You just never know when you are picking a hotel and trying to stay around $100 in season at the beach what you might get unless you actually go beforehand and check it out. Last year we paid more elsewhere and we were disappointed at the grunginess and out of date place we stayed - you know, not bad, but not good. So I was a little afraid of what we would get at bahama house. So keep in mind it's not the Hilton, but as soon as I entered the lobby I was impressed. It was clean, cool and smelled really good. The oceanfront kitchenette was clean and relaxing. Some pictures don't do it justice. There were a lot of modern things. I think if they refaced the bathroom and kitchen cabinets with a cherry wood or something then they could compete with higher class hotels. The view is awesome, the pool, hot tub, and patio were clean and fresh and the beach access with plenty of chaise chairs was perfect. The only thing missing is a ramp down to the beach which almost makes me reconsider bringing my mom for a stay. Handicap access to lower level and beach is needed. The staff was friendly always. So with underground parking garage, cocktail hour, continental breakfast, and complimentary paper included in the price, we were absolutely impressed. I can't recommend the city side of the hotel for a stroll; not much there and some abandoned buildings, but beachside location is always perfect. We have definitely found our Daytona beach hotel of choice and highly recommend them. I am so glad I didn't let the reviews of another 'Bahama' area motel deter me from this like it almost did. Bahama House is the place to stay!
- Also Known As:
- Bahama House Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama House Hotel
- Bahama Hotel Daytona Beach
- Bahama Daytona Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the perfect location for your Daytona Beach vacation. Located directly on the ocean and built with our guests in mind, we offer all the amenities you need for a perfect beach getaway. All over sized rooms have fantastic ocean views, most include full kitchens. Great value rates always include daily deluxe continental breakfast, cocktail reception, newspaper and fresh-baked cookies. Wi-fi Internet access and parking are always free and we never charge Resort Fees. Families love our Oceanfront pool,Jacuzzi and sun deck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bahama House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.