“GOOD STAY!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 109 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“GOOD STAY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love Daytona Beach and this trip was no exception. The hotel itself was nice and the staff was very attentive. We had requested a room through Living Social and they would not let us book an upgrade to an ocean front until we arrived at the hotel. I started not to go due to that fact but went ahead and booked anyway. When I got there, they wantd us to pay an amount different for the upgrade than what had been quoted. I advised of the price quoted and they honored it stating the rates had just went up and since I called before the rates went up, I was good to go. The room itself was clean. There was a kitchen inthe room with two burners for stove, but no pots and pans. We did have eating utensils and plates and glasses, though.
I loved the view of the ocean, the pool was clean, the grounds were clean, and the building itself, while older, was very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LSORUCO, Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Lydia,

Thank you for staying with us. We are committed to excellence and we do our best to take the excellent possible care of our guests.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was there in June 2013 with my family. The room was dirty and always out of towels. The maids were very kind. The front desk clerk, Tyler, was lazy and just plain didn't care. The parking lot was too small and dangerous. Te elevators were small and slow. The best about this hotel is that it sits on the beach. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LSORUCO, Public Relations Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your concern. We are in the process of putting a significant amount of money into hotel and your other concerns will be addressed.

greeneville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had been 29 years since i visit Daytona Beach wasnt sure where to stay. Visited Trip advisor and results for the Acapulco were well rated. Reserved a room for four days there and the experience was so nice we booked one extra day there and the motel made us a great rate for the extra day there. I will book there again. Clean rooms , we stayed in room 520 whitch unlike some other reviews here was so very clean and so is all the property. the hotel is very busy and I believe it is due to its affordability and cleanliness. we always look at other properties when were visiting places and after doing so this time my wife and i agreed no need to to look elsewhere we will choose to stay here again for sure. hope this helps. stayed here june 23 to june 28 2013.

Room Tip: all rooms have a ocean view the room we rented was an officientcy so we cooked breakfast and lunch...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We really look forward serving you and your family again at The Acapulco Hotel and Resort in Daytona Beach Florida.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

All of the negative reviews are true! Stay here at your own peril! The photos of the property look much better than the actual property. The hotel is run down, dirty, old, worn and in desperate need of a complete renovation. The carpeting in the room was dirty, stained, worn and dusty...I was afraid to walk barefoot on it. The slider to the balcony was missing the handle and lock, and the balcony itself had wet potato chips laying on the floor from the previous guest. The bedspreads were a dark color, and I was suspicious as to what disgusting stuff was lurking on it, so we were afraid to lay on it. The bathroom is another story, suffice to say you wouldn't want to shower in it. The tile is old and outdated and the grout lines are practically black. Overall, the housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. The pool area was no more appealing.

The location is nice, but when I go to the beach I expect nice soft sand and a quiet and serene atmosphere. This was my first time in Daytona Beach, so I didn't know that cars are allowed on the beach, which was more like the speedway than a tranquil beach where you can smell the salt air and listen to the sound of the ocean. Also, the sand is damp, brown, hard, and not at all sandy...more like wet cement. So if you are looking for a peaceful beach experience, Daytona probably is not the beach for you!

The hotel staff was very nice and the best part of my experience. I booked 3 nights, but checked out after 1 night. The owner should stop trying to get over on guests with sub-par accommodations and just pony up the cash to do a complete renovation of the entire property. Don't waste your hard earned money here...for a few extra bucks, stay at a real (clean) hotel resort!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review Pamela. We do pay attention to the reviews, we take every single one into consideration.

We have made a lot of changes so far and we are making a lot more.

I will print your review and share with our house keeping department , we can certainly make a change on that department.

Once again thank you so much for sharing your opinion, if there is something I can do to repair your unpleasant experience please let me know.

Daytona during November and December is very quiet and our oceanfront guestrooms are fantastic.

Laurent Oliva
E-commerce/Sales Manager
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel was at capacity when we arrived but Ilene at the front desk got us a great room near the ocean. The breakfast was great. Try the breakfast burrito. Beach is wonderful and it is close to all the attractions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LSORUCO, Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We really look forward serving you and your family again at The Acapulco Hotel and Resort in Daytona Beach Florida.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently stayed in Daytona Beach and had to check out of this hotel after only one night. The room was so dirty that we had to go to the local Dollar General to purchase cleaning supplies before we could even use the bathroom. There was mildew in the shower, rust and other brown stains on the toilet, the hallway/stairwell smelled horrible and the elevators took up to 5 minutes to arrive every time - I could go on forever. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

I will say that the staff was very pleasant and accommodated our request to check out after only one night and for that I am very grateful. I think her name was Patrice or Beatrice, but she was great and I really appreciated the service that she provided!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear TP:

Thank you for your candid review on trip advisor

We are truly disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations, and for that please accept my sincere apologies. The items you mentioned in your review is of concern will be addressed by me personally.

Thank you for informing us that our associate Beatrice was excellent!
I will share your comments with Beatrice.

David Simmons
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a nice place to stay great location. Our room had a full kitchen with pots and stove. excellent when traveling with kids! Elevators a little slow Overall had a good two night stay at Acapulco resort. Beatrice (front desk) and Sharon ( housekeeping) were very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
L O, Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. Please follow our Facebook, we re always looking for way to give back to our Loyal Guests. www.facebook.com/acapulcodaytona

Been to Acapulco Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!