“Great weekend at a great resort” 5 of 5 stars

Bahama House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 South Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32118   |
Ranked #12 of 110 hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando
“Great weekend at a great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As I was looking for a competitively priced location in Daytona Florida, I came across the listing for Bahama House. Due to the competitive pricing I decided to make it my destination. It ended up being a great decision. The room was very spacious and very clean. The access to the beach was extraordinary. My family and I were treated like the only guest's at the resort, which in my eyes in extremely important. The pool was clean and entertaining and the free breakfast was great for the entire family as well. The next time I visit Daytona Beach, The Bahama House will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our family likes to vacation at the beach in Florida now and then. Ever since we started staying at the Bahama House in Daytona Beach, we've never stayed anywhere else! This hotel is great. It is right on the beach. The staff is BEYOND friendly, courteous, and very helpful. Being just a walk from the beach is very nice and allows us to go out as a family and experience the waterfront at night. The rooms are very clean and spacious. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Daytona!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Let me say that this was the best hotel experience I have had in Daytona Beach! It was off to great start when the owner of the hotel personally came out to speak to me after discovering that we graduated from the same college (small world since the college is in Atlanta, GA and I am from a suburb of Chattanooga, TN)! Upon check-in, we learned that our ocean view room was upgraded to an ocean front - and what a view! I enjoyed sitting on the balcony every night to listen to the waves. The room was very large, nice, and clean with 2 queen beds, flat screen tv, table/chairs, and secondary chair. The beds were very comfortable. The room had a full kitchen right inside the door (minus an oven) - full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove, toaster oven, coffee maker, and sink. Kitchen and bathroom had upgraded granite counter tops which was a nice touch. Everything we could want for myself, my husband, and our 3 year old daughter. My daughter spilled something on the bed on the first day (of course) and the staff graciously changed our sheets. Breakfast was perfect - pastries, fruit, coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, and toast. They also had happy hour (drinks and freshly popped popcorn) every evening (we did not partake because I am pregnant but it was crowded every night). The pool was wonderful - large, clean, and warm with newer chairs around it. My 3 year old had the best time swimming in it every afternoon. Pool towels were available right inside the door. The beach was just steps away and gorgeous, as always. I have already recommended this hotel to my family and friends. I would definitely stay here again. (On a side note, after I returned home to TN, I met with a client of mine who lives in Daytona 1/2 of the year - I told him where I stayed and he said that hands down, it is the best hotel experience in the area - he tells every one of his friends to stay there and frequently goes over for happy hour himself!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BahamaHouse32118, Manager at Bahama House, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for such high marks and a great review! The Bahama House is a family friendly hotel, as you discovered, and our accommodations are perfect for families who want to get away for awhile, be it a couple of days or a week. We're happy to hear that everything went well for you and look forward to welcoming you back with the new addition to your family!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the Bahama House with the inlaws and family who were in from Delaware. Checked out the website and rates were comparable, location good, so we booked. Layout was great and very easy to navigate around the property. Middle of July so as you can imagine, it was hot and pretty crowded, but the pool was cool and happy hour drinks were cold! Overall, great experience and I'd recommend, but next time no inlaws, lol.

• Stayed July 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'll start by saying that everyone was so nice and helpful - Jane at the front desk helped me find my way around town, and by the way, what hotel have you ever stayed at that keeps fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front desk? :) My room was actually bigger than I'd expected, clean and breezy. This was a business trip, and my first time in Daytona Beach. If I come back, I'm staying at Bahama House.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view, but try to get an oceanfront room. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the second I got to check-in at the hotel, the entire experience was flawless. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms were pristine, and the friendly staff was very accommodating. The size of the room was above average, and the location cannot be beat. My next pleasure trip to Daytona (as this was for business) will be at the same location. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your positive comments. This is what the Bahama House staff strives for . . .that all of our guests' stays are flawless from beginning to end. Thank you again, we look forward to a repeat performance on your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are reasonably priced and the hotel sits on the beach. The hotel is older and could use a little redecorating but the rooms were clean and spacious. They offer happy hour and a free breakfast with the basics of bagels, cereal, pastries, coffee, and juice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downfall is that any shopping, eating, or other attractions have to be driven to.

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to send in a review. The Bahama House in in the process of doing some updating...our rooms have been equipped with flat screen televisions, the lobby was recently renovated and redecorated. Next time you visit, we hope you will like those and some of the other changes you see here. True, there are not many places within walking distance, but fortunately, most are a short drive; grocery store wthin a half mile, restaurants and gift shops a few blocks either north or south.

Been to Bahama House? Share your experiences!