairs and a small side table.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning ocean views, free WiFi and hot breakfast daily in our recently renovated hotel in March 2014. Our Hampton Inn Daytona-Shores Oceanfront hotel features 110 comfortable guest rooms with microwaves and mini-fridges, heated oceanfront pool, whirlpool and fitness center. We are located close to Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Lagoon Water Park, Kennedy Space Center, LPGA International and many great local attractions for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hampton Inn Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Hampton Inn