“loved the hotel, even on Bike Week” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Largo, Florida
“loved the hotel, even on Bike Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

this is our second stay, at the ATI,
We went there on the last week end of Bike Week. Everybody know how busy ...Daytona can get on those days. well the ATI was great

We booked a little last minute, I apprehended the stay because of bike week :
we got a room on second flloor,view on pool and ocean accross the elevator door, obvously not the best location but QUIET QUIET QUIET
We were on pool side, I don't know if the parking/ocean view is loud
.the bikes are all together, but not allowed to be too loud, pool very clean and heated, beach steps away
we had an efficiency room. very clean.

We had to request more toilettries and towels, provided right away.

Now a note on the pool: bring your own beach towel, the towel provided are pretty small and thin, I had to use 6 for me, between drying and lounging...

ATI, CLEAN QUIET GREAT VIEW all on bike week...

PS: We went with my husband best friend (one room for 4 people) he said that hotel was NO GOOD, BECAUSE ITS SO GREAT YOU DONT WANT TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE HAHAHAH

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Daytona Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Wow! What a great place to hold a conference for our staff. Included with the exceptional atmosphere is a hotel staff willing to go above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. They privided us with a great conference to meet and teh food was fabulous. We will be back soon...Hopefully very soon!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Montauk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

Stayed at the Best Western Aku Tiki as I saw overall good reviews on the property. I chose this hotel as it is located directly on the beach. I selected a direct ocean front room with a private balcony. The hotel is very very well maintained. They obviously pay attention to detail in keeping up with the maintainience. The hallways are immaculate. No scuffs on the walls anywhere. The carpeting througout was very well maintained. There was a not a musty smell to be found which is very difficult for hotels located on the beach in Florida. The landscaping is very nicely done. Not a scuff mark on the walls anywhere. The paint on the wood work was perfect. Not a chip or blemish to be found. The rooms and common areas are extremely clean with very nice decor. Everything smelled great. The white groat in the bathroom tile shined. I was lulled to sleep by the sound of the surf and the crickets from down below. The rate was great. I can't say enough about this hotel. I was going to make a reservation on line at first but called to get some details. I spoke with someone who I think her name was "Mitch" or something close to that. She was an absolutely a doll. She gave me rates and let me know what was available without any nonsense. She then reserved a room for me. If you haven't figured it out by now I am a picky pain in the ..... I highly, highly recommned this hotel. Happy Travels.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

I did not actually stay at this hotel, but at a sister property a couple of miles away (Bahama House). I did feel compelled to write, however, because the staff at Best Western were very friendly and accomodating, as they allowed us to park our RV in their lot overnight. We did not find the Daytona Ocean Center/convention center staff to be helfpul or friendly at all, and our visit would have been ruined if it were not for the assistance of the Best Western staff. Hotel lobby was small but clean, location good, beach great. Many thanks!

Stayed January 2009
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed at the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn for two nights.It was a part of family vacation .We spend a lot of time traveling. This hotel is the worst one .We arrived at 10.00 pm and there was nobody at the front desk ,we had to wait and knock for 15 min. Finally we got a room , the smell in the room (mix of smoke and old carpet ) was very strong. We asked for another room but lady at frond desk told me she will not move us from one room to another ,because they are the same. I tried to get rid of smell by keeping a window open ,it did not work.The conditioner did nor work well ,it was making a strange noise.The room was not very clean ,this hotel did not deserve rating it has.location is great ,but the other hotels a very close to each other.My advise : go to Daytona Beach,DO NOT stay in Best Western Aku Tiki Inn.

• Liked — Beach .
  • Disliked — Room not clean .
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
detroit, mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

A few friends and I were staying at the Aku Tiki for a destination wedding. She had reserved a block of rooms at 5 Daytona hotels and we decided to go with this one. It was the cheapest and had the best reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel was very easy to find, right on Atlantic Drive near everything the city has to offer. We didn't get to the hotel until after check-in time so our room was waiting for us. There were 4 girls staying in the same room and it was large enough for all of our bags. We had a mini-fridge and a microwave in our room for free although we didn't use it. Our beds were comfortable as well. We were on the first floor right by the pool through our sliding glass door. Each room had their own lounge chairs and the access to the ocean was easy and close.
We ate the breakfast buffet one morning and it had many options for a reasonable price. The food was as well as can be expected.
If you drive a car there the clerk gives you a parking pass to display in your window since parking is limited.
We had fresh towels everyday and the maids were very friendly. My friend forgot her razor at home and they gave her a very expensive one for free. I was amazed that it wasn't a cheap Bic disposable. There are even free cookies in the lobby.
Overall the stay was perfect for our needs. My only negative was that I always like a sink on the outside of the bathroom to expedite the "getting ready" process. I would definitely stay here again if I was on a budget trip to Daytona Beach.

• Liked — The service was excellent and the room size was perfect.
  • Disliked — The bathroom was pretty small.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

First Impression of hotel was positive from the moment we drove in. Great parking proximity, and a comfortable lobby.
When we got to the 5th floor(top), our room was further to the end of the hallway. A smoke smell was obvious when we left the elevator, not overwhelming. Once inside our room, there was no smoke smell. A/C worked well. Good view from balcony.
The room was comfortable, large enough, and had a mini-fridge and a safe, along with all other good amenities.
The pool was great, huge and an 8 foot deep end. Lots of seating and great access to washrooms and laundry room. Lawn and shrubs were attractive, and access to beach was excellent.
Quite a few stores located along blvd, including 7-11 across street, and gift shops near by.
Haapy hour was offered, but were going out so did not partake. The guest we met on elevator was quite looking forward to attending happy hour! Overall a good stay.

• Liked — Beach access, value, pool size.
  • Disliked — Smokiy smell in hallway.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN Aku Tiki Inn? Share your experiences!