“Best by far!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Lorraine Que
“Best by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

As a regular at this hotel I do not want to say too many nice things about it or maybe it will be full next time I want to stay.On a more serious note it has by far the best value on the beach. Great staff, impeccably clean, breakfast buffet and great views of the ocean.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I am super picky about the hotels i stay in and i read reviews like crazy to help make the final decision. My husband and I traveled with our two children and we orginally were going to stay in Walt Disney World...I could not find any hotels i liked so my husband suggested a beach stay somewhere and just drive...I started my search and found this hotel with great reviews! I immediately booked online and was so glad they had rooms available as i booked not even a week before we left.
We stayed April 16-19 and had a King room which was off the main lobby. I loved the location of the room because it was right next to the outdoor beach access and the breakfast room. The room was amazingly clean and the bed was comfortable for two adults and 2 children. The bathroom was huge, and the shower had great water pressure! The staff was amazing and we declined housekeeping just because i like to keep everything how it is in the room. This hotel is recommended highly from us and we loved how close it was to the beach, go any farther you will be swimming. We will be making many many more trips to this hotel in the future!!! The Manager and staff was amazing and made us feel like we were at home! The cost of the room was better then anywhere else and it's close to walmart , target and fast food restaurants! I read on here parking isn't good but the staff helps you find a place to park your vehicle and make sure its in a safe place if there isnt any parking, i cant say any other hotel would do that for its guests! Keep up the good work Sandy and staff this hotel is AWESOME!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in an oceanfront room, fourth floor. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The view from our balcony was fabulous. All hotel staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The room was a bit pricey but for this location it wasn't totally out of line.

One problem was a lack of beach chairs and umbrellas. There are some chairs available on a first come basis but no umbrellas. We were told that someone would come by with rentals but I was on the beach for hours and all I saw was the ice cream truck. Next time we'll bring our own.

We were accompanied by a pod of dolphins on our morning walk. They seemed to be keeping pace with us and were fun to watch. The sunrise was spectacular.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: One word, OceanFront
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We were in town for the cheer and dance nationals, so a number of the hotels were already booked. After looking at reviews online, I found the Hampton Inn. This is the first non-Marriott property we have stayed in for several years, and I was a little apprehensive. But this hotel was great! It was located within 5 miles of Ocean Center and the Boardwalk. So we were close, but not in the middle of all the craziness. The oceanfront room was perfect! The Daytona beach was so clean! Had to get used to the cars, though! The staff at the Hampton was so helpful and accommodating. I am fairly picky in terms of where we stay in terms of cleanliness, surroundings, convenience, etc. and we will definitely return to the Hampton the next time we're in Daytona!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Booked this hotel for one night at appx $200. Based on the TA reviews I thought it might be worth it. Wrong. Staff was friendly and responsive but the hotel is in need of renovation. One of the two Elevators did not work. All the Parking Lot lights were out which was concerning bc the rear of the bldg (parking lot, pool and rear entrance) was extremely dark. Rooms were ok but worn and old. If in the area again, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
SandyEllis, General Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Unfortunately, this guest did not experience the high standards we normally maintain. We have been waiting for a part from our elevator maintenance company, and apologize for the inconvenience caused by only having one elevator. Our team is frustrated by this situation as well! I am happy to report that we are in the process of installing new lights in our parking area. Maintaining a beachfront property is a constant challenge, and we strive to keep everything in good repair. We take our guest complaints (and compliments) very seriously, and will take measures to correct our issues. We sincerely hope you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to serve you.
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Oceanfront property with a wonderful and caring staff. Everyone that I came in contact with there inquired how my trip was going and if there was anything else they could do for me. I stayed with my 3 kids and everyone was great. From the time I stepped in until I left I felt catered to. The rooms were clean and comfortable with lots of room. Being an oceanfront property it was kept clean from sand. The views from the side blaconies were phenomenal. Elevators were not slow as some are. The morning breakfast was as other Hampton Inns, very nice. If travelling with children or just adults, this place is on the top of my list - and we stay at hotels 30 or so nights a year.

Room Tip: Use AA for a discount
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed at the hotel during Daytona Bike Week 2011. Nice rooms, big screen TV & included breakfast. Was able to swim laps in Pool. Staff was courteous and professional. Not a 4 star hotel, but not intended to be. Fitness center was sparse - only a treadmill, bike and eliptical - nothing else. Oveall, I would recommend wholeheartedly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront? Share your experiences!