“Bahama Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

20% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Bahama Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Spent 2 nights at the Bahama House with the inlaws and family who were in from Delaware. Checked out the website and rates were comparable, location good, so we booked. Layout was great and very easy to navigate around the property. Middle of July so as you can imagine, it was hot and pretty crowded, but the pool was cool and happy hour drinks were cold! Overall, great experience and I'd recommend, but next time no inlaws, lol.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'll start by saying that everyone was so nice and helpful - Jane at the front desk helped me find my way around town, and by the way, what hotel have you ever stayed at that keeps fresh chocolate chip cookies at the front desk? :) My room was actually bigger than I'd expected, clean and breezy. This was a business trip, and my first time in Daytona Beach. If I come back, I'm staying at Bahama House.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view, but try to get an oceanfront room. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the second I got to check-in at the hotel, the entire experience was flawless. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms were pristine, and the friendly staff was very accommodating. The size of the room was above average, and the location cannot be beat. My next pleasure trip to Daytona (as this was for business) will be at the same location. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BahamaHouse32118, Manager at Bahama House, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments. This is what the Bahama House staff strives for . . .that all of our guests' stays are flawless from beginning to end. Thank you again, we look forward to a repeat performance on your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are reasonably priced and the hotel sits on the beach. The hotel is older and could use a little redecorating but the rooms were clean and spacious. They offer happy hour and a free breakfast with the basics of bagels, cereal, pastries, coffee, and juice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downfall is that any shopping, eating, or other attractions have to be driven to.

• Stayed September 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to send in a review. The Bahama House in in the process of doing some updating...our rooms have been equipped with flat screen televisions, the lobby was recently renovated and redecorated. Next time you visit, we hope you will like those and some of the other changes you see here. True, there are not many places within walking distance, but fortunately, most are a short drive; grocery store wthin a half mile, restaurants and gift shops a few blocks either north or south.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I came back to the beaches of Daytona as I am thinking this will be the place to retire. When I came, I stayed at Bahama House again with some friends from Port Orange. I had plenty of space in my room for the flock of us to play rummy and when our constitutions called for fresh air and Florida sunshine, we gathered by the pool and could see the Atlantic just right there. We never went down to the shore save once, because we loved all the attention we got at the pool from the staff what with the fresh towels and drinks and whatnot. The younger girls had fun in the pool, but I don't own a bathing suit myself so I sunned. When I purchase my cottage in Daytona, any visiting friends will be directed to stay here. They always treat me so well here and now know me by name!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Whenever I take my family to Daytona Beach, we stay at the Bahama House, and it is always a wonderful experience. This past weekend was no exception. The rooms are CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN and comfortable. The staff is super friendly, making you feel welcome and helping you with everything. The pool is clean and refreshing, and the beach access is convenient. I absolutely LOVE this hotel!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The front desk were great help. Loved their happy hour, drinks and some snacks. Hotel room looks clean, there was a full kitchen which was great. The bathroom looked okay. The bedspread was horrible, flat didn't feel welcoming and I got fungal infection on my arms. I don't know from where the bed or pool but it was nasty.

There were BUGS everywhere. In the pool, around the pool, a rat jumped on my mom in the jacuzzi, grasshoppers everywhere. In the parking deck there were more bugs.

Liked the price at the beginning but at the end wished I stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Blaine L, Owner at Bahama House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am delighted that this guest found our front desk staff helpful, our prices attractive and enjoyed the complimentary drinks and snacks during happy hour. I am sorry that we failed to meet their expectations in other areas.

We do our best in Florida to live with “Mother Nature” and all of her creatures. Grasshoppers present a real challenge. They are seasonal and as adults, they have no natural enemies and there is no pesticide that will eliminate them. They love our beautiful Calla Lillies which line the north and south sides of our hotel. When grasshoppers are swarming, they are everywhere in town. The same goes for love bugs which were present for a few daysearlier this month. They visit seasonally and are literally everywhere – they come and go with changes in the wind and usually coexist with people pretty well. If you aren't accustomed to them, they can be a bit disconcerting.

We don’t show any record of this guest sharing their concerns while at the hotel. I am sorry we didn’t have a chance to try and address their issues while they were here and apologize to them in person for their inconveniences.

Been to Bahama House? Share your experiences!