We spent 2 nights here and had a room on the second floor (well first floor as we know it in the UK). The room was spacious with 2 Queen Beds and overlooked the swimming pool.
The first night we were kept awake not only by the noise of people going along the corridor (the door to the corridor from the room didn't fit well) and a fridge in the kitchenette area that sounded like it was going to explode.
We spoke to reception in the morning who immediately sent a maintenance man who tapped the inside to stop it making the noise but by the time he'd reached the lift (3 rooms Along) the noise had started again. We told Reception again as we were going out for the day and when we returned the fridge had been changed, with the small amount of food we had inside moved to the replacement fridge. Sadly the two freezer drinks were not transferred over and the replacement fridge wasn't very clean.
The hotel advertises an Olympic sized swimming pool, it's a 25 metre pool (again in the UK an Olympic Size Swimming Pool is 50 metres). About a third of the pool at the Aku Tiki Inn, the shallow end has a narrow rope across, which is common in most American pools.
The whole lack of insulation in the rooms both from the bad fitting door and the vents in walls between rooms because of the kitchenette spaces made the noise from other hotel guests very noticeable and intrusive at times, especially late nighters returning.
We found the hassled breakfast space not welcoming and not enough space to seat everyone, similar with the happy hour, both of which we went to once only; there are many nicer more welcoming comfortable breakfast places available nearby.
Having said all this the hotel is well placed and also has an over 25 policy which avoids the younger of the Spring Breakers. If you know the hotel and ask for a room higher up away from smokers on the terrace and also at the beach end of the hotel so late nighters are not passing your room then the hotel offers clean spacious rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this family owned and operated Daytona Beach, Florida hotel located on the "World's Most Famous Beach".Welcome to the newly-renovated Daytona Beach, Florida hotel located directly on the white sand beaches of Daytona Beach. This family friendly hotel offers the best in customer service for both business and leisure travelers. Guests will be conveniently near the Ocean Center Convention Center, Daytona International Speedway and the Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. The BEST WESTERN Aku Tiki Inn proudly offers 132 spaciously appointed guest rooms each complete with cable satellite television with HBO®, microwave, refrigerator and high-speed Internet access. Guests will enjoy dining at Traders, the onsite full service restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Aku Tiki Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Aku Tiki Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Best Western