“Never disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 109 hotels in Daytona Beach
Florida, Massachusetts
“Never disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was not my first stay at the Bahama House and it won't be my last. This time I had the pleasure of staying all by my lonesome and it was great! Cocktails helped! The weather was AMAZING and the so were the views. As usual the staff was so friendly and welcoming. Of all the places I have stayed this is my favorite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

739 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a repeat visit for us. We always try to stay at the Bahama House. Their staff is friendly, the breakfast and cocktail hour are always well done!

Room Tip: All have ocean views and balconies - you just need to choose whether or not you'd like kitchen f...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for. It is right on the beach with ocean view rooms. The hotel is a bit older but the rooms are clean and well laid out. There was a full kitchen in the room, fridge microwave, stove top plus dishes, pots, utensils. We were only there for one night but this place would have been perfect for a week long stay. The breakfast buffet was good, standard hot and cold breakfast fare. Much more convenient than having to find and pay for a restaurant breakfast. Free parking was a plus as well. I will stay there again next time I visit Daytona Beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have been to Florida beaches many times. The Bahama House is now my house in Daytona. My room was up graded to a beach front room. Nice pool and hot tub. Road to drive on the beach right next to hotel. Hotel has beach front furniture for best sunbathing below pool area. Free Breakfast was not much but I had a full kitchen in my room. Room deck had a good area for morning coffee watching the sun come up over the roaring ocean waves. I wish there was a bar/resturant on site but many are close by. I only stayed 2 nights that was not enough. Don't try to do too much on your vacation. Chill out in one place with the family. Cook for yourself so you can save money so you can stay at the Bahama House longer.

Room Tip: get ocean front room. Your spouse will love it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I came here solo for some much needed R&R. First let me say I normally stay at 5 star Hotels as I travel over 100K of miles a year for business so I have standards. I loved this place! I chose it via other great reviews on the internet. Opt for an Ocean Front room, a little more money but the view is stunning!
-Staff was friendly
-Room was HUGE with a kitchen so I could prepare my own meals as I wasn’t in the mood for restaurants , Super Market close by
-You could be waist high in the ocean and back in your room in less than 3 minutes- free parking, free internet, happy hour and breakfast although I didn’t attend any of the breakfasts
-Yes the rooms could use a bit of an update but they were clean and very efficient and quiet
-I wish they had screen doors on the balconies so you could keep the door open in the evenings!
I will be back next time I need a solo little get away! Infact I just extended my stay for another night!

Room Tip: Opt for the Ocean front room not the Ocean view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We checked in here after finding our favorite, the Nautilus, full. We found this place offered comfort and cleanliness but with a few caveats:
Uncomfortable beds & pillows. Thin sheets.
Older TVs; no flat screens.
Hallway in second floor smelled musty.
The immediate vicinity isn't the greatest, with an adult store and tattoo parlor right across the street. I never felt endangered, but I can't say that I was entirely comfortable either.

Pluses: VERY friendly staff, from housekeeping to front desk.
Nice breakfast spread, included in price, staffed by friendly hostess.
We had no issues with cleanliness.
Family place; quiet during spring break.

We'd stay here again & would recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2012
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My family and I vacationed at the Bahama House last summer and it was AWESOME! The pool area is very nice and inviting. The rooms are very roomy and spotless. The staff is very friendly and always greeted us as we came in and out, and who can forget about the cookies at the front desk!?! The view of the ocean from our balcony was breathtaking. I loved staying there and my kids on a regular basis ask if we're going back - we will be for sure!

Room Tip: The suites with the kitchenettes are great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bahama House? Share your experiences!